3 Batman Begins
4 Sin City
5 Cinderella Man
6 Walk the Line
7 War of the Worlds
8 History of Violence
9 Star Wars III
10 Syriana

My honorable mentions are Shopgirl and The Family Stone. They probably deserve to be in the top 10 but they're chick flicks and I'm embarrassed to put them there.

The worst is tough for me because I almost always like something about a movie. Two movies that I hoped were better...

The Island
Fantastic Four
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm seeing Munich sometime this week, so after I catch that I'll give everyone my two cents.

Suspect's Reviews

A+
Sin City

A
King Kong
Batman Begins
A History of Violence
Crash
Broken Flowers
Shopgirl

A-
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Goodnight & Good Luck
Grizzly Man
Munich
Jarhead
Capote
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Revenge of the Sith
Syriana
Match Point
The Aristocrats
Brokeback Mountain
The Constant Gardner

B+

The Jacket
Kingdom of Heaven
The Weather Man
Walk the Line
Serenity

B
Melinda & Melinda
The Corpse Bride
Wedding Crashers
Murderball
Cinderella Man

B-
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
The Producers
The Island
Sahara
Elizabethtown
Land of the Dead

C+
Fun With Dick & Jane
The Chronicles of Narnia
Assault on Precinct 13

C
Fantastic 4
Hostage
Domino
The Transporter 2
Madagascar

C-
RENT
Haute Tension
Constantine

D+
Be Cool
The Ring 2

D
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

D-
Doom

F
The Devil's Rejects

Here to support the villians.......
Best:

10.Flightplan: why all the criticism? I enjoyed the film throughout, as usual Foster was simply magnificent and some solid performances from the supporting cast.

9. Serenity: great fun with some excellent one liners, proof that their is more to sci-fi than simply Star Wars.

8. The Producers: I had an absolute ball from start to finish, the script, the performances were all top notch and some moments had me in hysterics, one of the guiltiest pleasures of the year.

7. King Kong: So Kong wasn't quite King, but it was a pretty great film with plenty of magical moments and wonderful CGI, just a little too long, but hell it was exciting stuff.

6. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: Original and quirky in all the right places with some truly great acting and a brilliant script as always by Shane Black, a very good film to capture his return to the big screen, one of the most quotable films of the year.

5. Sin City: Plenty of violence, blood and very good acting, and Mickey Rourke's performance as Marv was truly outstanding.

4. Wedding Crashers: Laugh my head of throughtout, with Vaughn and Wilson making a wonderful comic pair with some great timing and Christopher Walken is as always great, funniest film of the year.

3. Star Wars Episode 3: A worthy finale to an unforgetable sci-fi saga, the battles were highly enthralling and the acting has come along as well, Lucas didn't let me down.

2. Crash: A highly provotice and moving film with an exceptional cast and script that packs a powerful punch, a wonderful film and a firm reminder that cinema isn't just about Blockbusters.

1. Batman Begins: I enjoyed every minute of the film, banishing all the memories of Batman and Robin, Batman was reborn with a major impact, dark and well written, Batman Begins was the most entertaining film of the year with a wonderful cast.

Worst
10. Wallace and Gromit The curse of the Were Rabbit: a major disappointment, not as comical as it could have been and missing some much needed British humour, yes it's cleverly made but lacking something special.

9.Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: sorry I know it has fans but I'm sadly not one and this film did not change my view on the Harry potter films. Badly edited, far too long and the acting failed to convince me once again.

8. Miss Congeniality 2 Armed and Fabulous: Huge fan of the first and Sandra Bullock is always watchable in my opinion but this is another lacklustre sequel low on laughs.

7. Guess Who: Unfunny tosh with Kutcher once again proving he just has no charm and very little comic timing.

6. Herbie: Fully Loaded: Lohan is bland, and the formula was just too predictable

5. Four Brothers- full of cliches and totally unoriginal in the end I just couldn't identify with any of the brothers and wanted the film to end.

4. Wedding Date- not nearly as funny as it thinks it is, and Debra Messing really couldn't carry the entire film.

3. Revolver- a complete mess from start to finish

2. Ocean's Twelve- awful sequel lacking any charm previously seen in Ocean's Eleven, not even Clooney could save this film.

