The First Avenger: Captain America

Tools    

lol.. you have no idea what you are speaking of right??.. you should acquaint yourself with the comic before making that comment.

Go watch the A-team if you want Born on Earth Heroes fighting Born On Earth baddies...
We want a cosmic adventure...
& leave Thor out of an Avengers movie!!! that's crazy talk!!!!

& BTW Wonder Woman doesn't belong to the Marvel Universe.

Basically my point is, just because a hero has had succes in his own movie should be involved in Avengers is a wrong thing to say... Characters like Haweyes need to be introduced to the non-comic fans, so they get an idea how cool the marvel universe.

The one reason Marvel tops DC in movies is that they have succesfully managed to link each of their movies.. That's why non-comic fans are going crazy to see what Avengers is about...

Nom
seriously, gods, they really dont sell anymore. wonderwoman was an example but it does illustrate my point. your right, im not a comic book fan. thats my point. im that audience directors want to include. but lets look at the sucess of the movies recently that did great without basing the story line 100% on comic book integrity. nearly all of them. hollywood is trying to keep the scope within realistic ideals not beyond the scope of reality. i love a good story but not even books into movies are true to integrity. dont get mad about it, its just my oppinion.

Have you even read Thor dude?? It will definitely work if done right..
Everything will work if done right.

Just the way Silver Surfer & Dr Strange will work if done when someone who is capable with putting in psychedelic imagery..

what wonderwoman was an example???? are you talking of that animated movie, which noone even heard about..

I agree changes has to be made to make the subject acceptable... Trust me Thor will work & it would have been even better if they kept the setting in Norse era in the first movie.

Nom
yeah, i can see it now. Thor and Jesus come down together and battle the forces of evil. when their finished, thor nails jesus to the Eiffel tower warning the french to stop their political crap with captain america as spokesperson and wonderwoman as their fasion consultant. no i havent read thor but i have family members who are way to zealous with them. i just want a good movie not worthless comic mongers

you have no idea what you are speaking.. Jesus & French???.. Thor is a norse god, I would prefer if they did an actual movie on thor than the comic one, but it's fine, I like both the versions equally...

Anyway.. It's ok. I respect your personal views. Than these movies are not for you... Don't try to suggest to change things the way they are favoured already.

What you are demanding is an Ang Lee's Hulk type movie. With drama & action trying hard to be emotional & realistic.
You don't like it.. Then don't expect anything out of it.. There are tons of movies you would like that are coming soon.

Nom
i was just joking about that. i thought it was funny. in all seriousness, my wife LOVES Thor. he's her favorite and she will KILL them if they screw him up. as far as hulk, i liked both versions and own both. i liked them equally for different reasons. i "demand" nothing and "expect" a good movie. lets just hope for everyone's sake they do justice to the avengers movie for everyone!!! including noncomic readers like me
maybe, just a possibility, make Thor not a god but still badazz?

I agree Nom, But trust me, i am not into many comics, I hate Spiderman & Superman comics.. But if a comic is written well, I jump to it.

& since you are a non-comic fan, I can only say that don't keep your expectations low, there will be loads for you to enjoy..
Just coz Thor is a god, doesn't mean he won't be a Badass.. He is a rebellious god & all I can say is that you are gonna love him..

The worst characterizations of a comic character was that Silver Surfer in FF2 & Superman in Superman Returns

Beware The Probe!
...lets just hope for everyone's sake they do justice to the avengers movie for everyone!!! including noncomic readers like me
maybe, just a possibility, make Thor not a god but still badazz?
That's funny because they sorta of did that in the second Ultimates storyline in the comics.

They had Thor telling people he was a god but no one believed him and it was revealed that he was just an escaped menal patient and his hammer wasn't magical, just a high tech device. He was even arrested and imprisoned.
THEN Loki showed up and almost decimated the world.
It was all part of his plan to trick everybody into believing Thor wasn't a god.

Yep, I loved the characterization of Ultimate Thor..

In fact i was hoping the same costume would be used in the movie, since they made Sam as Fury (still not comfortable with this).. I thought they would use the Ultimate line of costumes.
Love the ultimate hammer as well...

But I am quite happy with the costume they are using as well.. no issues.

Can't wait for the actual film showing, or event the full movie trailer... Captain America is one of my favorites, even in comics way back more than 20 years ago.

Beware The Probe!
I too am eager to atleast catch a glimpse of Evans in the costume.
Here's a fan-made potential look for him.

I don't see a problem with a Captain America costume if they go with the Ultimate Cap look:
Blue jeans, chainmail, helmet, goggles…
No reason it needs to be spandex.

&feature=related

Haha when Wasp calls Pym "gorgeous hunk of superhero" at aboiut 4:22.

with teh costume i the pics above and i read that the first costume is meant to be from an american flag and change it more to the Cap look for the end/Avengers reform
as well i can definutly see a shield change as the first version is kool and then for current times change to the rounded one made from top materials.

I don't like the guy they pick to play Captain America. I still think Jim from Office would be better actor then this guy.

I knwo many people are not comfortable with Chris Evans.. but if it was that Jim guy, the hate would have been worse..

He might be a good actor, but he just doesn't have the look.. Chris Evans is a better option.

Semper Fooey

Haha when Wasp calls Pym "gorgeous hunk of superhero" at aboiut 4:22.
I remember those cartoons. They were horrible. They hardly moved. The same animation studio did a year later the first Spiderman cartoons, but those had bigger budgets and seem like masterpieces by comparison.

Can't wait for the actual film showing, or event the full movie trailer... Captain America is one of my favorites, even in comics way back more than 20 years ago.
Same here. Next year is going to be flat out awesome!

Reading back a few posts here, I'm glad they seem to be staying away from Hippie Thor and the Ultimate route. I hate the Ultimate Universe and have never followed it for long.

Great recent news about the Cap film, Tommy Lee Jones has been confirmed as having a role. Marvel has yet to miss when casting. That's why I have faith that Evans will be great as well.