Steven Jay Schneider - interesting film critic

Tools    

I found interesting book entitled "501 Movie Stars" - I have it in my collection. It's book written by Steven Jay Schneider - interesting film critic, scholar, and producer.
https://1001movies.fandom.com/wiki/Steven_Jay_Schneider

Perhaps it's strange question, but I'm interested if these film critics (like Steven Jay Schneider) know all movies (or almost all), which are described in their books or reviews? It's interesting question, because if "501 movie stars" is collection of 501 actors and actresses (every of them played in many movies) - it seems almost impossible to watch every film and TV series. How big is knowledge of this film critic?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I don't question his knowledge, I question his taste.

I've got 37 movies left of the 1001 movies (all combined) and I must say most of them suck.

His books, ultimately his contributors.

I don't question his knowledge, I question his taste.

I've got 37 movies left of the 1001 movies (all combined) and I must say most of them suck.

His books, ultimately his contributors.
I have that book. I find his list to be pretty much spot on.

Welcome to the human race...
I don't think 1001 Movies was really meant to be a straightforward "greatest films of all-time" kind of list so much as an attempt to pick the films that sum up cinema as an art form not just in terms of artistic merit but also historical and cultural significance. You can argue that films like The Birth of a Nation or Forrest Gump or The Avengers are bad for a variety of reasons, but they've all had a discernible impact on the very art of cinema and, while that does not mean you will like them or that they are necessarily good in an objective sense, it means that knowing them is fundamental to knowing and understanding cinema as a whole.

Fond memories of borrowing 1001 Movies multiple times from the library during my teenage years. I don't have much reason to go back to it now, but at the time I found it a useful guide to figuring what films would help me learn about and get a good sense of the art form.

You can argue that films like The Birth of a Nation or Forrest Gump or The Avengers are bad for a variety of reasons, but they've all had a discernible impact on the very art of cinema and, while that does not mean you will like them or that they are necessarily good in an objective sense, it means that knowing them is fundamental to knowing and understanding cinema as a whole.
I agree with you. There are different movies, which we watch, because they are famous and high-rated, but every man has other taste. I'm not fan of Star Wars and Harry Potter, but these movies are famous and very good in an objective sense.