1. Be Cool- just awful, completely ruined my memories of the wonderful Get Shorty, no jokes racist comments just utter tripe.

For God's sake don't watch "signs"
Wow...King Kong was in the best list of nearly everyone...can't you get enough of big gorilla living in prehistoric isle that go to new york, climb the empire state and die? I mean that's the most remade movie I ever seen...nah. The best of the year? well...batman begins I think was the better...but the worst...there's just too many contestants for this cattegory.
My avatar is the evil doctor whom tried to test if his dumbness potion he put in the water had worked. So he created a movie to defy the inteligence of the most lesser minded human beings he decided to call this movie "signs".

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by lucky_luke
Wow...King Kong was in the best list of nearly everyone...can't you get enough of big gorilla living in prehistoric isle that go to new york, climb the empire state and die? I mean that's the most remade movie I ever seen...nah. The best of the year? well...batman begins I think was the better...but the worst...there's just too many contestants for this cattegory.
Most remade film you have ever seen? Before Jackson's remake this year, it had a whopping total of one remake since the original in 1933... Also, the film isn't about climbing to the top of the Empire State Building (which, btw, did not happen in the '76 remake). The '76 remake was a different take on the story, and featured some side splittingly ridiculous moments (blow dry, anyone?). If there is a lame duck in the three versions, it would have to be the 76' version, and I believe Jackson wanted to return to the original spirit of the film, which focused more on the interaction between the gorilla and the dame, and less on the campy elements the middle film seemed to thrive on. So, really, before Jackson's remake, the story had been properly told once, and the 1933 version is looking a tad long in the tooth at this point in time.

The '76 version actually won an academy award for speacial effects, and I can't figure out what those people were smoking when they voted. By far some of the worst effects of the 70s, they help put this film into the Mystery Science Theater 3000 queue for me....

All the Kong meets Godzilla films certainly do NOT qualify as King Kong remakes...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by lucky_luke
There are more movies about Batman than there are about King Kong...

I'd have to go with my favorites being "Serenity", "Harry Potter", and "Sin City"....my least favorite was easily "Doom"

Originally Posted by Sedai
The '76 remake was a different take on the story, and featured some side splittingly ridiculous moments (blow dry, anyone?). If there is a lame duck in the three versions, it would have to be the 76' version, and I believe Jackson wanted to return to the original spirit of the film, which focused more on the interaction between the gorilla and the dame, and less on the campy elements the middle film seemed to thrive on. So, really, before Jackson's remake, the story had been properly told once, and the 1933 version is looking a tad long in the tooth at this point in time.
Actually, despite Jackson's numerous public bashings of the '76 flick, I think his film is closer in spirit to that one, rather than the original. The '33 version was purely a monster movie in the same tradition as Frankenstein or Dracula. Kong's female captor was repulsed by the behemoth and when the big fella finally took his tragic plunge, the cast was more relieved than bereaved. But in the '76 adaptation - the Jessica Lange character loves the brute. And their relationship, IMO, is a whole helluva lot more developed than in the first flick. Plus, the '76 version can be loads of fun. Just so long as you don't go in expecting an epic.

Originally Posted by Sedai
The '76 version actually won an academy award for speacial effects, and I can't figure out what those people were smoking when they voted. By far some of the worst effects of the 70s, they help put this film into the Mystery Science Theater 3000 queue for me....
Yeah, the guy in the gorilla suit didn't do it for me either. But bear in mind this is pre - Star Wars cinema.

