2011 NHL Playoffs

Tools    

Any hockey fans here? Despite being born and raised in Florida I am a huge hockey nut. Been rooting for the Bruins my entire life. Bobby Orr was my childhood sports hero. He changed the defenseman position forever.

My Bruins smacked around Philly today in the first game of the conference semifinals. Thomas was solid between the pipes (best goalie this year) and our offense is starting to click.

Also root for the Lightning seeing they're a Florida team. Have been ever since they became a franchise in the early 90s. But when they play Boston my loyalty rides with the Bruins.

The Bolts beat the Crapitals last night in the first game of the conference semis. Stamkos is the man. That entire team is explosive offensively. Their biggest problem is they don't have a real good goalie.

Anyways, GO BRUINS!!!!!

Hockey whats that? No im kidding me and Lime are watching the game right now. Despite living in Vancouver all me and Lime care about is seeing the Canucks lose. Love the Sharks and Lightning for the final now that the Habs are out.

Love the Sharks and Lightning for the final now that the Habs are out.
Who knows what my Lightning will do. It's all up to their goaltending. It's their most suspect area.

And I don't think San Jose will get past the Red Wings, unfortunately. I will be pulling for them though.

So happy to see Nashville take out Vancouver in their own house.
Hell yeah! Rinne's amazing.

My prediction: Red Wings/Bruins final...watch it'll be Predators and Lightning knowing my predicting skills.

Philly doesn't know which subpar goaltender to play and Boston has Thomas having one of the best years ever for a goalie. Tampa or the Caps? Can't see either taking the Bruins in a deep series and I don't see the Bruins having another meltdown this year.

The Wings will regroup and and take five more games to finish the series and while I'd love to see the Schmucks bounced again in a second round series, they just have too much shooting power and Rinne can't save everything although nobody can say he doesn't try:

Mind you, get a couple past Luongo and he seems to break down. Money well spent.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

My prediction: Red Wings/Bruins final...watch it'll be Predators and Lightning knowing my predicting skills.
If I HAD to pick right now I'd go with (unfortunately) the Crapitals and the Red Wings playing for the Cup.

Philly doesn't know which subpar goaltender to play
Yeah, no crap. Boston put on a clinic against their goalie yesterday. They could have shot beach balls past him.

and Boston has Thomas having one of the best years ever for a goalie.
He sure is. He broke the NHLs record for best Save Percentage in the regular season. He also led the league in GAA.

I think he's going to win another Vezina. Hoping so anyways. He is a beast. And having a stud goalie deep in the playoffs is extremely vital. You don't see too many Stanley Cup winning teams with a mediocre goalie. That's why I don't see the Lightning going all the way despite having one of the best offenses in hockey. A great offense will only take you so far. In the end you need a Thomas-like player between the pipes if you want to hoist the big trophy.

You don't see too many Stanley Cup winning teams with a mediocre goalie. That's why I don't see the Lightning going all the way despite having one of the best offenses in hockey.
Oh yeah? Who was it that was in net for the Oilers a few years back when they had that improbable run to the finals only to just come up short, and which team does he play for now? I'll also add that Niemi is not one of the top tier goalies in the league and the Blackhawks won last year with him.

Thomas will win the Vezina. I'd bet all I have on it.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Hey HL and Oilers fans what do you know about Dustin Penner?

The Kings traded the bank for this guy and he didn't do jack.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Thats why they traded him.

You lose some, you Gretzky some.

Pocklington had bills to pay. We still went on to win a cup not too long after with Moose leading the way. Penner has skill and potential but not the drive.

That picture of the Sedins...it looks like they don't have the brain capacity to tie their own skates.

Dammit. The dirty Red Wings just pulled within 1 with 5 minutes to go.

Come on San Jose! They're playing very well right now. Niemi is doing a fantastic job in this game.

How about them Bruins? Take a 2-0 lead in the series.
Make that 3-0, but they've been here before in a series with Philly and that didn't turn out too well. Doubt that'll happen this year. And the Caps are gone in 4, the Lightning are looking dangerous. Bruins/Lightning conference final should be entertaining.

Looks like it's going to be a Bruins/Lightning Eastern Conference Finals. Should be a war. One of the best offenses in the league going up against the best goalie in the NHL. Should be fun.

And in the West I'm going with Vancouver and the Sharks. I hope Nashville wins but I just don't see it happening. I think they're just outclassed in the talent department. We'll see.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
And in the West I'm going with Vancouver and the Sharks. I hope Nashville wins but I just don't see it happening. I think they're just outclassed in the talent department. We'll see.
I hope Nashville wins as well, I just can't stand Vancouver! Plus it's always nice to see the team that beat your team, get bounced by someone else!

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Looks like it's going to be a Bruins/Lightning Eastern Conference Finals. Should be a war. One of the best offenses in the league going up against the best goalie in the NHL. Should be fun.
I'm ok with that, both teams are looking really good right now!