Top Ten Russian Language Movies

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
What are your top ten Russian language movies? The next deep dive I want to take is into Soviet/Russian movies, but mores specifically movies where it is the Russian language being spoken. I'm hoping to get some suggestions out of this. I'll post my own list after I give it some thought, but what does your top ten list look like? I'm expecting a lot of Tarkovsky.

01. Come and See
02. Solaris
03. The Ascent
04. Loveless
05. Dersu Uzala
06. Stalker
07. The Cranes Are Flying

They're the only ones i can think of that i really liked, clearly i need to see more Russian Language Films. I actually made a Soviet Movie Thread not that long ago.

01. Come and See
02. Solaris
03. The Ascent
04. Loveless
05. Dersu Uzala
06. Stalker
07. The Cranes Are Flying

They're the only ones i can think of that i really liked, clearly i need to see more Russian Language Films. I actually made a Soviet Movie Thread not that long ago.
I've seen 1, 2, 3 and 6 of your list. Like/love them all. Have you seen other Tarkovsky films or just those two?

I'm comfortable with doing a top four right now:

1. Stalker
2. Solaris
3. Hard to Be a God
4. The Ascent

if Come and See is primarily Russian language and not Belarusian, then it's my number one. I still have a sh*t-ton to see. I've also seen and really like Nostalgia from Tarkovsky, but imdb makes it look like that's primarily spoken in Italian.

War and Peace (1966).
Night Watch (2004) and Day Watch (2006).
Battleship Potemkin (1925).
and
Russian Ark (2002).

Andrei Rublev easily for me. Im sure a lot of you prefer Stalker but I wasnt nearly as impressed with that (though its still an excellent film) while Andrei Rublev is a top 10 all time film for me. Come and see is up there and the Ascent is great too. Id think id have seen a lot more Russian films but a lot of thefulms coming to my mind are from other countries like Poland and such. Ive been a bit all over the place in Europe.

1. Stalker
2. Сталкер
3. Zerkalo
4. Nostalghia
5. Ivan's Childhood
6. Solaris
7. Gentlemen of Fortune
8. Andrei Rublev
9. Dersu Urzala
10. The Ascent

Oh well too much for tarkovsky

Everyone is my friend unless proven otherwise
1- come and see
2- Stalker
3- Russian Ark
It doesn’t care whether it’s soon or it’s too late
Don’t be afraid if your heart wakes up from an old dream
My be God has written your story from the beginning. Ehsan khaje Amiri

If anyone interested i had summarised before for some titles - tho' few of not predominantly in russian language i guess

USSR Cinema
https://boxd.it/1lC4M
Feel free with more recommendation

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
1. Stalker
2. Сталкер
Stalker in cyrillic is still Stalker. I understand you love the film a lot, but including it twice feels like a cheap trick. Should've added it written in kanji as number three to make it even more obvious you love it!

My top (one per director, chronological order):

Battleship Potemkin (1925) dir. Sergei Eisenstein
Fragments of an Empire (1929) dir. Fridrikh Ermler
Man With a Movie Camera (1929) dir. Dziga Vertov
Earth (1930) dir. Alexander Dovzhenko
Ballad of a Soldier (1959) dir. Grigory Chukhrai
War and Peace (1965) dir. Sergei Bondarchuk
The Mirror (1975) dir. Andrei Tarkovsky
Tale of Tales (1979) dir. Yuri Norshtein
Come and See (1985) dir. Elem Klimov
Visitor to a Museum (1989) dir. Konstantin Lopushansky
Palms (1993) dir. Artur Aristakisyan
Mother and Son (1997) dir. Alexander Sokurov
The Return (2003) dir. Andrey Zvyagintsev
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

1. Stalker
2. Сталкер
Stalker in cyrillic is still Stalker. I understand you love the film a lot, but including it twice feels like a cheap trick. Should've added it written in kanji as number three to make it even more obvious you love it!
in katakana: ストーカー

in katakana: ストーカー
My cousin, Ben, is a stalker. You can put him on your list too.
my favorite tarkovsky would be like
1. Stalker
2. Сталкер
3. ストーカー
4. Ben!!
5. Err.. I think i knew some Arabic 🤔