Helloween (2021 Album)

Tools    

OK, so these guys practically invented my favorite metal genre: power metal. They started out with the high-pitched Michael Kiske on vocals, but after five albums he left because of personal reasons. They've had Andi Deris on vocals ever since.

Now Kiske is back with Deris and even Kai Hansen of Gamma Ray, and they've recorded an appropriately self-titled "reunion" album. Now Helloween are way past their prime right?

This is the best they've done since 1996. Not kidding. I didn't think it would end up being that good at all. Had to listen to the whole damn thing twice just to get everything.

They started out with the high-pitched Michael Kiske on vocals...
Actually, they started with Kai Hansen on vocals. Walls of Jericho is their only album I keep on listening to. I don't much care for the German power metal sound they invented after that. A Highly influential band, obviously, but just not really for me.

Helloween is perhaps my favorite band ever, I actually love all the main genres of metal (traditional, power, thrash, black, doom, and death) but Helloween is the band I cannot get tired off because they are like Iron Maiden but faster and better!

Edit: Cheking out this new album right now!

Helloween is perhaps my favorite band ever, I actually love all the main genres of metal (traditional, power, thrash, black, doom, and death) but Helloween is the band I cannot get tired off because they are like Iron Maiden but faster and better!

Edit: Cheking out this new album right now!

Ironically, Iced Earth's "Burnt Offerings" (despite Jon Schaffer's involvement) is actually one of the finest examples of a diverse metal album I've ever heard. It molds European power metal, American power metal, thrash, speedc and a little doom together incredibly well. I don't listen to it very often because I'm not in love with Iced Earth's "style," but that was a flawless album regardless.

I do wish Helloween would tackle more diversity in their overall catalog, but hey, what can you do?