Summer 2020

Tools    

Where you want to travel this year?

Without going outside, you may know the whole world.
Without looking through the window, you may see the ways of heaven.
The farther you go, the less you know.

Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu - chapter 47

---

I don't like these modern day travelers, for some, for the most part. They see travelling as a place on the map you put an X because you were there, but most of them the only thing they have is a photograph and nothing else, maybe an instagram picture to make it true, it's not true if people don't see it. If you want to get to know a place, you have to get to know its people, and to get to know its people you have to go where there is no tourism, or where tourism didn't sucked everything out, Tangier for instance, because where is tourism there is money evolved, and from money nothing good will come.

In May we're going to Austin, TX for my 50th B-Day and in August a trip down around Jupiter, FL. In November it's Lake Tahoe, NV.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Local travellinig good too, US or in UK, there are a lot of places

I want to travel
to my roof and admire the view.

Yeahhh, the yearly Seattle thing is in danger. PAX West might not even happen, and if it does, the game I'm usually there for might not go (might not make economic sense of attendance is down, which it would certainly figure to be), and if it does it's not clear how many of the other people I usually meet up with there would make it.

It's like five months away, but people need some time to plan, so it feels like a coin flip.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Ugh, at first I hadn't realized that this thread started a month ago, and that the wishes in those earlier posts were real ones, not the sort we'd all be making now: "Once this is over, where you do you want to go?"

Sometimes it's chilling how fast things changed. We're in the middle of trying to figure out when to rebook a cruise that was just canceled (originally scheduled for early May). At this point I'm guessing we might end up booking for December, just to be sure. And even then... will it happen? And if so, will the ship still smell like Lysol spray?

Where you want to travel this year?
Europe, the whole of it maybe
was the plan but covid ruined it