Mel Gibson Viking Movie

Tools    

I don't know about the issues in Mel Gibson's personal life, but that man is LEGEND when it come to movie making. I can't wait to see what he going to do with his upcoming Viking Movie with Leonardo DiCaprio!!!

Semper Fooey
It will be original all right. Unless, Gibson comes to his senses, everyone will be speaking in Old Norse.

a movie about Vikings would be great and original,I hope
I shure hope it will surpass Apocalypto,that movie had too much unrealistic events imho.(running as fast as a black panther,a solar eclypse going way too fast in comparison with a real one AND saves the "hero" when he is about to be sacrificed (idea ripped from the comic Tintin and the temple of the sun btw)
Another thing that bothered me was that each person of the tribe had different body-decorations (to make them look cool I presume)
All my respect to Mel tough.

Hey you guys seen that Southpark episode of Imaginationland.
Where Mel Gibson & other directors are called in to suggest a plan for the US Military.

The Michael Bay bit was hillarious.

It was reported in 2009 that Gibson would star in The Beaver, a film directed by former Maverick co-star, Jodie Foster.[45] He has also expressed an intention to direct a movie set during the Viking Age, starring Leonardo DiCaprio. The as-yet untitled film, like The Passion of the Christ and Apocalypto, will feature dialogue in period languages.

source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Gibson

Semper Fooey
Guess he gave up on that Viking movie:

LOS ANGELES -- Mel Gibson's involvement in a film about the legendary Jewish warrior Judah Maccabee was taking heat from Jewish groups Friday.
Gibson's Icon production company is set to oversee the project for Warner Bros., though Gibson is still on the fence about directing the movie.
"Casting him as a director or perhaps as the star of 'Judah Maccabee' is like casting Madoff to be the head of the Securities and Exchange Commission," Rabbi Marvin Hier, the dean and founder of the Simon Wiesenthal Center Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles, said in a statement.

Mel Gibson attends a hearing in Los Angeles Superior Court to finalize financial issues in a custody battle with former girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.

Gibson has become something of an industry pariah over accusations of anti-Semitism stemming from a 2006 traffic stop and abusive telephone calls recorded by his former lover.

Anti-Defamation League (ADL) director Abraham H. Foxman spoke out against the reported project, saying, "It would be a travesty to have the story of the Maccabees told by one who has no respect and sensitivity for other people's religious views."
Gibson's 2004 blockbuster about the crucifixion of Jesus, "The Passion of the Christ," was met with accusations that he inaccurately depicted Jewish leaders in the film, prompting ADL chief Foxman to describe it at the time as "painful to watch."
The actor then faced harsh backlash after a 2006 DUI arrest in Los Angeles during which he told a police officer, "F*cking Jews ... the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world," according to the arrest report. He apologized afterward, saying that he had "disgraced myself and my family with my behavior."
The public battle between the 55-year-old Oscar winner and Oksana Grigorieva, the mother of his young daughter, included charges of verbal and physical abuse along with the release of recorded phone calls featuring a raging Gibson allegedly making anti-Semitic and racist comments.
The story of Maccabee, the warrior hero who is commemorated at Hanukkah, is one that has reportedly interested Gibson for years, and at one point was being touted as his follow-up project after the huge success of "The Passion of the Christ." Maccabee, along with his brothers and father, led the Jewish revolt against the Greek-Syrian armies in the second century B.C.
The screenwriter on the project is reported to be Joe Eszterhas of "Basic Instinct" and "Showgirls" fame. Eszterhas also received the Emanuel Foundation's Lifetime Achievement Award in 1995 for his depiction of the Holocaust in Hungary, according to the Los Angeles Times

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz1iLjHwsI2

Sudoku Blackbelt
Geez, you go on one anti-semitic rant, and you're branded for life.

In all seriousness though, when all that went down, I have to say, he's very fortunate he wasn't run completely out of the 'biz' altogether.

It's been my experience that alcohol can be a truth serum for some people.

I'm not foolish enough to think this is an isolated case. This one just happened to be very public.

I don't have any respect for this guy, and it doesn't have anything to do with his acting. (which I think is very heavy handed and over the top).

My problem is the way he's treated his family. I don't mean his midlife crisis wife and new child. I mean his wife and 7 (I think) kids from his first marriage.

What the heck are they supposed to do when he's out being photographed, drunk, partying with young scantily clad girls barely old enough to be in a bar?

I don't know what kind of relationship he and his wife had, she might be worse than him, we just don't know.

But, I'm fairly certain his kids are collateral damage, and they don't deserve what their knucklehead father puts them through.

That's gotta put his kids through some mean kinda hell with their schoolmates.

The guy is a tool.

Semper Fooey
He is also a gigantic hypocrite, pretending to be some kind of super religious Catholic when all this adultry and potty mouth talk came out.

So, he's pretty much like everybody else? Let's hang his ass.