Worst
10. Kingdom Of Heaven
9. Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
8. The Intrepreter
7. The Ring II
6. Mr. & Mrs. Smith
5. Bewitched
4. The Dukes Of Hazard
3. The Longest yard
2. Constantine
1. Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Best
10. The Skeleton Key
9. Flightplan
8. Cinderella man
7. War Of The Worlds
6. The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants
5. Pride & Prejudice
4.Wedding Crashers
3.Narnia
2.Brokeback Mountain
1. King Kong

Originally Posted by Lance McCool
Actually, despite Jackson's numerous public bashings of the '76 flick, I think his film is closer in spirit to that one, rather than the original. The '33 version was purely a monster movie in the same tradition as Frankenstein or Dracula. Kong's female captor was repulsed by the behemoth and when the big fella finally took his tragic plunge, the cast was more relieved than bereaved. But in the '76 adaptation - the Jessica Lange character loves the brute. And their relationship, IMO, is a whole helluva lot more developed than in the first flick. Plus, the '76 version can be loads of fun. Just so long as you don't go in expecting an epic.
That's true, and it's an interesting angle that I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on. The 1976 film, for all its flaws, has contributed a great deal to the Kong story. Ann's reciprocation of Kong's fascination gives the story a whole new meaning, and makes the finale all the more compelling.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Yoda
That's true, and it's an interesting angle that I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on. The 1976 film, for all its flaws, has contributed a great deal to the Kong story. Ann's reciprocation of Kong's fascination gives the story a whole new meaning, and makes the finale all the more compelling.
Hmmm, odd. I had remembered the '76 version as having a bunch of ham-handed "look at the might of the US" themes flying around (literally, and figuratively).

I also remembered a VERY lame scene with a blow dry for the damsel by the big ape himself....

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Movies I Have Yet To See That Could Make My List:

King Kong, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Captoe, Transamerica, Brokeback Mountain, Narnia, Wedding Crashers, Syriana, Harry Potter.

Movies of 2005 That Were Okay:

Family Stone, Guide To Galaxy, Chicken Little, Hostage, Transporter 2

Biggest Disappointments Of 2005:

Man With The Screaming Brain: I'm a huge Bruce fan and he let me down with this one. It is dull and not funny and my biggest disappointment of 05.

Inside Deep Throat: The first half was entertaining, then it becomes boring and useless.

Corpse Bride: Not enough of a story. It relied too much on it's visuals to entertain the audience. Abrupt ending and not really believable.

Flightplan: Non of this was believable. They would not let her run around on the plan going to the places she goes and the aisle on planes are not big enough to run around in.

Biggest Surprises Of 2005:

Sisterhod of the Travelling Pants: I thought I would have fallen asleep through this film, but it was enjoyable....maybe a little too enjoyable....

Sky High: I wasn't expecting much from the guy that gave us "Surviving Christmas", but here he plays off the material well and has fun with it.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith: I thought the whole brad and Angelina thing was going to ruin this film, it didn't. Smith is a fun action ride.

Worst Films of 2005.

10. Saw II
If not for the ending, this would have placed higher.

9. War of the Worlds
You all know how I feel about this one.

8. Inside Deep Throat
Loses it's momentum, then get's lost in it's own boring world.

7. House of Wax
Paris Hilton...No Thanks. If not for the ending scene with the house melting, this would have cracked the top 5.

6. Bewitched
Too cute and not funny. Kidman is annoying and ferell tries to hard to get laughs.

5. Man With The Screaming Brain.
Sad to see Bruce attached to this unfunny B movie comedy. It's just too boring and childish (in it's production).

4. Cry_Wolf
I liked it better when it was called April Fool's Day

3. American Pie: Band Camp
Seeing a kid do a bad stifler impersonation and his ass more then once, is not funny

2. Son of the Mask
Why have a sequel to a movie that was only big because of it's star.

1. Alone in the Dark
Uwe Boll...

Best Films Of 2005.

10. Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
The last film in an epic era. Ties in the trilogy well, disappointments aside, the film was the best of the prequels.

9. Lord of War
Cage gives a great performance. The guy is a dirtbag, yet we seem to like him. One of the best opening credit scenes ever.

8. Broken Flowers
Murray gives a good performance nd Jarmusch makes his best film to date.

7. The Devil's Rejects
Brutal horror and great carnage. One of the best endings ever filmed.

6. Batman Begins
Nolan and co manage to resurrect a dead franchise. With great results.

5. The 40 Year Old Virgin
The funniest movie in years. When they show you one of the funniest scenes of the movie in every trailer...and it's still funy, you've got a great comedy on your hands.

4. Jarhead
Not pro or con to the war, just the straight story from a soldier's view. Nods to Sarsgaars great performance.

