The MoFo Map

Tools    

Also, if we were part of Europe as much as people reckon... why do you need a passport to get from the UK to Europe and vice-versa?

You don't need a passport to go from France to Germany etc.

So you're attached to the landmass of the European continent and part of the European Union, but you're not part of Europe because you don't like Europe?

It's part of North America... but not part of the USA.

Canada and USA are different countries that share a land border and are on the same landmass.

The UK is an island, separated by nearly 30 miles of water at the closest point (which is getting larger by the way because the UK is still moving away from Europe).

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You need a passport to go from Canada to the U.S. I guess that means Canada isn't part of North America?

I've been to Canada several times, and I've never had a passport. You don't need a passport to go from the U.S. to Canada, so I doubt you need one to go from Canada to the U.S.

I've been to Canada several times, and I've never had a passport. You don't need a passport to go from the U.S. to Canada, so I doubt you need one to go from Canada to the U.S.
Really? Hmm... that's interesting because I've been thinking about visiting the U.S. for some game tournaments. What do you need then? Just a couple pieces of ID?

On Climate:

Average precipitation:

UK --- 854.8 mm
US --- 742.44 mm

UK has more precipitation than in the US. It's true that thanks to the Atlantic currents the winter in the UK is much milder than in the US (specially in the north of the midwest), but overall the UK is not very warm. My friend from Northern England said that it's always around 0 celsius to 10 celsius, which might not be ideal for outdoor activities.

I believe climatic reasons help to explain why the industrial revolution happened in the UK. Since it's the ideal climate for indoor work. Only with the invention of the air conditioner the industrial revolution spread through tropical climates.
You haven't witnessed a night out whatever time of year in Northern England! I've worn more clothes on the beach than those youngsters wear on a freezing cold night

Interesting idea about the industrial revolution but the UK became the front runner of the industrial revolution as it was already a rich merchant country with a burgeoning commercial textile industry ripe for being mechanised. It had the money, the clusters of urban population as well as a great interest in science and engineering.

I don't think you can compare rainfall in the UK with the whole of the land mass of the US with all its different regional climates . The whole of the UK is only the size of the state of Alabama .

Also, if we were part of Europe as much as people reckon... why do you need a passport to get from the UK to Europe and vice-versa?

You don't need a passport to go from France to Germany etc.
We are a European country. We need a passport to get into and out of Europe as we have opted out of the Schengen Agreement which allows free movement between European countries. We wanted authority over our own border being an island whereas the rest of Europe wanted to make it easier to pass through borders as they were adjoined anyway. The Republic of Ireland has also opted out as they wanted to keep the free movement arrangement with the UK.

Rodent is not a fan of the idea of being European, but you can't get away from the fact that geographically we are part of the European continent.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If the UK is not Europe, then Madagascar is not Africa and Ceylon is not Asia.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

^^ Madagascar is attached to the African continent today, but was part of the Asian continent.
Madagascar was once connected to India, and is also in the Indian Ocean... which are both part of Asia.

It was also owned by the French up until 1960. Which is Europe.

In turn all continents were connected at some point in the past. There's been 15 Supercontinents over the squillions of years: Ur, Vaalbara, Kenorland, Paleopangea, Columbia, Rodinia, Pannotia, Superia, Sclavia, Nuna, Laurentia, Baltica, Siberia, Gondwana and the most recent called Pangaea.

It's all swings and roundabouts but I will never, ever, class Britain as Europe.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Settle down, Nige.

UK has more precipitation than in the US. It's true that thanks to the Atlantic currents the winter in the UK is much milder than in the US (specially in the north of the midwest), but overall the UK is not very warm. My friend from Northern England said that it's always around 0 celsius to 10 celsius, which might not be ideal for outdoor activities.
Or, as verybritishproblems puts it

Heatwave!

At 56 now... I've found a little quirk at the top right of the slidy bar on the right hand side there's a double arrow >> symbol. Click it and it shows an alphabetical list of everyone on the map.

At 56 now... I've found a little quirk at the top right of the slidy bar on the right hand side there's a double arrow >> symbol. Click it and it shows an alphabetical list of everyone on the map.
Hey that's a great feature. You'd never know that was there tho would you?