My Most Hated Television Characters List

Tools    

This list is going to be a little more complex than what the title implies. Some of these characters were presented to TV audiences to be hated. They are the antagonist of the show and were written to be booed and hissed. On the other hand, a lot of characters that appear on this list weren't bad in the classic sense. There was something about the character that rubbed me the wrong way, and let me make that clear, these are characters that made my skin crawl, whether it was the way the character was written or the way the actor portrayed the character, but these are the TV characters who, if I had had the ability, I would have fast forwarded every moment they had onscreen. Here we go...this is a list of my most hated television characters:

Potsie Webber, Happy Days

I don't know if it was the character's bland personality or Anson William's bland portrayal of the character, but in my opinion, Potsie was an extreme waist of screentime.

Lisa Turtle, Saved by the Bell

This character was just a little too full of herself for my taste and what kind of surname for a black character was Turtle?

Stan Zbornak, The Golden Girls

This womanizing parasite made me want to punch him in the face every time he appeared onscreen.

Terri Scheuster, Glee

This woman's manipulation of her husband Will (Matthew Morrison) was initially humorous but it got less and less funny...especially when she actually faked a pregnancy to keep Will from leaving her. It seemed to take forever for Will to catch onto what she was doing but I was thrilled when he finally did.

Orson Hodge, Desperate Housewives

Orson (Kyle MacLachlan) was a demented mama's boy who made life a living hell for Bree Van DeKamp (Marcia Cross).

Amy Vining, General Hospital

Amy (The late Shell Kepler) was a GH nurse who was also half-sister to Laura (Genie Francis), but she was also Port Charles' nosiest inhabitant, obsessed with knowing what was going on with everyone in town and making sure everybody knew about it.

The truth is in here
Wow, can't believe Potsie is your first one He's easily one of my favorite Happy Days characters, and Anson's performance is certainly a big part of it.

John Allen Hill, Cheers

John Allen Hill (the late Keene Curtis) was a wealthy restaurant owner who leased out the upstairs part of Sam's bar so that his patrons had to walk through Cheers to eat. He also had a logic-defying affair with Carla (Rhea Perlman) which was just about sex...when they got out of bed, they couldn't stand each other.

Wow, can't believe Potsie is your first one He's easily one of my favorite Happy Days characters, and Anson's performance is certainly a big part of it.
Yeah agreed. In the first couple seasons of Happy Days, Potsie was a worldly, sneaky teen who would talk Richie into getting into all sorts of mischief. In the later seasons the writers made him into a one joke dumb guy. I still liked him...but always felt sorry for Anson Williams who deserved better that that.

74. Isaac, The Love Boat

As far as I'm concerned this character did for black television characters what Tyler Perry did for black movie characters.
Why? What did his character do wrong?

I always liked him, he was positive and not a goof ball like Gopher was.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Isaac, The Love Boat

As far as I'm concerned this character did for black television characters what Tyler Perry did for black movie characters.

I don't really understand why you didn't like Isaac, but I liked him. He was always smiling, and he just seemed like a nice guy.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

John Allen Hill, Cheers

John Allen Hill (the late Keene Curtis) was a wealthy restaurant owner who leased out the upstairs part of Sam's bar so that his patrons had to walk through Cheers to eat. He also had a logic-defying affair with Carla (Rhea Perlman) which was just about sex...when they got out of bed, they couldn't stand each other.

I didn't like the character of John Allen Hill, but he was in one of my favorite episodes of "Cheers". I think the title of the episode was "Good Neighbor Sam". It was the episode where John Allen Hill keeps doing things that annoy Sam until Sam finally has a mental breakdown and attacks the doormat that John Allen Hill gave him to put at the bottom of the stairs.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the list is posted in reverse order, that means I hate Potsie the least.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I'd wager Frank Burns (Larry Linville) from M*A*S*H is on your list somewhere. For me, at least, he was the most unlikable character to plague television history.

I haven’t seen a single one of these shows. Ever.

I'd wager Frank Burns (Larry Linville) from M*A*S*H is on your list somewhere. For me, at least, he was the most unlikable character to plague television history.

Little too early on the list for Frank Burns

But Frank Burns is like the person you love to hate. He was awesome on the show, but not a nice character.