Is Leonardo DiCaprio the best actor in the world RIGHT NOW?

Tools    

Just thinking to myself really about who is the best actor in the world. And going by common conception of the films he has been in, and what they mean i would say that Di Caprio is the best in the world right now. Obviuolsy the likes of Cruise, De Niro, Pitt etc would argue that and so would their fans but if you think of the varied roles he has done in his last few, from The Departed to Blood Diamond. I would be very willing to say he is currently the best actor in the world. WHo would you say it is, or do you agree with me.

NO.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

.....doesn't know what to put here!
no

A system of cells interlinked
I would have to say no, as well...

So who is the best actor in the world right now?, just intersetd to see who yours are, and in one persons case - who their top twent actors right now are?

No.

what a question. How can one person be the best actor in the world? It's way too subjective an opinion. S'not like it's the fastest runner in the world

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm going to have to join the 'no' brigade here.

Even only including actors who have appeared on screen in the last couple of years to fit with the 'right now' criteria, what about Daniel Day Lewis, James McAvoy, Robert De Niro, Heath Ledger, Geoffrey Rush, Anthony Hopkins, Tony Leung, Johnny Depp, Javier Bardem, Tom Wilkinson, Adrien Brody,Hugh Jackman, Jack Nicholson, Cillian Murphy, Guy Pearce....

There's 15 better than DiCaprio right there.

This is Bat Country!
A big fat hell NO.

Sorry.

I will say (with the exception of Whats Eating Gilbert Grape) I did not like Leo untill Gangs of New York, and even there DDL stole the show. He is getting better and he will hopefully get better with age, but best? By far : NO!

Edit in: Looking at his film history, why does he seem to be in so many "Historical" or films based on actual events?

Aviator
Titanic
Gangs
Blood Diamond
Iron Mask
Catch Me if You Can

The list goes on to include a few films yet to be released.

Hang On A mintute.. He cant Act..

http://jamesdean4ever.terapad.com/

No.

what a question. How can one person be the best actor in the world? It's way too subjective an opinion. S'not like it's the fastest runner in the world
I agree entirely. That's what I always say. It's too blunt, sure he's great, has some range, and will one day move his way higher into the ranks, but I have to say no.