This movie stars eve, ice cube, cedric the entertainer, and the guy from Save the Last Dance. It was great!

This was the funniest movie in a long time, all of the dialouge was perfect and cedric the entertainer was funny as hell. I usually hate Ice Cube, but he played a totally different role in this movie. Instead of being a rebel with an attitude with a comic relief sidekick, hes now a struggling buisness man, and it works out great.

Barber Shop takes place in one day at a very black neighborhood in chicago, at first the photography and everything makes you think its set in the 1950's, but instead its set in the modern day, but it keeps up the 1950's barber shop style throughout the whole movie. The music and direction, i had trouble with editing, it was kinda of annoying at times, but good in general. The main antagonist in this movie is the black dude from REquiem for a Dream, not marlon wayans, the mean one. And he is great in his role.

Overall, this movie is funny, has a great message executed well, and entertaining. Its either this or Stealing Havard this week, i think this is the one to go to.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me