Tom Cruise will return for Mission: Impossible 4

Tools    

Tom Cruise has decided it will light the fuse and return Special Agent Ethan Hunt in Mission: Impossible 4. Cruise will produce the film with Mission: Impossible 3, JJ Abrams with writers Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec on board to manage the script. Applebaum and Nemec both wrote for Alias Abrams and co-created the CBS series October Road and the American remake of Life on Mars. Abrams and Cruise are now seeking a director.

Mission Impossible 4 pushed back to December 2011, Brad Bird confirmed as director

In a surprising move Paramount has pushed Mission Impossible 4 back from May 2011 to December 16th 2011. Seeing as though filming has yet to begin, it would be a rush to meet its original date. We haven’t seen Ethan Hunt during the winter months before, as all the previous films have been summer blockbusters. It’s a bit of a risk, but Tom Cruise’s only competition so far is Alvin and the Chipmunks 3D, so he should be fine.

Earlier in the year we heard that The Incredibles director Brad Bird was top choice to direct, and Tom Cruise recently confirmed to Empire than Bird was their man.

“I don’t know if I’m allowed to talk about it but everything’s signed… Brad is doing it.”

“The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille – Brad is enormously talented and JJ and I are having a blast, cranking away,” Cruise continued. “We’re having a lot of fun. I like working with people I just love hanging out with. You get to hang out and laugh and talk stories and movies and technology: what are we going to do?”
Cruise said that Hot Fuzz director Edgar Wright was also considered, but he is currently busy finishing up Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

Source: Filmonic

Thanks jrs... I haven't even seen III yet... or if I did, I've totally forgotten it...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Semper Fooey
They call it Mission Impossible, but it's connection to the TV series is pretty remote.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Is there any need to make another? Im on the fence so far

They call it Mission Impossible, but it's connection to the TV series is pretty remote.
Well durrrr. It isn't supposed have any real connection. Except for that the characters in both the show and the movie both belong to the IMF team.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
This series could be the perfect example of overly hyped up hollywood trash.
I guess every star has to have his/her franchise........sigh......

I better get started on my yawning, then.

I haven't really seen any of these movies and I could care less about them. Tom Cruise should leave the planet via alien abduction.

Employee of the Month
He is surely a weirdo, but you have to admit he plays intensive. MI III
is also watchable only for Philip Seymour Hoffmann`s performance while playing Tom Cruise, who is playing P.S.H.

Part 1 prettiest female lead. Part 2 best action scenes (Hats off Mr Woo). Part 3 best villain

Watched all three films, I am not gonna miss this 4th one. Liked the action scenes and motorcycle stunts.

another one?? People still watch these?

Endangered Species
Mission Impossible 4 pushed back to December 2011, Brad Bird confirmed as director

In a surprising move Paramount has pushed Mission Impossible 4 back from May 2011 to December 16th 2011. Seeing as though filming has yet to begin, it would be a rush to meet its original date. We haven’t seen Ethan Hunt during the winter months before, as all the previous films have been summer blockbusters. It’s a bit of a risk, but Tom Cruise’s only competition so far is Alvin and the Chipmunks 3D, so he should be fine.

Earlier in the year we heard that The Incredibles director Brad Bird was top choice to direct, and Tom Cruise recently confirmed to Empire than Bird was their man.

Cruise said that Hot Fuzz director Edgar Wright was also considered, but he is currently busy finishing up Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

Source: Filmonic

Did you say Brad Bird???
Jeez, that could be good!!!

Rumor is that at the end of this fourth movie,
the franchise will self-destruct.

Endangered Species
Rumor is that at the end of this fourth movie,
the franchise will self-destruct.

Makes perfect sense.
All notions and ideas for future installments will dissolve from screenwriters' brains forever.