The Keepers - Who killed Sister Cathy?

Tools    

This is a mesmerizing 7 part docu-series on Netflix from 2017. Being curious about the title, I sampled the first episode, and I was hooked.

The main story is about a young nun who taught at a Catholic girl's school in Baltimore who was abducted and murdered in 1969. This was within a framework of sexual abuse of many of the girls by several priests and their cronies, including several in the police department, and its subsequent coverup.

Two tenacious lady amateur sleuths --who had been former students of Sister Cathy's-- took up an exhaustive investigation that continued for years. This is the story of what they found, and the status of the case today.

Producer Ryan White has fashioned a first rate documentary which plays as an absorbing mystery.

Doc's rating: 8/10

Just subscribed to Netflix again for Ozark so will definitely add this to my watch list.

Binge-watched The Keepers. Very interesting & very disturbing. I do think 7 hours was too long; chopping off an hour would not have lessened the impact.

⬆️ This one was very noticeable IMO as being too long. It was quite the struggle to plow through the entire thing. Definitely needed a firmer editing hand. Or maybe they just wanted a 7-parter.

One of the reporters interviewed on camera, Tom Nugent, is my former journalism professor.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

This is a mesmerizing 7 part docu-series on Netflix from 2017. Being curious about the title, I sampled the first episode, and I was hooked.

The main story is about a young nun who taught at a Catholic girl's school in Baltimore who was abducted and murdered in 1969. This was within a framework of sexual abuse of many of the girls by several priests and their cronies, including several in the police department, and its subsequent coverup.

Two tenacious lady amateur sleuths --who had been former students of Sister Cathy's-- took up an exhaustive investigation that continued for years. This is the story of what they found, and the status of the case today.

Producer Ryan White has fashioned a first rate documentary which plays as an absorbing mystery.

Doc's rating: 8/10

I was hooked, alright, which is rare. I just finished this, and thought they would have "something". I stayed up way past my bed-time yesterday, something I never do, but this was so riveting. I woke up today and saw the remaining two episodes, and ... need to see some new developments, or find more.