What Is Your Favorite George Lucas Movie?

Tools    

Which George Lucas film is your favorite?

George Lucas
THX 1138 (1971)
American Graffiti (1973)
Star Wars (1977)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Better question: who can still think of George Lucas without throwing up, at least a little, right in your own mouth?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Yoda
Another good question: why are Episodes V and VI not on this list, particularly when Episode V is widely hailed as the best of the series?
Georgie didn't direct 'em.

Irvin Kershner (Never Say Never Again, Eyes of Laura Mars) directed Empire Strikes Back and Richard Marquand (Eye of the Needle, Jagged Edge) directed Return of the Jedi. Lucas has only directed those six films listed. Lots and lots of producing, some writing, he is a brand name in cinema, but not on the back of much actual directing. He was an Oscar-nominated director for two of his first three films, but after that....

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) I watched this film on my birthday, and have never felt so excited at the cinema.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Even though Lucas didn't actually direct V and VI, you bet your ass he was standing behind their shoulders saying Yes and No every 5 seconds.

Suspect's Reviews

Now, just exactly what do we classify as a George Lucas movie?

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) Writer, Producer, Editor (a little of each)
The Empire Strikes Back (1980) Writer, Producer, Editor (a little of each)
Star Wars (1977) Director, Writer, all around Big Dog on the set.
Willow (1988) Writer, Producer (little bit)

Lucas’ big contribution is ILM and giving the industry the vision of what movies could be, if you dump enough cash into the process.

I am still waiting for George to make his masterpiece. He should do Hannibal (the Carthaginian).

Which George Lucas film is your favorite?

George Lucas
THX 1138 (1971)
American Graffiti (1973)
Star Wars (1977)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)

I think you named all the films he directed, didn't you...

A system of cells interlinked
Yes, he was listing the films from which to chose from... All the films Directed by Lucas.

You ready? You look ready.
Even though Lucas didn't actually direct V and VI, you bet your ass he was standing behind their shoulders saying Yes and No every 5 seconds.
Not really, actually. At least, I wouldn't buy that. One, he's said many times before in interviews that he washed his hands of the onset production because it was too demanding. Two, I don't see himself putting himself in that position because of the health strain he experienced making the 4th one. Finally, there's no way the 5th one would have been as awesome as it was if good old George had his way.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

We've gone on holiday by mistake
This Documentary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nevertellme...m_documentary/

From a directing standpoint it will always be American Graffiti for me. Though I think his then-wife Marcia Lucas' skills an editor on both Graffiti and Star Wars (1977) is probably a very key and too often overlooked ingredient to the success of those films, especially when compared to the prequels.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
He was very hands on in a lot of the films he produced. He’d either help with editing, writing, second unit, co directing, pretty sure he directed some scenes on Return Of The Jedi and Temple Of Doom (The former due to Irvin Kirschner being crazy at times and bullying cast members). I’d go with American Grafitti. I have a love for classic cars and it is a entertaining film.