10+ Minute Song Tournament

Tools    

Ouch! OK, finishing my music thread off, voting on Chyp's music thread, doing another Hall of Fame thread, Hitchcock is coming up on the Rear Window thread, (or so I think, and thank God I know it like the back of my hand),John Carpenter still needs to be made into a thread (I HAVE to be the one to do that!!!), and gather up all threads pertaining to it . . . I'm screwed!

OK, I best get to my Valentine's Day thread, before February ends.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
John Carpenter still needs to be made into a thread (I HAVE to be the one to do that!!!), and gather up all threads pertaining to it . . . I'm screwed!
When, where and how do I sign up?

When, where and how do I sign up?
I will make the thread late tonight, and after that, everyone can reply in the thread. I will make up a list of films to check out, what part he played in creating them, etc . . .

I will make the thread late tonight, and after that, everyone can reply in the thread. I will make up a list of films to check out, what part he played in creating them, etc . . .
nice. I'll be there

It's all good bro.

Everybody will need to nominate a ninth song now, and christine will get ten.
ha I knew my seniority would get me something sometime!
I've edited in my extra two into my post on the first page JJ
thanks

Let the night air cool you off
I am going to start this tournament tomorrow morning. So everybody make sure to get their noms in tonight. Add a couple extras even, because if somebody doesn't add their song, you might get extra extras. If we don't have 56 songs when I set up the bracket, I'll just fill it in with my own nominations, because I am ready to get this show on the road.

I am prepping the tournament start right now. If anybody wants their extra noms, they need to be in very soon. I don't know how many noms we have in right now, so there is no guarantees they will be used, but I don't think we are at 64 yet.

Turns out, I am not good at math. I thought we had seven people, but we only have six. We have 53 songs so far, but we need 64. I need a combination of a eleven more noms. Hopefully we can still get this started today, but I'll need more noms from you guys. I posted the all of the noms (plus links) in the second post, so you can check to see if the links work and how many noms everybody has. I'd like everybody to get at least ten songs, but I'd also like to have this thing up and running in the next three hours. Here's what I'll do: Add more noms, but make sure you list them in order of preference. The order of precedence will be the people with less noms will have their songs added first, but when it's even, it will be the person who posted first. If you post before 12:15 central time, your noms will count.

It's whatever you want to nominate. Personally, I probably wouldn't nominate any classical pieces, but neoclassical I might. Up to you though.

A system of cells interlinked
Devin Townsend - Bastard

Moonsorrow - Pimea

This is EVIL sounding black metal. Most won't even make it through one listen. Regardless, song is a masterpiece, IMO.

Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

And just for those who what to really dig deep into the black metal (probably just myself and Winter Triangles), here is a 30 minute epic from Moonsorrow

Moonsorrow - Jddstd Syntynyt / Born of Ice - Varjojen Virta / Stream Of Shadows

I'll add those to the tournament, Sedai, but the last one probably won't be available to some of the users in other countries. All of those videos from uploaders called "insert band name - topic" have that problem.

Devin Townsend - Bastard

Moonsorrow - Pimea

This is EVIL sounding black metal. Most won't even make it through one listen. Regardless, song is a masterpiece, IMO.

Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

And just for those who what to really dig deep into the black metal (probably just myself and Winter Triangles), here is a 30 minute epic from Moonsorrow

Moonsorrow - Jddstd Syntynyt / Born of Ice - Varjojen Virta / Stream Of Shadows

I like you.

Wow, so we hope there will be 64 songs. this should be epic tourney that I don't even expected at first lol

Extras from me
10. Yes - Close to The Edge
11. Rush - Cygnus X1 Book Two Hemispheres

Still could think more but I don't want to get fun myself, where's everybody

*edited, oh i don't see little devil and sedai already