The Best (and Worst) Movies of 2005!

Tools    

I was a huge fan of Green Street Hooligans, most likely cus I'm a really big soccer fan - but its good regardless. I think its even coming out on DVD soon, keep an eye out for it.

2005 was an amazing year, it's tough to rank the best, and all too easy to rank the worst.

BEST OF 2005:
The Devil's Rejects
Sin City
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Walk the Line
Crash
The 40 Year-Old Virgin
Domino
Cinderella Man
Wedding Crashers
A History of Violence
The Ice Harvest
Lord of War
Serenity
Four Brothers
Land of the Dead
The Weather Man
Just Like Heaven
Batman Begins
Wolf Creek
Kung Fu Hustle
Saw 2
Melinda and Melinda
The World's Fastest Indian
Constantine
Just Friends
Good Night and Good Luck
Capote

THE WORST:
Cursed
Venom
Bewitched
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
War of the Worlds
Cry_Wolf
Dark Water
Cheaper by the Dozen 2
Yours Mine and Ours
Get Rich or Die Tryin
Racing Stripes
Red Eye
The Island
The Cave
Into the Blue
Flightplan
The Perfect Man
In the Mix
.....my God there was a lot of crap as well. Can anyone smell that?

Kingdom Of Heaven Wasnt As Bad As, I Thought It Would Be, Yes I Believe Many Things Could Have Been Different, But My Opinion Kingdom Of Heaven Was A Decent Film Despite Long Dialogues

The Island was not a bad movie, I liked it very much...Mr. and Mrs. Smith deserves to be on the worst list, but not The Island

Sin City is my favorite for the year 2005
Meanwhile Herbie fully loaded was the worst!

Level 2 : Farmer
Top 5 Worst movies that I watched in the theatre of 2005

5. saw2 - I was really looking forward to this becuase I enjoyed the first one so much, paid my 10.50 and almost slit my wrist half way through it.

4. kingdom of heaven - I watched this movie twice!! The first time I watched, I could not understand it so thats why I thought I could not enjoy it. So I decided to watch it again and oh my god what the hell was I thinking, now I realize why I did not enjoy it the first time, because it is a big steaming pile of crap.

3. king kong - "The big blockbuster of the year" first of all this movie was much too long for a movie that did not leave you wanting to finish it. It was not entertaining at all!!

2. night watch - Another movie I was really looking forward to watching, after the first 20 minutes I knew that it was going on my all time worst list of movies. I guess you could just say that is " too geeky". I dont mean to offend anyone out here that liked it either, just my opinion remember.

1. war of the worlds - Steven Spielberg and Tom Crusie, seemed like a good combination at first untill the movie started. The commercial for the movie looked pretty cool, looked fun to watch. But it was just too stupid, not enough action for an "action" movie, I mean Independence day is much better than this. What is with the ending?? Was steven really tired while writing the ending or just was he drinking too much sake.

Top 5 Best

5. batman begins - Definitely the best batman movie in the series and also the best comic book turned movie that has been made to date aswell.

4. crash - It didnt win all those oscars for nothing.

3. sin city - fun fun fun!

2. the matador - I like it.

1. kiss kiss bang bang - I love it.

So there is my best and worst of 2005. It seems like the worst movies we can talk about how horrible they are while the best movies can be summed up in just a couple of words.

Wuv,tru wuv will forrow you forevah
Worst
1. The Dukes Of Hazard
2. The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
3. Bewitched
4. The Family Stone
5. White Noise
6. Flightplan
7. Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
8. Constantine
9. Mr. & Mrs. Smith
10. The Brothers Grimm

Best
1. The Chronicles Of Narnia
2. Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
3. The Squid And The Whale
4. The New World
5. Sin City
6. March Of The Penguins
7. Broken Flowers
8. Pride & Prejudice
9. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
10. King Kong

Originally Posted by self-destructive
Best
4. V For Vendetta
V for Vendetta was released in March of this year.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Wuv,tru wuv will forrow you forevah
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
V for Vendetta was released in March of this year.
Oops my bad

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Maybe I'll make a whole list later, but my favourite films of 2005 were Walk the Line, Serenity, King Kong, and Sin City.

Also, I'd put Batman Begins on both my best and worst lists. Best cause it's a good film with a good plot and acting, worst because it takes itself much too seriously and removes a lot of the fun from the premise of Batman. I mean its a guy dressed up as a bat, it needn't be Shakespeare.

Worst: House Of Wax, Alone In The Dark, The Dukes Of Hazzard, Hide And Seek, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Batman Begins, Fantastic Four, Aeon Flux, The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, The Skelton Key

Best: Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire, King Kong, Pride And Prejudice, The New World, Hooligans, The Squid And The Whale, Match Point, Sin City, Corpse Bride, The Jacket

Why Then on IMDB is V for Vendetta listed as a 2005 release.

Originally Posted by Lil Smurf
Why Then on IMDB is V for Vendetta listed as a 2005 release.
The Internet Movie Database is a tool. Every piece of information listed isn't necessarily 100% accurate.

