Least favorite director?

Tools    

john waters

knowing film facts is never bad
that man uwe boll the one who keeps buying up all the videogame properties. he made house of the dead and alone in the dark and soon he will release bloodrayne in theaters. he needs to go back to film school

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
I'd probably go with Martin Scorsese, He really isn't my taste in films.
Which films? This man covers virtually every part of the genre spectrum... Gangster film, noir, period pieces, black comedy, sports films.... Not one of his (very very different) films were up your alley? What have you seen, if I may ask?

Shyamalan, Bay, Columbus
after "Terminal" and "Saving Private Ryan" I don't think Spielberg is a talented director - he's merely a businessman and a good craftsman.
As it may seem strange, I whisper: polaaanski

Viddy well little brother
I also dont like Spielberg. A talented storyteller but not a good director.

Least favorite...Michael Moore

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Michael Moore....
Originally Posted by ~Floydbuster
Least favorite...Michael Moore
Why?

Well...let's just say...I am an elephant

What??? I bought Canadian Bacon...watched it, saw he directed and we (MY FATHER AND I) destroyed it.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by sixthson
Shyamalan, Bay, Columbus
after "Terminal" and "Saving Private Ryan" I don't think Spielberg is a talented director - he's merely a businessman and a good craftsman.
As it may seem strange, I whisper: polaaanski
Polanski has some top notch films, including one of my favorites of all time, but spielberg also has some talent. No director has a perfect catalog... Also, Saving Private Ryan was well directed, and even if it wasn't, what about stuff like Raiders of the Lost Ark, Schindler's List, Close Encounters, and of course, Jaws, which has exceptional technical attributes across the board, and is considered one of the best films of all time by many. Ya, so The Terminal wasn't amazing, but now he is a bad director? 20+ years of breaking new ground in film and he is bad?

Oliver Stone and Paul Anderson

Originally Posted by ~Floydbuster
Well...let's just say...I am an elephant
I don't get it.

Paul Anderson. Not the Paul Anderson of Boogie Nights fame, but the other one... AvP was a disaster, with directing just bad enough to go hand in hand with the screenplay.

Oh yeah, Uwe Boll. Anyone who has seen House of the Dead has no need for an explanation...patching in seense from a videogame?!?

...brilliant.

Takashi Miike for me... I've only seen two of his films and couldn't have been more disappointed/disgusted... and this coming from a guy who has Dead Alive in his top 100 films of all time I guess boards like this hyping his movies as being outstanding has something to do with my disappointment. It's often hard for movies to live up to expectations after hearing so much positive word of mouth... His movies though were simply terrible, IMHO.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Laugh and grow fat!
Originally Posted by Escape
I don't get it.
By saying he's an elephant, he's simply saying he's a republican. As we all know, Moore's films tend to appeal to a left-wing audience.

In regards to Moore, let's just say, I'm a donkey.

Originally Posted by Fatman
By saying he's an elephant, he's simply saying he's a republican. As we all know, Moore's films tend to appeal to a left-wing audience.

In regards to Moore, let's just say, I'm a donkey.
Jackass

Sorry, just couldn't resist

Welcome to the human race...
Robert Rodriguez comes to mind...I've seen most of his movies, namely Spy Kids 1 2 & 3, and then I've seen the El Mariachi trilogy (El Mariachi, Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico). All of them are brilliant on a special effects level but the rest is pretty poor in terms of overall film material.

*shrugs*

Michael "the dumb ***** hack" Bay is my least favorite 'popular' director.

Not like I'm the only one either.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Tarantino - overrated

Michael Bay with one strange caveat - Armageddon, yep I liked that movie much to my chagrin. If blowing s*** up and tugging at the heartstrings/patriotic fervor could possibly be distilled into an art form, this is it.

Joel Schumacher this poor guy has NEVER made a good film, not even passable, and nothing close to watchable.

Yeah six I agree ol' Roman is way overrated...