Random Film Thoughts

Tools    

I never got why Hulk was so criticised. The graphics worked, the editing was unique and interesting, the characters were developed and well acted and the final battle was great. The only downfall was the mutant dogs, but i can't think of any superhero movies where they train or fight against henchmen/dogs opposed to the main baddie, so considering that aspect i liked it. When i saw it at the cinema i rated it above Spiderman and X-Men and still rate it highly, poss in top 5 comic book movies.

When i saw it at the cinema i rated it above Spiderman and X-Men and still rate it highly, poss in top 5 comic book movies.

Yeah- i would put it in my top five comic book movies too.

Unfortunately, that just isnt saying too much. Spiderman was the only really good comic book movie.

Hulk is a great movie. Everything about it is perfect. And Hulk does fight the main baddie in the last scenes of the movie. Which is a cool sequence as well.

Yeh, know he does, meant midway through the film fights.

I really don't get why Spiderman is so loved, is it as a film or in regard to the comics. It's a great film sure but don't think it's excellent.

I like films with silences in. Although oddly enough, silent films rarely have silences.

Ooooh, deeeep. Am i supposed to start snapping my fingers?

Anyway im going on a long hike today- but when i get back- its a magnificent-mini-Miyazaki-marathon with Castle In the Sky, Princess Mononoke, and the magical Spirited Away. I might be writing my Honors Thesis on Contemporary Japanese Cinema. We'll see.

I'm really looking forward to the next BatMan Movie.

crazed out movie freak
It is weird that I thought the film Hard Candy was well done?

Is that like your third year dissertation or a Masters?
4th year undergrad thesis. It's not required, but it would allow me to graduate with honors and thus get some extra $$$ for graduate school.

But im a big nerd, so i'll probably enjoy writing a 40 page thesis on any film topic of my choice. Not bad, eh?

Two of my buddies just got high paying, low-level positions in writing development in Hollywood. They both graduated from the film school at Chapman.

Even though i have an entire year left, i am totally jealous. I know that I dont ever want to move to LA, ever, but if i did they could get me a good job.

Oh well. I've been singing Sinatra's 'My Way' for years now. Guess it's time to own up to it.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I've changed my tune a bit on Hitchcock flicks.

I now would say I...

Love Psycho
Really like North by Northwest and Vertigo
Don't like Rear Window.

Oh well...

I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers.
Gandhi was right: We're above the mob!

Movie Forums Critic
The 300 is still the best epic of today, or am I mistaken...

ciao

There used to be a trailer thingie for Moviefone or something that had a gag where deviled eggs had replaced popcorn as the in-theater snack of choice. I absolutely love popcorn and eat it at least five days a week, but I must confess if the movie theaters around here started offering deviled eggs at the concession stand, I'd buy them.
Have you yet been to one of those theaters where they also serve meals? Pick entres and salads from a menu which they bring to your table. First time I tried it, they delivered our meal just as they were running the preview for How to Eat Fried Worms. Obviously they'll need to work on elimination of gross-out scenes, just like airlines prefer not to show inflight movies about plane crashes.

I've changed my tune a bit on Hitchcock flicks.

I now would say I...

Love Psycho
Really like North by Northwest and Vertigo
Don't like Rear Window.

Oh well...
Come on man! Rear Window is the best use of Hitchcock's voyeur style! I love that film. Why didn't you like it?

See the trailer here:

I know I well past the targeted age-group for most of the current films, but it's becoming more obvious in movie titles. Take for instance a movie about a couple who have a one-night stand, the girl gets pregnant, and they spend the rest of the movie learning about each other and finally falling love. It was a great romantic film as Love With the Proper Stranger. But take the same sort of story and call it Knocked UP, and I'll be damned if I'll waste money on it.