V for Vendetta was orginally projected for release at the end of 2005. That was ultimately pushed back, though it did premiere at a minor film festival in December of 2005. However it wasn't released proper until March of 2006. As far as awards qualification and such, it is a 2006 film. That the IMDb hasn't changed that on their page doesn't rewrite history. They still have Paul Haggis' Crash listed as a 2004 release since that's when it was completed at premiered at the Toronto Film Festival, though it didn't receive distribution and qualify for awards until 2005, winning it's Oscars in 2006. You follow me?

Best:
Match Point
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
Sin City
King Kong
Revenge of the Sith

To many bad ones

Random question...anyone know a site to download movie clips? I'm making a slideshow and incorporating movies, old and new. I have no idea where to get random movie clips.
Thanx!

I watched Ong Bak last year, and loved it. And i believe The Protector (Tony Jaa again) came out last year, and is finally making its way to the U.S. this month Sept. 8th, actually...wow, 6 days, awesome. Anyway, i could the trailer on apple.com, looks great! Here's the link for those that have HD; http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinst...tor/trailer1r/

Originally Posted by Everett
Choose your top 10 BEST and WORST movies of the YEAR!

And you can also make honorable mentions!

-

I have seen 40 movies this year.
Some I'm glad I've seen, and some I wish I haven't.

Either way, I saw them, and I have come to tell the list of my best and worst movies of the year, and you can do the same
(Yes thats right, I have nothing to do, so I'm going to type all of this, hopefully someone reads all of it and enjoys it )

There's some movies I wish I got to see but I never got to
For instance, I didn't see 'Just Friends", "Shopgirl", "Weather Man", "Chumbscrubber" "Thumbsucker", "Walk the Line", and "The Family Stone" (I may get to see the last one this week, but not totally sure)

So up next, the worst movies I've seen, and the Best is right after
(and the reasons they're so bad and SO good)

THE TOP 10 WORST
10: Elektra
I was hoping it would be good as DareDevil, but it wasn't, so its my number 10 pick.
Jennifer Garner is hot, and she saved the movie from being complete total crap. But hotness can never save a movie that doesn't have enough things to do.
The effects were decent, and some of it interesting, but it was missing a lot of things. First off, spirit, and freedom. The movie really never lifted off the ground.
And lets just say it
They killed the villains off too quick
and that was another problem
It's just not that enjoyable of a movie.
Although Jennifer Garner is still pretty...

9: Sahara
Now, this wasn't neccessarily a terrible film. But...it was just way too long.
It felt boring at times.
Sure, it had some decent action sequences, but that didn't pay off for the rest of the film, which either had annoying Steve Zahn talking nonsense, or Matthew McCoughney talking nonsense with a dumb accent...or both of them doing it at the same time.

8: Robots
Disappointing. Sure, there were some funny parts, but they were few and far between.
That's about all I have to say.
The only last thing I'll say is that Robin Williams is becoming involved in crap pictures, just look at his next one, "RV"

7: Chicken Little
Don't get me wrong.
I love computer-animated movies (The Incredibles, Monsters Inc..)
I also love Zach Braff.
But this was a swing and a miss.
Sure it did a good job at the box office
but that doesn't neccessarily mean its a good movie (case in point: Cat in the Hat, XXX)
It had few funny moments, but a lot of moments (a LOT) were cringe-inducing.
Sorry, but Disney TRULY does need Pixar

6: The FOG
It had a small amount of scare moments (like the sink scene, yes thats right, I jumped), and it also had good effects.
But it was just STUPID.
Honestly.
And the ending just stuck another nail into the coffin.
It was pretty much crappy.
Run away, or the CRAP will get you!

5: Cursed
Terrible.
I will never forget the sight of a werewolf flipping me off..

4: Boogeyman
Dreadful.
I shut this crap off.

3: Land of the Dead
Even worse.
I couldn't help but notice all these top 5 are so far horror movies.
Sorry, but I didn't enjoy it at all.

2: Doom
Ugh.

and number ONE is...
Highlight to see

1: Kingdom of Heaven
Want to know why?

SPOILERS! (Although I truly don't recommend for you to see it anyway but...) They spend 2 hours and a half fighting for what they want and then Orlando Bloom just gives it up!
WHAT KIND OF CRAPPY MOVIE IS THAT???
HONESTLY! Can a movie be anymore of a waste of time??
And don't even get me started on the 2 wimpy battle sequences...

-------------

THE MIDDLE
Neither good, nor bad.
Just...average

Madagascar
Herbie

A BIT BETTER
Dukes of Hazzard
Fantastic Four

A BIT BETTER THAN A BIT BETTER
Sky High
The Longest Yard
Star Wars Episode III

-------------------------
Now that we're done with the middle, it's time for...

THE TOP 10 BEST MOVIES OF THE YEAR

10: Flightplan
Totally riveting. Very exciting.
I don't know why some people didn't like this. I found it to be very fun and thrilling.
And Jodie Foster kicks ass!

