jiraffejustin's Top 25 Horror Films* of the 80s

→ in
Tools    

Let the night air cool you off

Re-Animator

This is the film they mention in American Beauty. It's much more than that though, it's an experience in balls-to-the-wall fun.

The Shining

If you had any prior knowledge to my love of Kubrick, I don't think this would have surprised you...and **** the golden raspberries for nominating this masterpiece for anything. They should all jump off a cliff onto a pile of punji sticks.

Give me all of your candy!
The Shining is terrifying. I remember the first time I saw the blood steam down the wall. Yikes. I would have fit Poltergeist in there somewhere, but a lot of these films I have yet to see. Nice work!

The Shining is terrifying. I remember the first time I saw the blood steam down the wall. Yikes. I would have fit Poltergeist in there somewhere, but a lot of these films I have yet to see. Nice work!
Thanks! Hopefully something on my list will find its way into your dvd player.

@fuze931: Not to self promote and not to fill the thread with unwanted posts... have a look for Rodent's Top 10s Of The Genres... Kinda

It's in the Reviews Sub-Forum. I've got a pile of personal Top 10s of all sorts of genres.

Might be worth a gander.

I have. I just find that boring

The most disturbing film honeykid has seen...so you know, watch it.
Well, along with Blue Velvet. So, yeah, dammit! Watch it!

**** the golden raspberries for nominating this masterpiece for anything. They should all jump off a cliff onto a pile of punji sticks.
Wow. I didn't know that. So, once upon a time, they actually nominated a film which truly deserved it? Colour me surprised.

The Shining is terrifying.
Boring. I think the word you were looking for was "boring."

I'll be interested to see if this list changes if/when you see some of those films you listed at the beginning.

The Razzies didn't nominate the film, but they did Kubrick and Duvall.
I should have been more specific...yes this.

Originally Posted by honeykid
Wow. I didn't know that. So, once upon a time, they actually nominated a film which truly deserved it? Colour me surprised.
boo

The Razzies didn't nominate the film, but they did Kubrick and Duvall.
Which were the two worst things about the film. So they even got that right. Well done, Razzies.

Thanks for the clarification, mark.

Which were the two worst things about the film. So they even got that right. Well done, Razzies.

Thanks for the clarification, mark.
There's no hope for you.

Gotta agree with your #1. I personally prefer Videodrome and even Dead Ringers to The Fly, but glad to see the former make the top ten. Blue Velvet definitely isn't horror, but it is certainly one of the best and most disturbing films I've ever seen.

The Shining

If you had any prior knowledge to my love of Kubrick, I don't think this would have surprised you...and **** the golden raspberries for nominating this masterpiece for anything. They should all jump off a cliff onto a pile of punji sticks.
The Shining is a spellbinding, terrifying masterpiece.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
That movie just missed out on my countdown.....
It made mine. Love The Shining and Videodrome. Got a couple of movies on here on my to watch list. The one I'm most excited about is Razorback because of my love for Creature Features and Australian cinema.

The one I'm most excited about is Razorback because of my love for Creature Features and Australian cinema.
Razorback is one of the most underrated monster movies I've ever seen. Uber atmospheric stuff as if Dario Argento and Peter Jackson shot a black comedy about a killer pig in the Aussie outback. Great. Got slated on release because director Russell Mulcahy had come from a pop video background. Ha! That's normal these days, but I've always rated the movie.