Leo Dicaprio as TEDDY ROOSEVELT?

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Honestly, I see this guy as one of the screen's greatest actors. I can't even keep a straight face when comparing somebody like Cillian Murphy or Ewan McGregor to him. I'm not trying to instigate conflict, this is just my honest opinion.
Hmm, ok, you're right about McGregor, I just tried to think of actors off the top of my head.

I do think Di Caprio has been unfairly maligned as an actor, which mostly seemed to be a backlash against his teen-heart-throb popularity after Romeo and Juliet (which I thought he was good in) and Titanic.

I just don't see a remarkable range in his acting. I certainly didn't think Catch Me If You Can was all that. But in fairness to DiCaprio and his supporters I promise to rent The Aviator.

Hmm, ok, you're right about McGregor, I just tried to think of actors off the top of my head.

I do think Di Caprio has been unfairly maligned as an actor, which mostly seemed to be a backlash against his teen-heart-throb popularity after Romeo and Juliet (which I thought he was good in) and Titanic.

I just don't see a remarkable range in his acting. I certainly didn't think Catch Me If You Can was all that. But in fairness to DiCaprio and his supporters I promise to rent The Aviator.
Please do, man. I'm sure you'll be impressed. And check out any of his pre-Titanic work that you haven't seen... it's all phenomenal. The fact that Robert De Niro was taken aback by his talent in This Boy's Life speaks volumes of its own. You should see DiCaprio and De Niro feeding off each other in that film. It's pretty incredible.

See the trailer here:

I'm kinda looking forward to this one... Anyone have any new news on it?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Leonardo Dicaprio>All
Dicaprio Can Do Anything! Ppl! Cmon

No offense to Mr. DiCaprio but I would think of someone else for the part. I don't know that he can play boomy, of the Earth, almost mountain man.

No offense to Mr. DiCaprio but I would think of someone else for the part. I don't know that he can play boomy, of the Earth, almost mountain man.

Do you mean acting wise or size wise?

Both I guess. I just can't picture it.

Both I guess. I just can't picture it.
When I first heard Leo was going to do it, I thought about Teddy when he was older... but then I looked at pictures of him when he was younger, which is when I understand the film will be about, and he really wasn't that big of a guy at all... Did you look at the picture of Teddy I posted on the first page?

I've never been a big Leo fan but his last few movies have made me take another look at him... and I honestly think he can pull it off. Anyway, I'm looking forward to finding out...

It's not a size thing. I think in my mind he seems too refined to play someone so land oriented. I know he's the "greenest" actor in Hollywood but he doesn't strike me as a farm/rancher/hunter type and I don't know if he can act it. I like him just not sure how that will work.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
I agree, can you honestly see Di Caprio saying "I'm gonna go out hunting and shoot me some deer! After that we'll make war plans for killing all those damn Spanairds down in the Carribean!"

Really, I think he is a good actor, but unless he completely transforms himself I'll have a hard time stifiling back laughter at his attempts at Teddy Roosevelt.

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

I agree, can you honestly see Di Caprio saying "I'm gonna go out hunting and shoot me some deer! After that we'll make war plans for killing all those damn Spanairds down in the Carribean!"

Did Roosevelt really say that? 'Cause I'm really having a hard time picturing it. Didn't he graduate from Harvard... with honors?

Yes he did graduate Harvard with honors. He was still very woodsy. He kept ponies in the White House for his kids.

Yes he did graduate Harvard with honors. He was still very woodsy. He kept ponies in the White House for his kids.
And being "woodsy" and the keeping of ponies would affect his intelligence?

I'm not trying to be mean, but I keep getting the impression that just because Roosevelt enjoyed nature and wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty working his ranch... that, that has somehow reduced him to some kind of backward bumpkin to some people...

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
I didn't mean for him to be "stupid", although looking back I guess I did, hehe. I'm just trying to make the point that Leonardo DiCaprio is probably who I'd say if someone said "name the opposite of a woodsy-outdoors man"

He just doesn't fit that at all.

And being "woodsy" and the keeping of ponies would affect his intelligence?

I'm not trying to be mean, but I keep getting the impression that just because Roosevelt enjoyed nature and wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty working his ranch... that, that has somehow reduced him to some kind of backward bumpkin to some people...

That hasn't been said at all. I am a camper and hiker so don't get all upset your DiCaprio is getting critiqued and pass it off on me personally.

Really, I think he is a good actor, but unless he completely transforms himself I'll have a hard time stifiling back laughter at his attempts at Teddy Roosevelt.
Leo sold me as guy that could handle himself in Blood Diamond. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm really looking forward to this movie. An epic, mainstream Teddy Roosevelt movie is long overdue.

Originally Posted by champagnesque[URL
Big, burly, booming, mustachioed Teddy Roosevelt? Thoughts, anyone?
Hot.

When the hell is this going to come out?
Like I said before, there's no reason to believe that Leo can't handle this part.
According to IMDb it's not coming out until 2011... but it seems like it was originally scheduled to be released this year... wonder what happened...

I am having a nervous breakdance
It's all about the mustache, the glasses and the haircut really, isn't it.

And look at this picture...

Why shouldn't Leo be able to play that guy?

Since Revolutionary Road, I consider myself a big Leo fan. He is indeed a great actor and I think we have not even seen his best work yet.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.