Cat Cafes

Tools    

Happy New Year from Philly!
In Japan, they have cat cafes. No they don't serve cats, neither as entrees nor as customers but as friendly companions.

Link to full article:

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0080316x2.html

CAT CAFE CALICO

A purrfect place for fanciers of felines

By FELICITY HUGHES
Special to The Japan Times
The 20th of this month marks the first anniversary of Cat Cafe Calico's opening to the public.

A few of the 17 pedigree feline stars of Cat Cafe Calico — from Russian Blues to Persians — who pull in feline fanciers day after day to commune with their elusive personalities. They include this dozy beauty (top) in the arms of a cafe staffer, the imperious Chiyoko looking down from on high (above) and one of their number asleep in a cooking pot (below). And then there's these moggies so delighting cafe regular Kaori Sato (bottom). FELICITY HUGHES PHOTOS
The cafe's 34-year-old owner Takafumi Fukui, having managed to hit on a revolutionary yet simple idea at just the right time, has good reason to celebrate. His cafe is now so popular that on weekends customers have to make reservations in advance if they want to visit. They come in droves to spend time with the cafe's coterie of 17 full-grown felines and kittens — and they pay ¥800 an hour for the privilege.
As the Czar of Cuteness, I approve this article.

Maybe I need to find a pet forum.

I wonder if you can order fish in this place? If so, you'll only have yourself to blame.

A couple of my cats seem to like fish... but some of them just look insulted if you offer it to them...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A couple of my cats seem to like fish... but some of them just look insulted if you offer it to them...
Yes, my cats don't like fish yet they love fish flavored kibble. Go figure! My Nico prefers potato chips and popcorn though she mainly just licks the salt off of them.

A system of cells interlinked
My cat would just eat all the other cats...

Only if your Sedai's cat-eating cat otherwise no it's just cuteness.

The idea behind this Cat Cafe isn't really food related. It's more like a cathouse only with real live cats. Clients just go to pet the kittens and play with the kitty cats.

It is a good idea and Cat Cafes should be developed.
I should add that Cat was a deity to the people of the ancient Egypt. Bastet is the name of the cat goddess in Egypt. By 3100 BC there were large number of temples for cat goddess in many parts of the region.
Worshipping of Bastet was legally banned by the royal authority in 390 AD.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/brotee/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/brotee/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/brotee/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/brotee/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

A bronze statue of the cat goddess Bastet
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT GOD OF EGYPT.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	6544  

The cats in the bottom right picture are stuffed and don't actually move.

The cat in the top right picture is in fact a soft toy with a suction cup that someone has stuck there.

Brotee, I had a statue of Bast. Probably still do, but who knows where it is hiding. Thanks for the pics.

Yes, it does HK. I also think there is a Madame Defarge cat playing with a ball of yarn.