What is your favourite film by your favourite director?

Tools    

Not necessarily your favourite film, but the best film your favourite director has made.....

My favourite director still has to be Speilberg - pretty much everything he has done I have really enjoyed. So narrowing it down, of all the films he has done, it has to be "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Cape Fear from Martin Scorsese.

Inglourious Basterds --- Quentin Tarantino

"Favorite" director to me means that they have multiple movies that I think are amazing and therefore narrowing it down to one choice is somewhat arbitrary, but with that necessary disclaimer...

Tsui Hark - Once Upon a Time in China

And some runners-up:

Buster Keaton - Steamboat Bill Jr.
Orson Welles - The Lady From Shanghai
Akira Kurosawa - Rashomon
Tod Browning - Freaks
Roman Polanski - The Tenant
Peter Greenaway - A Zed & Two Noughts
John Sayles - Limbo
Stanley Kubrick - Full Metal Jacket
Robert Altman - The Long Goodbye
Juzo Itami - A Taxing Woman
Powell & Pressburger - The Red Shoes
Brian De Palma - Casualties of War
Ang Lee - Eat Drink Man Woman

Paul W.S. Anderson is my favorite director. He had made a lot of blockbuster hit movies like Resident Evil and Death Race movies.

Fargo by the Coen Brothers
The Tenant by Polanski
War of the Roses by DeVito
Many good directors, many good movies, besides there's still much I haven't seen. 'too many movies, too little time...'

There are lots of directors that I like. If I had to name a favorite, it'd be James Cameron, and my favorite of his movies is also my favorite movie: Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Cape Fear from Martin Scorsese.
Somebody else who thought that was Scorsese's masterpiece! It has always been overshadowed by GoodFellas, which came out only shortly beforehand.

Mike Leigh

Spike Lee

Ken Russell

Federico Fellini

This is such a tough category. I am just going to have to say that Scorsese is probably my favorite director, and I have so many favorite films of his that it's tough to pick.

I have to go with The Aviator for the actual genius of the film and every single aspect that went into making that movie. It's one I can without a doubt say has perfect directing. The obvious choices of Gangs of New York, The Departed, Goodfellas, Cape Fear and so on are all great as well, but The Aviator is probably my favorite.

Close behind might be Inception by Christopher Nolan, because that movie has already overtaken everything from Godfather to Citizen Kane as my favorite movie of all time. He's not my fave director yet though.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Probably "Heat" by Micheal Mann.