What is your favorite/least from the Halloween series?

Tools    

Duplicate Account (locked)
I saw the original in theatres a few years ago, and i bought the 1995 "curse of michael myers" version for vhs from a store recently. There are so many halloween movies: what are your opinions?

There is only one.

Favorite is easily the original.

Least favorite is probably Part 6 (Curse of Michael Myers), but to be fair, I haven't seen most of the sequels in recent years.

I also haven't seen Resurrection or the 2018 one.

As for least, I don't know where to begin. Probably any of the ones which, for some reason, came out in the summer.

As for least, I don't know where to begin. Probably any of the ones which, for some reason, came out in the summer.
Nothing wrong with a little pre-gaming.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
The original 1978 version is my favorite. I loved that spooky music. The 1995 Curse of Michael Myers is my least favorite. I liked Rob Zombies 2007 remake, although I didn't care for its sequel. I'm probably one of the few people who liked Halloween 4 and 5; and although I liked Halloween H20, I didn't care for its sequel.

Nothing wrong with a little pre-gaming.
I bet they were already available on home video by Halloween anyway.

I bet they were already available on home video by Halloween anyway.
Perfect timing.

The trick is not minding
The original and the second one are tops for me, which I know I’m in the minority as enjoying the sequel.
After that, there’s a sharp drop off in quality. I don’t think I really enjoyed another until the most recent reboot, which was ok, although certainly not as great as some made it out to be.

Season of the Witch I found the most enjoyable recently.

It could have used more Busta Rhymes kung fu if we're all being serious here.

I actually disagree with the notion that Halloween drops in quality...it's always been a bit of a rollercoaster ride

1. Halloween (1978)
  2. Halloween IV (1988)
  3. Halloween (2018)
  4. Halloween H20 (1998)
  5. Halloween II(1981)
  6. Halloween III (1982)
  7. Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers (PC)
  8. Halloween (2007)
  9. Halloween VI(1995)
  10. Halloween II (2009)
  11. Halloween Resurrection (2002)
  12. Halloween V (1989)

Duplicate Account (locked)
I actually disagree with the notion that Halloween drops in quality...it's always been a bit of a rollercoaster ride

1. Halloween (1978)
  2. Halloween IV (1988)
  3. Halloween (2018)
  4. Halloween H20 (1998)
  5. Halloween II(1981)
  6. Halloween III (1982)
  7. Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers (PC)
  8. Halloween (2007)
  9. Halloween VI(1995)
  10. Halloween II (2009)
  11. Halloween Resurrection (2002)
  12. Halloween V (1989)

what a thorough review

The original is by far the best and H20 was short but well made. Part 2 (1981) is also pretty reasonable. I do have a lot of time for part 3 which was a total stand alone idea and now a cult film.

I know up to Halloween Resurrection (1-8) pretty well but most of the sequels are substandard. Although he put his own stamp on Halloween I do despise the Rob Zombie made movies and the latest efforts I am having trouble getting motivated for. I’m sure Halloween films will continue to be made for decades.

Victim of The Night
Hmmm... Well, for many years Halloween was my favorite horror movie and maybe my second favorite movie overall.
I have not had much patience for the films that were made from the late 80s to the early 2000s. Oddly, I did not mind the one with Paul Rudd all that much because after IV and V, I felt like the ship had sailed and I was willing to just go along with this whole cult thing and accept that they were just churning out whatever and it could still be a fun diversion. Could not say the same for Resurrection and, honestly, I didn't care much for H20 before it, either. I was extremely, and I mean extremely excited for Zombie's remake and was extremely disappointed but I really liked his sequel despite some issues. The recent Halloween from 2018 was a pretty mixed bag for me with some hits and a number of misses.
Guess I would rank them something like this:

Halloween ('78)
Halloween II ('81)
Halloween III: Season Of The Witch
Halloween II (Zombie Version)
Halloween ('18)
Halloween VI: The Curse Of Michael Meyers
Halloween H20 and Halloween (Zombie Version), a tie
Halloween IV and Halloween V (interchangeable for me)
Halloween: Resurrection

Yeah, that looks about right to me.

Welcome to the human race...
Haven't watched them all since the 2018 one dropped (may revisit them before Halloween Kills), but at a guess I'd say...

III
II
H20
II (2009)
Resurrection
Curse

The first one is the best by quite a margin, although I do like the 1981 sequel. The rest kind of gel together into one pack below the first two films.

what a thorough review
Okay

Halloween is a good series in might be the best of the Horror series

The first Halloween(1978) is perfect, it's got a nightmare quality to it that other slashers tend to avoid. You always get a passage of time but for the original you have a build up and then the Boogie Man chasing you. It's simple it's beautiful and it works so well.

Halloween IV Return of Michael Myers (1988) might be the film of the series I enjoy the most. The juxtaposition between the community hunting for Michael Myers and the bunker down keep Michael from getting to Jamie. We then have the best ending of the series.

Now Halloween V The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989) is at the bottom of my list because even though I dig the ending they just disguard what happened at IV. Also you had humor...now Halloween (2018) was able to blend in humor but it was situational it didn't feel tacked on.

Halloween Resurrection(2002) gets a bad wrap is it a bad film sure but the Asylum scene which is the first third of the film is pretty solid enough for me to rank it ahead of V but below II.

Rob Zombie's sequel Halloween II (2009) is a pretentious weird bad film, but of the terrible three Halloween films it's the best of the bunch. Say what you want about Zombie his aesthetic is still amazing...it might be the best looking Halloween film after the original but the story was a mess and didn't work.

Halloween (2018), and H20(1998) are both solid reboots of the genre. They take a very nice concept..H20 based on the Scream phenom and 2018 based on the nostalgia IP movement. With both serving their purposes...do I enjoy them more than IV and (1978)...no not really. But still solid films that embrace the mythos while still innovating portions of it. Those two films are a step above the three average ones.

The Producers Cut of Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers (1995) is a competently made conclusion to the series. It keeps the stronger aspects of the released version and tidy's it up a bit. Jamie didn't really get her due but Paul Rudd is a solid figure and Loomis's farewell is better in this version.

Halloween II (1981), and Halloween III (1982) are good for what they are. The 81 version is a solid little slasher film though Fritt Vilt which is basically a Norwegian remake of the series does do a better job with the hospital setting. III is cool but it just feels like it could have been more, solid visuals and a cool concept it just didn't come together for me to love it.