3. Munich
Easily Spielberg's best film since Private Ryan. Great acting and one to make you think.

2. Serenity
Most entertaining movie of the year. It has action, romance, laughs, tears, and is smart.

1. Sin City
Brutal Violence, Sexy Women, Cool Characters, and Bloody Fun Entertainment. Along with Sky Captain, will chance cinema as we know it.

Thoughts?

Best of 2005

1- Batman Begins
2- Sin City
3- The Longest Yard
4- Four Brothers
5- King Kong
6- The Devils Rejects
7- Chronicles of Narnia
8- The 40 year old virgin.
9- Wedding Crashers
10- The island

Worst of 2005
1- Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo
2- The Cave
3- Land of the dead
4- Sharkboy and lava girl
5- Stealth
6- Skeleton Key
7- Wolf Creek
8- Saw 2
9- Band Camp
10- Doom

Surprises
- House of wax
- Dukes of hazzard
- Chronicles of Narnia

Dissapontments
- Doom
- Wolf Creek

Crash and A History Of Violence were my favorite. I recommend people seeing these.

White Noise, Dark Water, Hide and Seek, and The Ring II I thought were entertaining but were also horrible at the same time. There was no need for a Ring II, they should have ended it at the first one. Hide and Seek was lame and it got predictable not even half way through the movie. Dark Water was just dumb in my opinion, I found myself laughing at how rediculous it is...was this suppose to be a horror movie? White Noise was the better of the bad but that's not saying much....enough with the supernatural already! We are getting desensitized!

That is all I saw of the 2005 movies. (I think...I haven't seen many at all)

But I am excited about watching The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Amittyville Horror, Sin City and...*ducks*...Flightplan, oh and Walk The Line. But I am also worried I will be disappointed in these movies. I tend to get all excited and then the movie turns out to be crap (imo) or I find it boring.

I've now seen what I'm sure will be on my worst of 06 list...BloodRayne.

I couldn't help it. I needed something to tide me over til Underworld. With Kate and that marvelous black latex.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
1. Syriana
Stephen Gaghan wrote the best script of the year and it is just all around a knockout film.

2. Munich
Spielberg is all class here. Has all the emotional and visual punch of classic Speilberg with that same vintage sense of humor.

3. Batman Begins
Walking out of the theater, I thought it was just pretty cool, but rewatching Batman Begins several times recently I'm convinced it is the best superhero film ever. An action movie so good, so expertly constructed that it hurts.

4. Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
The best documentary of the year and a more unflinching portrayal of blind psychosis and the downfall of the human being than Grizzly Man.

5. The 40 Year Old Virgin
Best comedy in years. Pitch Perfect.

6. A Bittersweet Life
Easily the best picture to come out of Korea this year. Wonderful cinemtography, a gut wrenching story and some of the best acting of the year.

7. Murderball
Damned fine film. Almost brought me to tears.

8. A History of Violence
Cronenberg.

9. War of the Worlds
This is why I went to the movies as a kid. This is still why I go to the movies as an adult.

10. Green Street Hooligans
Old school, feel good.

Honorable Mention: Lord of War, Sin City, King Kong, Grizzly Man, Jarhead
Worst of the Year: Hostel, Thumbsucker
Dissapointments: Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Serenity
Best Direction: Steven Spielberg
Cinematography Ji-yong Kim for A Bittersweet Life

I didn't see very many movies in 2005... but of the ones I did see...

The Best:

Walk the Line
Batman Begins
Cinderella Man
Crash

Middle Ground:

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
Kingdom of Heaven
White Noise
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
The Legend of Zorro
The Brothers Grimm
The Skeleton Key
The Interpreter
Constantine
War of the Worlds

The Worst:

Bewitched
Miss Congeniality 2
The Pacifier
Assault on Precinct 13
Hide and Seek

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bad Morther****er
10 Best 0f 2005

1) Good Night and Good Luck
2) A History of Violence
3) Crash
4) Syriana
5) Sin City
6) King Kong
7) Thumbsucker
8) Wedding Crashers
9) Mad Hot Ballroom
10) Hustle and Flow

Worst

The Family Stone
Stealth
Sahara
Elektra
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith