Favorite Quoter?

Tools    

Dont know if I responded here yet... but Marcus Aurelius makes much sense. If we could all live to be Stoics, it would be a better place.

- You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.
- The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.
- Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
- Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
- When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love ..
- The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury
- Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together,but do so with all your heart
- If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.

And my favorite...

- Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself. Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Dont know if I responded here yet... but Marcus Aurelius makes much sense. If we could all live to be Stoics, it would be a better place.

- You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.
I don't think most of us have power of our minds... It would be nice, though.