The New James Bond

Tools    

Oh come on he was the same character in that role as he was in literally any of his other movies. Taken is probably the laziest name drop I've ever heard for someone who demands cinematic integrity from others.
It's not about general cinematic integrity, it's about believability to carry out a demanding action role. Why, do you need me to cite Shindler's list for cinematic integrity? You want to argue something, but you completely miss the point. If you really want to debate, you need to hire an interpreter. Seems to me that you are more in need of name dropping than me but I'll let your friends jump in and help you out with that one.

It's not about general cinematic integrity, it's about believability to carry out a demanding action role. Why, do you need me to cite Shindler's list for cinematic integrity? You want to argue something, but you completely miss the point. If you really want to debate, you need to hire an interpreter. Seems to me that you are more in need of name dropping than me but I'll let your friends jump in and help you out with that one.
Why is it so popular to turn an argument towards something it wasn't in the first place? You made something up (or are beyond gullible) about a franchise whose problem was rarely the acting and expect to suggest Liam Neeson, who has no place in this franchise based on non-malliability alone, as if you consider something like that inarguable. I've not missed the point of anything other than why you're posting something so useless. You're the one who name-dropped Taken like its the be-all-end-all film worth your attention, I just pointed out how ridiculous that was, which likens no impact on my "need" for name dropping. Fools these days...this isn't a debate either.

I call troll. Who the hell would say "my friends said Craig is out" and then say cast the joke that is Liam Neeson? I don't know a soul on the planet who has criticized Craig for his height amongst everything else he is criticized for.
Dude, these are your words. Correct me if I'm wrong for misunderstanding.
You called me a "troll " and then you said " cast the joke that is Liam Neeson ". So not only did you make it personal but you also offended Liam Neeson. I then reacted to that. On some forums that have zero tolarance for bashing we would both have been banned. I publicly got admonished by a moderator but no one seems to think you did anything wrong and you are the one that chose to make it personal. You can disagree with me all you want but when you start hurling insults and making it personal, a moderator should do something about it, if for no other reason then to stop subsequent retaliation and escalation. Can't we all just get along and agree to disagree without making it personal?

Ok I'll ask for pardon. A thousand apologies to Liam I had no idea I offended him, I didn't know he read this board religiously.

Troll isn't an insult when you post random things like this as facts, it's not a personal attack, your family or pets were not mentioned. What I did is called "right to suspicion."

Ok I'll ask for pardon. A thousand apologies to Liam I had no idea I offended him, I didn't know he read this board religiously.

Troll isn't an insult when you post random things like this as facts, it's not a personal attack, your family or pets were not mentioned. What I did is called "right to suspicion."
See, now doesn't that sound better? Don't you ever hear something and just accept it without necessarily demanding hard evidence, especially something trivial such as an actor possibly getting a role or not getting it?
Hollywood gossip columns are full of half-truths or blatant lies yet some people still take them seriously. People just shouldn't automaticaly label someone ( troll ) for one unsubstantiated statement, unless their intention is to provoke but the road to hell is paved with good intentions as the messages often gets warped along the way and the ones that recieve them, see them in a whole new light. I would never call someone a troll unless they were a repeat offender and I wanted to provoke them, but that is just how I see things.

I didn't know Daniel Craig was out as James Bond. I thought they had a good thing going. The only Ian Flemming short story name that has not been used yet is "Property of a Lady", which was ultimately made into "Octopussy". They should still double-back and use that as the name for one of the future movies with an original story. I think it makes for a good title.

A few days old, something Craig said:

James Bond star Daniel Craig has said that he will continue to play the British spy for as long as he can.

The star - who is taking on the role for a third time in the latest film Skyfall - told the BBC he would "keep going until they tell me to stop".

He admitted there were big expectations for the film to be a success with the Bond franchise celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.

However, he said the team were "going to put on a good show".

Craig added although he wanted to leave his mark on the films, he was under no illusion he would have to eventually give up the 007 role.

"I know there'll be someone after me, and hopefully someone after them - I'm just trying to keep [the series] going."

What's there to explain? Daniel Craig trying to promote Skyfall?
All I can do is conjure that when MGM was going through it's financial troubles, whatever deal they had with Daniel Craig was not paramount in their minds. They were probably wondering if they were going to make it and keep operating period. In the mean time they were scrambling for more money to see if they can survive.
The way things looked then, Skyfall wasn't even going to happen.
When MGM found out that they were going to get refinanced, the Bond Franchise regained it's importance and perhaps they were then re-thinking about getting someone possibly more profitable or a bigger box draw then Craig. Who knows what's in their minds and how much gossip one can take for granted? Prior to their financial troubles, when the 5 more movie deal with Craig as Bond was on the table, exclusivity was the issue, as they wanted to nail Craig down to just Bond and he wanted to be able to appear in other roles, as well, time permitting.
Obviously, Craig has appeared in the Girl With The Dragon Tatoo, since, so apparently exclusivity is not the issue any more. Did he also sign to do the complete Swedish trilogy, which would kind of impinge on the rest of the Bond business, I don't know, I'm not his lawyer.
All that we can assume now is that Skyfall is in production, so let's enjoy it and see what happens afterwords.

Your post was a waste of time in reply to me, my previous post was in reply to someone else who has had their post deleted. They said something like the last Bond was inappropriate and I asked them to explain. I wasn't replying to my own post...

Your post was a waste of time in reply to me, my previous post was in reply to someone else who has had their post deleted. They said something like the last Bond was inappropriate and I asked them to explain. I wasn't replying to my own post...
Not to worry, had I thought it was a waste of time, I would not have written it, although I did think you brought it up, essentially reviving a dead thread.
However, it's nice to know it wasn't meant as a reference to something I might have said
To paraphrase the infamous Rodney King: " Can't we all just get along" ?

I don't think it's that many more. Surely it can't be 5 as has been stated earlier in this thread? Assuming that it takes about 2 years to make a Bond film these days, Craig would be fifty-four in his final film. Do you really want to see that?

Sean Connery was 52 in Never Say Never Again, and Roger Moore hung it up at 57.
Don't know about Connery but I certainly didn't want to see Roger Moore running after girls that could've been his daughters.