Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Tools    

I must have seen Beastmaster at some point....have I seen Beastmaster?

Have I seen Beastmaster?????

*smashes beer stein over head*

Come to think of it, I don't believe I have ever seen Beastmaster.
Well, if you ever find yourself in my part of the woods and I’ve moved back into my home, just know... I own it in 4k. This isn’t an invitation. Just know that I own it and will have watched it in high quality in the near vicinity of wherever you found yourself.

I assume MKS knows, but they got a sale going on right now.

They're the only label I can think of right now that's really doing the hard work of digging up obscure, underseen films. The other great labels seem to be resting on their laurels in this respect to an extent. Won't quibble with the quality of Criterion's releases, but when's the last time they put out something really surprising?

They're the only label I can think of right now that's really doing the hard work of digging up obscure, underseen films. The other great labels seem to be resting on their laurels in this respect to an extent. Won't quibble with the quality of Criterion's releases, but when's the last time they put out something really surprising?

When did Wanda come out? That was a rare one that I really knew nothing of beforehand.

But, generally, yeah. Its been a while since they dug up something out of the blue, or even championed a neglected film from an established director. At least off the top of my head.

When did Wanda come out? That was a rare one that I really knew nothing of beforehand.

But, generally, yeah. Its been a while since they dug up something out of the blue, or even championed a neglected film from an established director. At least off the top of my head.
Don't come at me with examples.*

Just buy! BUY! SPEND!

I prefaced this with my purchasing Beastmaster and that garbage Crummy told me to watch. Pay. Attention. Fool!

And are you challenging me to go back into their catalogue to drop examples in defense of Criterion??? *loads Scorsese’s World Cinema Project into the chamber*

I prefaced this with my purchasing Beastmaster and that garbage Crummy told me to watch. Pay. Attention. Fool!

And are you challenging me to go back into their catalogue to drop examples in defense of Criterion??? *loads Scorsese’s World Cinema Project into the chamber*
I already said I don't want to hear arguments to the contrary.*

*handwaves*

I already said I don't want to hear arguments to the contrary.*

*handwaves*
*places the Satisfyin’ Works of Marlon Riggs to the back of Rock’s head*

Tell me about the rabbits.

*places the Satisfyin’ Works of Marlon Riggs to the back of Rock’s head*

Tell me about the rabbits.
Fiiiiiine. I will grant you this, although I was vaguely aware of Tongues United earlier.

Whatcha end up getting?

If he didn't get Grandmother's House and only got that dumb piece of junk Night Train to Terror, he's really going to be kicking himself.
Thank God this is on Tubi, nearly went back and added another title to my haul.

Victim of The Night
I must have seen Beastmaster at some point....have I seen Beastmaster?

Have I seen Beastmaster?????

*smashes beer stein over head*

Come to think of it, I don't believe I have ever seen Beastmaster.
Dude.

Thank God this is on Tubi, nearly went back and added another title to my haul.

M. Night should have taken notes from it when making The Visit. Then maybe he could have contributed more to culture than just some diaper face.

Please tell me one of the ones in your haul was The Naughty Victorians.
*********, I'm going back and revising the haul.

*bids tearful farewell to life savings*

I was going to post a lengthy scathing rebuttal until I realized I was actually thinking of the film Night Train Murders. Please accept my preemptive apology.

And watch Beastmaster. It has Rip Thorn in a crimson toga, and bondage-masked minions controlled by bright green slimy parasites. I try to speak the native tongue.

Also, I don't remember it getting any less confusing as it went along. I think the editing became less elliptical (the first segment is really painful to try to track from shot to shot), but it feels like the doors to bad movie hell blow off in the last half hour, even if it doesn't seem as technically incomprehensible.
I think my problem was that after two chopped to hell segments that felt like a lunatic version of a greatest hits comp, the last one not only lets you get a proper feel for the story beats but actually seems to be edited like a real segment in an anthology film, rather than something that's been fed through the shredder.

I was going to post a lengthy scathing rebuttal until I realized I was actually thinking of the film Night Train Murders. Please accept my preemptive apology.

Proceed, since I like that one a lot too. Maybe sixth greatest movie of all time.

I think my problem was that after two chopped to hell segments that felt like a lunatic version of a greatest hits comp, the last one not only lets you get a proper feel for the story beats but actually seems to be edited like a real segment in an anthology film, rather than something that's been fed through the shredder.

I had so completely given up trying to follow what was happening by the third installment, so I just continued to let it wash over me and not waste time trying to decipher plot points. Which, is kind of what I do all the time anyways, but I like it when a movie clearly gives me a license to not pay close attention. As a result, I have zero clue what was happening in that final chapter, even if I could tell it wasn't nearly as nonsensical.