Best Christmas Movies...

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The Saunta Clause is a good movie...kinda hokey, but still pretty good...always funny with Tim Allens little quirks
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

ok, well this isn't exactly a movie. it's a tv special and its my favorite, and i does relate to the whole christmas theme. does anyone remember emmit otter's jugband christmas. it was a jim henson special they used to run every christmas during the 80s. i haven't seen it on tv in years, but i recently found it on video.
"look at the birds, up in the trees."
"We're not birds. we're a jugband!"
classic!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I think I remember seeing something about that a while back, and I would love to have all of them. That's a classic show that shouldn't have been taken off

The Family Man and Its a Wonderful Life
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Scrooged

Muppet Christmas Carol is unparalleled. How can you beat this joke:
Scrooge - "You seem to be a little absent minded spirit"
Christmas Present - "No, I'm a LARGE absent minded spirit!"

Ha ha ha ha ha. It's pure genius.

The Grinch! no doubt
and the one with 'The Heat Mizer' and 'Mr. Freeze'...what was that?....A year Without a Santa Claus???

Originally posted by karenluvs6
The Grinch! no doubt
and the one with 'The Heat Mizer' and 'Mr. Freeze'...what was that?....A year Without a Santa Claus???
"I'm Mr. Heat Miser, I'm Mr. Sun
I'm Mr. Green Christmas, I'm Mr. Hundred and one"
Ultra soooavay choice!

Now With Moveable Parts
I love those cheesy little clamation(or whatever that is)movies!They have one with the story of Santa Claus,and the one about the Easter Bunny,and the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer..."She thinks I'm cuuuuuute!" I forgot about those. There's a Frosty the Snowman one too.

Originally posted by Toose
The Grinch! no doubt
"I'm Mr. Heat Miser, I'm Mr. Sun
I'm Mr. Green Christmas, I'm Mr. Hundred and one"
Ultra soooavay choice!

BTW....I meant the cartoon Grinch!
although Jim Carrey *was* superb in his version.

how about the one with 'The Bumble'....? He was sooooo cool!

OH...and the one with the little elf who wants to be a dentist...now he had class

Waaaa! You just reminded me of the island of misfit toys!

how about the one with 'The Bumble'....? He was sooooo cool!

OH...and the one with the little elf who wants to be a dentist...now he had class
his name was hermie!

I'd have to say "It's A Wonderful Life" is the best Christmas movie ever. No question. The animated "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is second on my list.

'Tis almost the season. Any of the newer blood or lurkers want to jump in and add your favorite X-mas flicks?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
You know what I DO want to say on this thread? I saw the commercial for the Grinch coming out on DVD. The liitle catch phrase they used was," The holiday movie event of all time." I think that's a little persumptious and egotistical. It is NOT, by far, the holiday movie event of all time, it's not even a movie event. Period.

Sadly, when a film grosses some $260-million in the U.S. alone, yes, they can trumpet their success (though Home Alone made $285-million domestically, and thems 1990 dollars).

I didn't give this Grinch a nickel, so don't blame me.