Movie Sequel Mania

Tools    

Originally Posted by Zzat
HOLY crap they are going do Freddy vs Jason vs Ash.

Don't forget, they had that treatment in their hands for a long time until now when they let it out over the net. So, nothing is official yet

You ready? You look ready.
Hey jrs, can you get us some information on "Fantastic Four?"

BTW, Zzat guess who will play Dr.Doom? Julian McMahon. Now that I can't imagine.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by John McClane
Hey jrs, can you get us some information on "Fantastic Four?"
I'll get whatever I can.....the only thing I heard recently is that it MIGHT be one of David Boreanaz's (Buffy, Angel) next projects. Either Fantastic Four, Jurassic Park 4 or Indiana Jones 4 (according to Coming Soon )

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by jrs
I'll get whatever I can.....the only thing I heard recently is that it MIGHT be one of David Boreanaz's (Buffy, Angel) next projects. Either Fantastic Four, Jurassic Park 4 or Indiana Jones 4 (according to Coming Soon )
Thanks.

BTW, Zzat guess who will play Dr.Doom? Julian McMahon. Now that I can't imagine.
well he wears a mask so i wont get to his face

EXCLUSIVE !!!! "First Ever" On the Set Pic Of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Go to harryloveshermione.com

The picture has been to a different server from harryloveshermione.com, and is not able to be seen as a full pic as it was before. You can go here though for a thumbnail.

i remember that in the book they hiking for that game

Quidtich World Cup
Yup Yup Yup

I See You When You're Sleeping
Jrs, remember to quote where you're copying from. For example that whole "Vin Diesel on Riddick's Next Adventure" is straight from http://www.moviehole.net/news/4100.html I bet if I googled the rest, they'd all be plagirised from other sources.

You know what happened last time.

Updates:

"Paul Anderson Talks AVP Cut"

From Dark Horizons, questions have swirled about the PG-13 rating, the truncated runtime, the questionable elements that seem to ignore the previous film lore (eg. the sped up alien breeding cycle).

In a special Q&A industry screening, Paul W.S. Anderson was there to take questions from the audience about the film after it was shown and Bloody Disgusting was on hand to file a report. Here's a look at the most important questions:

"About the studio's cutting of the film, which he had no control over, he said, and I quote, "All of the best scenes were cut." Anderson was obviously very annoyed at the way the film was released. However, this was not purely because of the PG-13 limitation, which incidentally, the studio enforced THREE WEEKS before the release date! It was always going to be R until then.

Part of the reason for the cutting was that some of the effects were not ready by the time the release date came around. The effects team had very little time to do anything.

As far as the content that was cut, apparently we see all those who die, die on screen, but he also said that there is a sub-plot that we will have to wait for on DVD. Yes there will be an R-rated Director's cut DVD although they don't know the release date yet".

For the full interview which goes into detail about scenes cut, the ignored Pete Briggs script, etc. just go to Bloddy Disgusting.

"Paul Anderson Talks "Resident Evil 3"

Sci-Fi Wire spoke with "Alien vs. Predator" Director Paul W.S. Anderson who said he would like to oversee a third installment in the video-game-inspired franchise "Resident Evil". Anderson wrote both movies, directed the first and produced the second which opens next month.

"I think it's a franchise that has legs, and I would very much like to see a third movie, I don't know if I'd direct it. I think it would have to depend on what happens" says Anderson who also explained why he passed on helming the second one - "Either way, whether I directed it or not, it would be a franchise I would want to stay very much in control of and very involved in. There's a broad range of stories to tell, a very wide Resident Evil universe, so there are a lot of potential stories that we could do that would be tied in to the video games".

Anderson calls the second film a 'direct continuation' from the first movie - "At the end of the first movie the Umbrella Corp. are going to reopen the Hive and discover what went on down there and at the start of this movie that's what they do. And the infection, the T-virus, escapes and infects Raccoon City, which is above the laboratory.