9: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
I love Johnny Depp's performance. It is quirky, and I love quirky.
I love how everything was done.
I plain out love this movie.

8: Constantine
Wow.
Awesome movie.
Good performances. Great story.
Constantine is seriously the definition of cool.
How cool would it be to fight demons?
Watch this, and see....

7: Serenity
Truly overlooked.
I just rented this and saw it last night.
It's amazing how much you care what happens to the characters.
You care for the whole crew of Serenity (except for that one jerk.....actually, I kind of care for him too, but not as much as the others)
And the action is pretty darn swell.
And the humor is there, and it is hilarious.
And Nathan Fillion is cool.
Right up there with John Constantine.

6: Mr and Mrs Smith
And this, my friends, is what you call a very fun action romantic dark comedy.
It is hilarious, but it is action-packed, and it is also romantic, but it is quite dark when you think about it.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie honestly have amazing chemistry (hm, I wonder why) and they handle the humor and action and romance really well.
One of the most fun movies you can watch. EVER.

5: In Good Company
Did this come out very late last year, or this year?
Ah who gives a crap, I saw it this year when it expanded in January.
I love this movie.
It is smart, funny, romantic, dramatic, and moving.
The soundtrack is amazing, its where I figured out one of my favorite bands Iron and Wine (yes thats right, I saw Garden State AFTER this).
It is a very good movie.
Topher Grace actually plays a different character from 70s show, you care for Dennis Quaid, and you fall in love with the cuteness and beauty and talent that is Scarlett Johannsson.

4: War of the Worlds
Tom Cruise. Kicks. Ass.
But only in movies (hes pretty dumb outside of them)
This has truly shocking and blinding special effects, and it has incredible dramatic scenes.
It is a VERY good movie.

but not as good as...

3: Batman BEGINS
Love it.
Love love love love it.
A great performance by Christian Bale, as he makes Batman super cool, and you actually don't mind AT ALL when hes on screen (as usually, in the old batman movies, I liked the villains more, and Batman was boring)
But that doesn't mean the villains still don't kick ass
CILLIAN MURPHY is a great discovery.
He is genuinely creepy and cool and chilling as Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow.
Other great performances include Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Tom Wilkinson and...umm, I could've done without Katie Holmes, I bet Rachel Weisz could've been better.
And this movie has a great and interesting story.
Oh YEAH! And there's action too!
And Cillian Murphy is wonderful!
By the way....what other movie did he star in this year?

2: RED EYE
I love it.
Sure, maybe a lot of people didn't like it as much as they loved Batman but oh well.
Maybe I got my listing wrong, but this movie is so cool.

First off, I am in love with Rachel McAdams.
She is so gorgeous and pretty and beautiful, and likeable and wonderful and glorious and talented.
Cillian Murphy is chilling, content, cool, insane, crazy, amazing, thrilling and awesome!
The two are now paired together to make an awesome thrilling movie.
It's short, but it is still effective.
And I didn't mind the third act, as some do, as I think it's very suspenseful and fun and thrilling.

Red Eye
IS
AWESOME!

And number 1 is....

1: KING KONG
Kong is King.
Naomi Watts is truly beauty.
Adrien Brody is pretty cool.
Jack Black is fine in this, I don't see why people pick on him. It wouldn't be a movie without him.
But who is better and more moving than all these people?

Kong.

Yes thats right.
You care for him.
You feel bad for him
You laugh with him.
And you almost cry for him.

And the special effects are so out of this world and breathtaking and shocking and awesome, that you truly HAVE to see this movie on a big screen.

It is a beautiful movie.

Please see it.

It is my favorite movie, of the YEAR!!!!!

-

Honorable Mentions:
FUN WITH DICK AND JANE
Zathura
Hostage
Kicking and Screaming
Corpse Bride
Wallace and Gromit
Fever Pitch
Sin City
Hide and Seek
&
Guess Who

-

I'll update later with why these are my honorable mentions, but for now..
I'm tired of typing

Have a Nice Day everyone!

hmmm....i goin to have to disagree with u on that one...King Kong was too long...it was boring...it wud be on my worse movie list...

also...Doom was good...Star Wars was good...and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory sucked balls...becuz that kid that played charlie does infact,,,suck balls

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
The Best... not an outstanding year for film overall, but there were definitely a few standouts.
The New World
Syriana
Grizzly Man
A History of Violence
Batman Begins

The Worst... I'm pretty good when it comes to avoiding crap and all the terrible films I did end up watching have since been repressed and tucked away in the darkest corners of my brain.

sin city was the best ....

the worst ? mmm i think it's cursed

MY TOP 10 OF 2005

10: THUMBSUCKER - Mike Mills

9: WALK THE LINE - James Mangold

8: MATCH POINT - Woody Allen

7: BROKEN FLOWERS - Jim Jarmusch

6: MUNICH - Steven Spielberg

5: CINDERELLA MAN - Ron Howard

4: CRASH - Paul Haggis

3: THE SQUID AND THE WHALE - Noah Baumbach

2: BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN - Ang Lee