Zoolander

→ in
Tools    

Directed by Ben Stiller, and hes actually good at, it comes off as a another bad Bond parady, but it didnt have more than 2 bond references. Reminded me of "Bring it on" with the male model urban legends and inside jokes. I think Owen Wilson, Will Ferrel, and the reporter girl, Christine Taylor
were all really great in the movie, It was Benstiller himself that made the movie worse, all of Zoolander's jokes were the same"ohh haha hes so stupid" jokes. It had a lot of really funny parts, and it made a great movie-with-the-guys type thing. Its not a masterpiece, but worth seeing.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Now With Moveable Parts
Cool.I thought it had the chance of being shamefully stupid.Of course I'll go see it,but now I won't be worried that I'm wasting money.

Geez, I didn't like it too much. Just didn't work for me.

I liked it OK. Can't say there were any huge rolling belly laughs for me, but it was just amusing enough. I'm a crazy Owen Wilson fan, and I enjoyed all the cameos too. I'd only give it a C+ for a grade, but I wasn't sorry I went to see it or anything.

"Hansel is so hot right now."

I give it a C+ as well. Better than most. Maybe it eeks out a B-...or at least, it would have if there were more people in the theatre. Would you also believe that I had the completely stereotypical kid kicking seats in the row behind me? I was all the way on the other end, but the row was conncted so that my seat shook with every kick. Rather than walk all the way to the end of the row and scream at some little kids, I just moved up a row. Punk kid needs to be taught a lesson by someone, though.

Anyway, the movie was pretty good. I had strongly suspected that Stiller's "Zoolander voice" would get very old, but it didn't...it was amusing the entire time. The little "alien voice" Wilson does was pretty good, too.

Saw the zoo-move today & I thought it was cute. I was glad he got to go to subtitles once there at the end. I did laugh, and Jane did laugh -- even though parts of it were extremely stupid. But his clothes were horrible. Do models really dress like that? All those sultry guys in the Polo ads and the open-collared button-downs go home and put on Lurex? Now that makes me sick!
Love,
Jozie

This movie surprized me because frankly I thought it would suck bigtime. Ben Stiller did get a little annoying as the movie progressed but the stupid humor worked for me. That calling alien bit and the way Hansel said it. That amused me for sum reason. The facial expressions were laugh inducing simply because they were so stupid looking. I guess I liked this movie because it was light and not serious at all like Training Day and Don't Say A Word.. dotn get me wrong I enjoyed those flicks too in thier own ways... but Zoolander was a refreshing change from all the stressful things happening. I'd recommend this to anyone who is severely bored or looking for a few chuckles. Oh yeah and that freak fest that happend with Matilda, was it? that part was stupid.. hehehe..but i laughed regardless. Then the end when the fountain with the 3 guys in the gas station thing. Classic. Maybe i was just in the right mood to see it..b ut I liked this movie.

I got less out of this movie than I expected. IMO, Owen Wilson was the only redeeming quality. He could just stand there and breathe and I would laugh. And, I'm sorry, but I just can't look at Christine Taylor without thinking about Marsha Brady.

Nothing can top Ben Stiller in "Mystery Men".

R
You get me slapped with a fine, you argue with the customers and I have to patch everything up, you get us thrown out of a funeral by violating the corpse, and then to top it off, you ruin my relationship. I mean, what's your encore? Do you, like, anally rape my mother while pouring sugar in my gas tank?

When making a comedy, I think the makers should maybe think about putting some comedy into the movie. I didn't laugh a single time during this flick. Truly awful.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by bodhigrrrl
I got less out of this movie than I expected. IMO, Owen Wilson was the only redeeming quality. He could just stand there and breathe and I would laugh. And, I'm sorry, but I just can't look at Christine Taylor without thinking about Marsha Brady.

Nothing can top Ben Stiller in "Mystery Men".

R
You know 'Marsha Brady'is Stiller's wife,right.I mean,that's the only reason she has any work at all in my opinion.As far as Mystery Men being his best...I'd have to say,There's Something About Mary,tops that.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
"What's that bubble" I would have to agree with you Sades. "Mary" tops "Mystery Men" by far.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I know I'm way behind but I just caught this...

It's so great when you have low expectations and you're blown away. I'm in the middle of exams so I needed to chuckle for an hour and a half and I did.

With The Cable Guy, Reality Bites and now Zoolander, Ben Stiller is concocting a pretty sweet little filmography.

Loved the cast. Owen Wilson is Hollywood's best kept secret. Christine Taylor is one of the handful of actresses who can make me laugh and turn me on at the same time. Jerry Stiller needs to star in more movies. Only disappointment was Will Ferrel, apart from his killer line "Hansel is so hot right now"- he's better in Jay and Silent Bob. Duchovny is a riot as well. Voight and Vaughn surprised me, especially Vaughn, that man usually can't shut up and he didn't say a word.

"There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finish midgets and the Sherpa guy, that I really felt something for her."

Who says romance is dead?

Originally posted by bigvalbowski
With The Cable Guy, Reality Bites and now Zoolander, Ben Stiller is concocting a pretty sweet little filmography.
What about "Meet the Parents" and "There's Something About Mary"? Those are his two best, and yet you neglect them? For shame.

Because Val was listing the movies Ben Stiller has directed, not just those he's appeared in as an actor. He also co-wrote the Zoolander screenplay.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I thought filmogaphy referred to either of those...didn't realize it was exclusive to directing. Anyway, I'm sorry to say I wasn't too fond of "Reality Bites," though it's been a long time since I've seen it.

Now With Moveable Parts
The Cable Guy is underrated. Jim Carey's best and funniest work. The critics hated it...said it was too dark, like all comedy is supposed to be light?!

A lot of parts were corny, but still worth the money when you need a cheap laugh. Not too many comedies out there, so 'lander doesn't have much competition. *Semi-spoiler section** C'mon the ending scene was funny, you know, with you know who's kid? The different 'looks' were funny, particularly the last one he busted out: Blue Steel - now how ridiculously stupid is that for a look. Will Ferell was pretty funny, but I usually think he's funny. Yeah, the Marsha Brady extra was replaceable. 'Lander's scene with his prettyboy friends was nice, because it's fun too laugh at male models - I don't know why, it just is.

I liked this one, very funny movie