The story then basically takes place over 24 hours, as the city is completely overrun with undead and is actually sealed by the Umbrella Corp. so that no one is allowed out of it. And we follow a handful of survivors as they attempt to escape the city. The survivors include Alice, who survived from the first movie, and she hooks up with well-known characters from the video-game series, and Jill Valentine is one of those characters".

Thanks to Dark Horizons.

Just reported recently onLatino Review:
Warner is apparently "very" happy with the job Chris Nolan is doing on Batman Begins and is trying to coax him into doing the sequel as soon as possible. Try two years apart. It's definite that the next sequel will concentrate on The Joker and they're already throwing names around:

Steve Buscemi - no explanation needed. Currently doing a Zwigoff film.

Robin Williams - been slumming it in dark stuff lately.

Lachy Hulme - played Sparks in The Matrix movies.

Alexis Denisof - played Wesley, the watcher, on Buffy and Angel.

Mark Hammil - played the role on the cartoons. a fan fave.

A while back , Chicago was used as the location for the filming of Batman Begins. Thanks to Batman On Film, you can view a video of a shooting of the movie. Just click the link.

Here's an Oceans 12 pic :

Crow 4: Wicked Prayer Update :

It's on delay
maybe for February of 2005 or later... report/rumors say that this could be the coming release date however, due to the turmoil currently at Miramax the release date is still up in the air.

"Comedian Joins "Pirates 2 & 3"

According to Sky News, TV comic Johnny Vegas could be set for a starring role in the "Pirates Of The Caribbean" sequels thanks mostly to Johnny Depp.

UK tabloid The Daily Star reports that Depp apparently reckons Vegas would be a perfect shipmate for his character Captain Jack Sparrow. The actor tipped them off about the English comedian after working with him on new costume drama "The Libertine".

Depp says "We need even more of a comic element in the next two movies and I think Johnny would be great. He could play the first mate. I'm sure he will be up for it".

Thanks to Dark Horizons for the tip.

HA that batman thing is great, HOLY **** ITS BATMAN! lol thats funny

Updates:

The Devil's Rejects - pushed back next year (TBA 2005)

"Added to Sequel listing"!!!....Herbie: Fully Loaded (June 3, 2005)

This time around, the classic white Volkswagen has a knack for helping couples hook up, and finds itself in the world of NASCAR racing. The film stars Lindsay Lohan, Michael Keaton and Matt Dillon

Update:

Fox Plans Sandlot sequel

The following is from Video Buisness Online.

It has been more than a decade since the original, but 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment thinks it can score a home run with its 2005 DVD premiere movie The Sandlot 2.

This is the first project for Tom Siegrist since signing on as VP production at Fox in February. Sandlot 2 is expected to street within the second quarter of next year.

Many of the key players from the baseball-themed The Sandlot, released theatrically in 1993, are returning for the sequel. Director David Mickey Evans and stars James Earl Jones and Karen Allen (Raiders of the Lost Ark) are back. Fresh additions include former Ally McBeal cast member Greg Germann.

After grossing $35 million at the box office, The Sandlot has sold 7 million video units, 2 million of which have been since 1999.

"It was such a tremendous family movie," Siegrist said. "It was strongly remembered, and the audience is still looking for the same product."

At his previous post at Universal Studios Home Video, Siegrist worked on straight-to-video sequel Bring It On Again. Snagging $26 million since its January release, Bring It On Again ranks only behind Buena Vista Home Entertainment's The Lion King 1½ ($156 million) among top-selling video premieres this year.

"It's a tough market to get a good feel for," said Rich Wilde, video marketing manager for Texas-based Hastings chain. "But definitely the family titles are going to play better."

Siegrist declined to discuss specific costs but said Sandlot 2 has been budgeted at a "mid-level range" compared to his various DVD premiere projects. He hopes to launch four to six video premieres a year.

The division also will look out for theatrical financing opportunities. It is currently behind The Incident of Loch Ness, a mockumentary, which will have a limited release in 10 cities later this fall.

thanks for the news on the sandlot...i have only seen bits and pieces of that film...but it looked cute...i'll have to sit down one day and watch the whole thing...they show it all the time on cable....