Wooley's Horror/Thriller/Sci-Fi/Fantasy Screen-Cap Game

Tools    

Victim of The Night
As I mentioned to some of the Horrorcrammers, I found that I still have some screen-caps left in my imgur pages that we could have some fun with. Fifteen years or so ago, I enjoyed making screen-cap games for my fellow RTers and they seemed to enjoy them too.
So I thought we'd give it a spin.

I will do a few rounds of, let's say 8 images each. The intention is for all participants to have a crack at all images. Sooo... Answers are to be PM'd to me. I repeat, ANSWERS ARE TO BE PM'D TO ME. Please do NOT reply in the thread!
Feel free however to banter about the images or whatever within the thread, as long as your banter doesn't give anything away. Please be respectful of other participants.
Most images will be worth ONE point but I may assign additional points for certain images. This may be due to obscurity but may also just be due to my fondness for the film or the image. I will tally everyone's points and post them to a leaderboard at the top of the thread.
The rounds will not close until I declare the game ending. Everyone will have plenty of time to join the game late and fully participate or suddenly realize a week later what the image is and get credit. I will declare the final round as I run out of images (I imagine in about 5 rounds). At that time I will give a deadline as to when the last answers can be accepted.

I do these a little differently than others. My point here is not to be obscure. Some of these will be extremely easy. Most, I imagine, will be at least reasonably challenging for participants as a whole, either due to the obscurity of the film or the shot. I'm sure some will be very difficult but because I know what they are it's not always easy for me to tell which. I expect most participants to get between 3 and 6 of each round, to give some idea. Some will do better, I'm sure. Some may find these too obscure.

Again, please only PM the answers and do not answer in the thread.

Leaderboard

Holden Pike - 200
Takoma11 - 156
Captain Terror - 135
Rockatansky - 125
crumbsroom - 104
Torgo - 98
Sedai - 80
Hey Fredrick - 52
SpelingError - 44
Thief - 33
Wyldesyde19 - 26
ThatDarnMKS - 7
kgaard - 6
Jinnistan - 4
mark f - 4
StuSmallz - 2
KeyserCorleone - 1

Victim of The Night
(1 point)

(2 points)

(1 point)

(1 point)

(1 point)

(1 point)

(1 point)

(3 points)

I'm on the board!
Admittedly, I'm still a horror noob despite rubbing shoulders with all of you, but as the rabbit said in Tomorrow I'll Be Brave, "it doesn't matter if I win as long as I have fun."

Victim of The Night
I'm on the board!
Admittedly, I'm still a horror noob despite rubbing shoulders with all of you, but as the rabbit said in Tomorrow I'll Be Brave, "it doesn't matter if I win as long as I have fun."
That's the spirit. And we have a long way to go.

I recognized 1 & 6, but not because I've seen them yet... I've just seen those caps posted elsewhere online. I do really want to see both of 'em, though!

Victim of The Night
I recognized 1 & 6, but not because I've seen them yet... I've just seen those caps posted elsewhere online. I do really want to see both of 'em, though!

You should see both.
No.6 is a movie I struggled with when it ended but the more I thought about it and the more I discussed it, the more I thought it was actually pretty damn good.

A system of cells interlinked
Since this is a proper game, I think we will end up moving the thread over to the games section. I just want to touch base with Wooley before I move it, and I will put a redirect up for a few days to make sure people can find it.

Victim of The Night
Since this is a proper game, I think we will end up moving the thread over to the games section. I just want to touch base with Wooley before I move it, and I will put a redirect up for a few days to make sure people can find it.
Yeah, I didn't actually know there was a Games forum, I've only ever been on this one, my hotlink takes me right here.
No worries, whatever is appropriate for the forum.

Yeah, I didn't actually know there was a Games forum, I've only ever been on this one, my hotlink takes me right here.
No worries, whatever is appropriate for the forum.
Oh! There is so much more MoFo fun to be had!

Click on the film reel graphic at the top of the page to get to the main forum index page, btw.

I will move this thread, leaving a redirect in this forum for a bit.

Can you make the thread password-protected? And not give the password to Rock? Thanks.
Perhaps we can make this a forum-wide rule of thumb?

*Hides*

I would not have known this was a game until I happened upon your post, it might have been because the OP put his/her name in the thread title, it's a bit confusing that was as it looks like a personal thread and not a game thread open to all.

I would not have known this was a game until I happened upon your post, it might have been because the OP put his/her name in the thread title, it's a bit confusing that was as it looks like a personal thread and not a game thread open to all.
It does say "game" right there in the thread title...

Sent a couple of guesses. Sure about the first one, not so much about the second one.

Victim of The Night
Sent a couple of guesses. Sure about the first one, not so much about the second one.
Correct on both counts.