Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Tools    

I don't know Death Nurse 2. It's true. I think I may have heard of it before, but alas, I am ignorant beyond that.

I'm sure it was the cheap wine to blame. Maybe if the beer was cheap too, it could have taken some credit for appreciating half conscious rambling. But, as long as we have a place to come and enjoy disagreeing with eachother, we'll be good.
I need you to see Death Nurse 2. It’s actually the 4th film in the Criminally Insane franchise but it’s of the utmost importance that you don’t see those as part of DN2’s specific charm is the realization that at 56 mins, very little of this film is actually this film and he’s flashing back to previous entries which all cannibalized previous entries to hit their run time. So it becomes a kaleidoscope of VHS trash half stitched together into something that could very generously be called a movie.

The cheap wine did violent things to me but I will appreciate it for making this place just a little more homey.

I need you to see Death Nurse 2. It’s actually the 4th film in the Criminally Insane franchise but it’s of the utmost importance that you don’t see those as part of DN2’s specific charm is the realization that at 56 mins, very little of this film is actually this film and he’s flashing back to previous entries which all cannibalized previous entries to hit their run time. So it becomes a kaleidoscope of VHS trash half stitched together into something that could very generously be called a movie.

The cheap wine did violent things to me but I will appreciate it for making this place just a little more homey.

Oh, I've seen the first two Fat Ethel movies, had no idea it continued in any way. I'm pretty sure Fat Ethel 2 cannibalized a lot from the first films as well. So Death Nurse 2 cannibalizes something that is already guilty of the same crime.Hmmm

Criminally Insane franchise? "Fat" Ethel? Multiple Death Nurses?

I have never felt so lost in this thread.

I believe this was the first movie I ever rented from the briefly legendary Jumbo Video. So many crap movies. All of them located inside of a cardboard castle (possibly to keep the horror freaks away from the general clientelle)

I believe this was the first movie I ever rented from the briefly legendary Jumbo Video. So many crap movies. All of them located inside of a cardboard castle (possibly to keep the horror freaks away from the general clientelle)
Wonder if she knows Fat Neil.*

I hope Large Marge isn't involved with any of this.

Now I just got to get around to Night of a Thousand Cats (maybe next quarantine)
Oh, you want cats? Check out The Uncanny kitty anthology.

Oh, hello. I hope my kind words regarding the Conjuring made it so you politely refused to give that movie a fair chance while watching. My life goal is to block James Wan from gaining any more positive juju than necessary.

Due to social politeness of the situation*, I tried actually putting your kind words on the back burner and attempted to approach it with an open mind as to why someone else might think it's scary or a decent movie.
I made it about 15 minutes in before I just started making jokes about the incompetency. Also doing the mental exercise on what about it makes it just not work. While it's definitely more than one thing, the two aspects that stood out to me were
1. There's something about ghosts/demons taunting or showing off, telling you how bad things are going to be, that kills the eerieness of the presentation.
2. I just kept getting the same vibes as when watching some of American Horror Story. Which doesn't say why the movie doesn't work, but also has a lot of the same problems of presentation.

I will be honest, I enjoyed the watch, but mainly because I was able to laugh at the movie a lot.

I watched Night of a Thousand Cats with a large cult, horror audience and loved it. I remember Bill the Squid watched it on my recommendation and found it too dull. Low grade Mexican filmmaking it is. But likewise and on topic for the Jaws ripoffs, I did enjoy Tintorerra.

*: A pandemic formed movie club and the suggestion was made by someone relatively young, who seemed to enjoy the series.

And I'll be honest, I'm not going to go back through 70 pages, but at some point in the past week I clicked on one of the pages (can't remember if it was the beginning or the end), Hertzfeldt came up. I think It's Such a Beautiful Day got stronger as the trilogy progressed, but World of Tomorrow... started strong but I didn't click with part 3.
Have you seen The Meaning of Life? It was his short right before Everything Will be Okay. I don't rewatch it much, because I just usually rewatch one of the trilogies, but it should be seen at least once.

Oh, I've seen the first two Fat Ethel movies, had no idea it continued in any way. I'm pretty sure Fat Ethel 2 cannibalized a lot from the first films as well. So Death Nurse 2 cannibalizes something that is already guilty of the same crime.Hmmm
Yeah. I haven’t seen the full franchise, but I believe it goes Criminally Insane, then Criminally Insane 2 aka Crazy Fat Ethel, which uses about half of CI, then there’s Death Nurse, which I’ve not seen but I have no clue what new footage it added to the mix as DN2 takes footage from the CI flicks almost entirely and the footage that is new makes those look competent. I’ve never seen anything quite like it.

Criminally Insane 2 aka Crazy Fat Ethel
Boy, they really let poor Ethel have it in the second one, huh?

Boy, they really let poor Ethel have it in the second one, huh?
Oh, so just because the movie clearly cost whatever it took to pick up a video camera at a local pawn shop and nothing else, you assume she’s “poor” as well as crazy and fat? You’re a cruel one, Rock.

Oh, so just because the movie clearly cost whatever it took to pick up a video camera at a local pawn shop and nothing else, you assume she’s “poor” as well as crazy and fat? You’re a cruel one, Rock.
My regard for her finances is driven by nothing but empathy. Empathy for the insane, rotund and destitute.

My regard for her finances is driven by nothing but empathy. Empathy for the insane, rotund and destitute.
It’s this kinda thinking that helped her get her nursing degree.

Nice to see you, Ethel.
I believe you meant to say “Nice to see you, Crazy Fat Poor Ethel.”

I believe you meant to say “Nice to see you, Crazy Fat Poor Ethel.”
Ethel is aware of her situation. No need to rub it in.

Ethel is aware of her situation. No need to rub it in.
She’s criminally insane. By definition, she’s not aware of her situation.

She’s criminally insane. By definition, she’s not aware of her situation.
I think she knows her weight and bank balance.