Is Leonardo DiCaprio the best actor in the world RIGHT NOW?

Tools    

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Yeah, sorry but no, he's got promise, but best? He wouldn't even be in my top fifteen, as others have said

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Edit in: Looking at his film history, why does he seem to be in so many "Historical" or films based on actual events?

Aviator
Titanic
Gangs
Blood Diamond
Iron Mask
Catch Me if You Can

The list goes on to include a few films yet to be released.
Also on that list would be The Basketball Diaries in which he plays Jim Carroll.

I just made an avatar that goes along with this thread and my decision.

Having just seen Blood Diamond, I can easily say he shouldn't even be capable of sniffing anyone's Top 50 list. His attempt at an accent is as convincing as Shannon Elizabeth's was in American Pie.

http://www.sizzlequiz.com/SelectFreeGame.aspx?c=Movies

No, he's good but Christian Bale is better.

lol nope
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

Leonardo Dicaprio>All
Yes he is, by far. He is the king of this generation

Yes, he is. In my opinion.

See the trailer here:

No.

Sean Penn
Daniel Day Lewis

Are just two of many that come to mind who are "better" performers than he is.

He's a good actor, but he does tend to give quite samey performances, especially over the past couple of years.

Depp, Bale, Penn are good but quite frankly no one tops

Anarchist within reason
In my opinion no but he's definately up there with the best but of course it is only a matter of opinion. He faces real competition from,

Sean Penn,
Sam Rockwell,
Kevin Bacon,
Dustin Hoffman,
Johnny Depp,

His last great performance for me was The Departed and he was very good in Blood Diamond and Body of Lies not to mention his excellent younger performances in Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape

He's still young enough though where he could fit more great performances into his career though and push himself more and I'm waiting to see how he does in Shutter Island
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

Leonardo is easily one of the best actors out there. I would put him in the same category as following actors listed below.

Russell Crowe
Anthony Hopkins
Daniel Day Lewis
John Hurt
Cate Blanchett
Robert Duvall
Mickey Rourke
Tim Roth
Robert Downey Jr.
Tommy Lee Jones
Gary Oldman
Benicio Del Toro
Jeff Bridges
William Hurt
Johny Depp
David Thewlis

So, he may not be the best – but they don’t really get any better.

Best performances (that I have seen from him)

What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)
Catch Me If You Can (2002)
Gangs Of New York (2002)
The Aviator (2004)
Blood Diamond (2006) personally I am not familiar with a Rhodesian accent, so I have no idea how accurate his attempt is. That counts for about 5% of his performance anyway. He was totally believable in this part, in my opinion.
The Departed (2006)
Body Of Lies (2008)

I think he will go on to be remembered as one of the greatest actors of all time.

Best Actor? - well, this guy can do anything.

There is no one like Russell Crowe.

“ … and they worry when I play a sissy game, like rugby.” Russell.