Kill Bill

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Will Kill Bill be Tarantino's best yet?

Nope. Not now.

It wouldn't have been his best anyhow, but splitting the film in two makes me worry more and more about its quality. First it goes over budget, over schedule, doesn't make the deadline for Cannes [which Tarantino promised he would win]. Now he is splitting it in two? He is either making the best film he can, or the Kill Bill ship needs more and more gimmicks to make it float...

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Will Kill Bill be Tarantino's best yet?

I don't know.....we'll just have to see. The film looks great and all. As for its two parts, so what. Tarantino might get it in Cannes (at least one), and I think that's enough to satisfy them.

I thought he missed Cannes! I'm so confused. I do know he may still be up for Toronto though....

I hope the film is good...

Um, if he's releasing the films in October and then two to six months later, then, no, he will not get it into Cannes. He missed the 2003 deadline, and will have released the film before Cannes 2004.

Drat!!!!

I had hope for a second. I wanted QT to win that....

God, Jason. That is exactly what I am talking about. You post pointless crap [admit it, that picture was in no way important to a discussion on Kill Bill] just to get your post count up.

Argh. Infuriating!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Now now - don't have a cow

(My post count is one higher.

I feel elated)

It does have sort of a nice ring.....

It does, though now [being an swine as I am] I think that if you are going to do volumes, you should do, like, three volumes. Make it rounder. A nicer number.

I'm sure it'll all come good in the end...

I too find that I enjoy the sound of a trilogy much more than a two part film. Oh well, we'll see.

Hi
I was hoping it would be

Almost Kill Bill
and
Actually Kill Bill

I must become Caligari..!
Ok heres, My view on the most anticapated movie of his life.

I have no problems with Kill Bill being split in to two movies if thats what has to be done for Q to get what he needs in, I dont want to see three 90 min films thought. As for festivils, i coulndt give a Flying F*** wich ines it screens at, He should be making this film for the fans and not for awards, But if there happens to be a festivil at the same time as realese date then good for him. Going on gut instinkt, I dont think KB will top Pulp but i do think it will rival Jackie for number two on my list.

Thats My Three Dollars and Seventy Eight Cents
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

A novel adaptation.
The stars appearances at the San Diego Comic Convention was a bid dissapointment. They were refusing to sign anything but the posters they were handing out there, and Darryl Hannah and David Carradine didn't even show up.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Michael Madsen was drunk. I don't know, I'm really looking forward to this one less and less.

Hi
Originally Posted by Herod
The stars appearances at the San Diego Comic Convention was a bid dissapointment. They were refusing to sign anything but the posters they were handing out there, and Darryl Hannah and David Carradine didn't even show up.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Michael Madsen was drunk. I don't know, I'm really looking forward to this one less and less.
no! don't say that!
Well..at least im happy (for me) the booth sucked, i was dying to go to the convention for that and of course the comics, but at least it took some of the pain away.

Hi
Originally Posted by Hondo333
Ok heres, My view on the most anticapated movie of his life.

I have no problems with Kill Bill being split in to two movies if thats what has to be done for Q to get what he needs in, I dont want to see three 90 min films thought. As for festivils, i coulndt give a Flying F*** wich ines it screens at, He should be making this film for the fans and not for awards, But if there happens to be a festivil at the same time as realese date then good for him. Going on gut instinkt, I dont think KB will top Pulp but i do think it will rival Jackie for number two on my list.

Thats My Three Dollars and Seventy Eight Cents
I think it'll top Pulp for me just because of the genre. Quentin + cast + martial arts x 2 = greatness

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Tuna
I think it'll top Pulp for me just because of the genre. Quentin + cast + martial arts x 2 = greatness
I think this will (as any other film would) have to be very very F*cking good to top Pulp. For ME that is. (Gosh i know this sounds lame) But Pulp was the movie that got me intrested film, With out it i would not be chatting with you today.

QT just did an interview in a magazine called CINESCAPE. In it he explains what is going on and why the films are being split up. If you have any spare change I highly suggest picking it up .