Better movie?
37.21%
16 votes
X-Men
62.79%
27 votes
Spider-Man
43 votes. You may not vote on this poll

they are both good but i do like spdy that little bit more.

Originally posted by Monkeypunch

Spider-Man was far superior to LOTR in every way possible!!
sorry but i really think you couldn't be more wrong. I have a book on the FX of LOTR and it wipes the floor with spider-man

LOTR FOREVER!!!

as a comics fan i have to say spider man won on the basis of the very 'bloodline' the producers were tapping in turning this into a movie (though superior writing, etc. helped, no doubt), for the fact that it eschewed a superior strain of comic book lineage than the x-men movie did. spiderman was silver-age marvel goodness. light, entertaining, americana-filled, superhero pulp-fiction. in my book this stacks the odds heavilly against x-men, which in contrast drew most of it's ideas from a more recent 'hard-edged' marvel/image industry that while being perhaps a bit more violent, and outspoken, (not to mention pretentious) is no less stupid, and suffers for it. maybe if ice-man threw snow-balls, i would have been able to take this movie more seriously, though i doubt it.

still, all in all i have a few complaints about 'spiderman':
the inclusion of mary jane over gwen stacy was a mistake, the osbornes' were missing their famously awesome cross-hatch haircuts (blaspemy!), and the humor took a back seat to the drama for the last half (perhaps this would have been remedied if they had instead chosen to do the 'doctor octopus tries to woo aunt may into marrying him' plotline, though i think they did make the better choice over all, in the end.) still, spidey will easily make my top ten list for 2002, for sure.

now when the hell are they going to do a 'plasic man' movie?
captain marvel, anyone?

Hi Darlings,
No point quarreling over taste, and anyway, they were both yummy but in different ways. I do like Toby Maguire, and liked it that he was SUCH a nice person. (Really acted like a good person, and not just other characters saying it, or just not killing people, or just being the protaganist.) Actions speak louder than verbiage, y'know.
But LOTR is its own classic universe, and you can't argue with that, can you? So lets just pick both & be done with it.
Love and kisses and hugs,
Jozie
PS to Naisy
If "Best Mofo Friends With Jozie" is not just one of those "usernamehere" thingies, then Thanks!
;-D
j

Tough one...only cause he was always my favorite, and I love both films so much...I would pick Spiderman

Spiderman

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

You suck!

X-Men wasn't that good. (btw, I was an extra in it.)

Spiderman was the better of the two. The first half of the film was really tight, and they did a remarkable job sticking with the actual story. They fit so much history in so little time, and it never seemed weak and rushed.

The down side of Spiderman though was the second half. The farther along it got, the weaker. If it never had such a good beginning..... it could have been a BAD film.

With X2 coming out May 2003 and Spiderman 2 in 2004, it's going to be harder to decide as goes by.
My original choice earlier was Spiderman but i don't know now.
Also....Daredevil comes out Feburary 2003, don't forget as well as The Hulk supposedly later on in the year.
Like I said..........harder !

I'll say neither. I thought they were both very mediocre.

Didn't see it.
x-men all the way.