What Are Your Favorite Movies Whose Title is a Complete Sentence?

Tools    

I hate to disappoint, but I am no such thing. I am awful at grammar. It might be more accurate to call me a regular Nazi than a grammar Nazi. I just seem to have somewhat of an understanding as to what qualifies as a complete sentence.

Fair enough.

Is "The Silence Of The Lambs" a sentence? It doesn't feel like one.
It's not a sentence. The lambs are silent would be a complete sentence. The Thin Man is not a complete sentence. The man is thin, however, would be. You need a subject, a verb, and a complete idea. The Running Man: no. The man is running: yes.

The Dark Knight Rises
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Craig Quits His Day Job

Catch Me If You Can
Let's Make Love

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

No Country for Old Men

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

1. One flew over the cuckoo's nest
2. Make way for tomorrow
3. Come and see
4. Blue is the warmest color
5. I walked with a zombie
6. The Empire strikes back
7. It's such a beautiful day
8. What ever happened to Baby Jane?
9. A man escaped
10. Mr. Smith goes to Washington
11. How green was my valley
12. Thank you for smoking

Having doubts on When the cat comes. It's a wonderful film that everybody needs to watch, but I think that adverbials of time don't count here

"Warning titles" practically make up a horror subgenre: Don't Go in the Woods, Don't Go in the House, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, etc.

Or the old horror Mad Lib: I Was a Teenage ___________ (Werewolf, Zombie, Faust, Strangler, Wereskunk, insert-your-own).

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

No Country for Old Men
Where is the verb in either of those 'statements?

Also, "Who Killed Mary Whats'ername?"

I'm sorry, but it's not, and I don't see that your link shows proves your point.

Did you read it?
Of course, I did. I've been looking for the reason why you still believe that even after reading it yourself, and I found nothing.

But I like grammar, and I'll debate you. And in order to be fair I'll only use the informations provided in the link.

A complete sentence always contains a verb, expresses a complete idea and makes sense standing alone.
1) is there a verb in the "sentence" ?

Yes, there is, and I think this is the bit that confuses you. Although the verb "to find" is not-finite, the phrase does contain it, so I'll grant you that. I'll just say that the wording in the website is very imprecise.

2) does the "sentence" express a single idea ?

What is an idea ? This, too is imprecise, but this time the website gives us an example of an idea that is incomplete :

When Andy reads is an incomplete sentence [because] the opening word when tells us that something happens when Andy reads; we need more information to complete the idea.
So, this time it's not exactly the same, but we can make a similar argument if we split the sentence in half.

On the one hand, we have "Fantastic beasts", that is, a thing, and "Where to find them" which is a place. But a thing and a place alone do not constitute a single idea : we still need to find what happens to the thing, or to the place where we find that thing. In short, we need more information

3) Does the "sentence" make sense when standing alone ?

I'll say yes. But if you go that way, many, many things make sense out of context. "A can of beer" makes sense, even alone. "The apple-pie eating contest" also does.

Now, if we want to go a little further, I'll add that it could be considered to be a nominal sentence (check that on wikipedia), but the OP rejects them for this thread, so voilà.

Ok, I'm finished. I'm not sure that you are convinced, but I hope I did not misrepresent your thoughts. If that is the case, please, do feel free to answer the points I'm making, and also to explain why you still think (based on the link you provides) that Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a sentence.