Movies You Anticipated To Be Good That Turned Out To Be Disappointing

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Wolf Creek - nothing here that Psycho or Texas Chainsaw Massacre didn't already do, except more annoying.

Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy - good book, bad movie.

The Fisher King - after watching Brazil and 12 Monkeys I expected something better.

E.T. - nuff said.

The most disappointing experience I've had was when I went to see The Village on opening night...

It was the first time I realized that M. Night's movies were being falsely advertised...the second example of this would be Lady in the Water.

Don't get me wrong, I like these movies...but man was I pissed when I saw the Village for the first time.

"I am."

SAW III was a major disappointment. I wasn't expecting anything special, but this film was a major dropoff from the first two films which I thoroughly enjoyed. I guess because Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs were so great, Kill Bill Vol.1 was a bit disappointing, but Vol. 2 was top notch and classic Tarantino.

fbi
superman returns. major disappointment. How can singer go wrong with this? john williams music, reeve lookalike( bad acting though), superior special effects and a huge budget.

This was a rip off of the donner version which was far superior. I watch the reeve ones over and over and they are still good.

Even though singer copied the donner one, it was still bad. Slow pointless storyline, bad acting from the lead, lack of energy in the action sequences etc.

awful stuff. I personally think bryan singer is overrated anyway.

the Grudge 2

it looked good on the trailer, but it sucked crap

it started out good , then i got so u couldnt make any sense of it

fbi
first grudeg was crap anyway. Didnt bother with 2. Might borrow it from cousin though. Its free.

Matrix Reloaded was disappointing.

But my pick for most disappointing is The Lost World: Jurassic Park. I loved both books and the first movie. But the sequel just blew chunks IMO.

I have to return some videotapes.
Fully agree with the Matrix Reloaded...that was painful after awhile. But my first movie that comes to mind is Waterworld...man what a complete waste of money that project was.