Movies Endings...

Tools    

Dont you HATE when you're watching a
Wonderful movie, and it has the worst ending?!

Example: The Ending of "The Boogyman" , he opened
the window to let some light in...that doesnt tell how he
ends up.

Give me some movies that do the same thing,
they have a horrible ending.

crazed out movie freak
I know we have many that love this movie, but I don't care. The end of Unbreakable was absolute GARBAGE!!! You gotta dig the typed out life summaries at the end. I mean come on, did they run out of money or just say this heap has gone on long enough. Sorry to freak out, but I just wasn't impressed, because what had the potential to be a great movie was an absolutely tank job in my opinion.

"Die Another Day" was already borderline cheese, but when Bond and Minx fall out the butt of a crashing 747 in a helicopter and (contrary to any physical possibility) get it to start in a dead fall, I realized how much I preferred watching grass grow to wasting time on BS movies like it.

A system of cells interlinked
I know we have many that love this movie, but I don't care. The end of Unbreakable was absolute GARBAGE!!! You gotta dig the typed out life summaries at the end. I mean come on, did they run out of money or just say this heap has gone on long enough. Sorry to freak out, but I just wasn't impressed, because what had the potential to be a great movie was an absolutely tank job in my opinion.
No, it IS a great movie, first frame to last. Sorry, not sure what you missed, but, the ending was just right for this technically brilliant and wonderfully realized film. Oh well, your loss!

"Do you see any Teletubbies in here? Do you see a slender plastic tag clipped to my shirt with my name printed on it? Do you see a little Asian child with a blank expression on his face sitting outside on a mechanical helicopter that shakes when you put quarters in it? No? Well, that's what you see at a toy store. And you must think you're in a toy store, because you're here shopping for an infant named Jeb."

Its not rape if its DEAD
No, it IS a great movie, first frame to last. Sorry, not sure what you missed, but, the ending was just right for this technically brilliant and wonderfully realized film. Oh well, your loss!

"Do you see any Teletubbies in here? Do you see a slender plastic tag clipped to my shirt with my name printed on it? Do you see a little Asian child with a blank expression on his face sitting outside on a mechanical helicopter that shakes when you put quarters in it? No? Well, that's what you see at a toy store. And you must think you're in a toy store, because you're here shopping for an infant named Jeb."
I totally agree with you. Unbreakable is a Superb movie from credit to credit."

WARNING: "Unbreakable" spoilers below
They call me Mr.Glass" and as the director intended i was shocked at the realization that He was the villain!!

What a great story. Not to mention I'm a HUGE comic book fan so....

Points for gutsiness with this opinion, to be sure, but I'd have to agree with Sedai here; I love Unbreakable, and consider it one of my favorite films of all-time.

So many things set it apart from the other movies I see, most prominently its pacing. It is slow without being boring. It is slow in a way that expresses confidence in where its going to take you, and -- in typical Night fashion -- in a way that builds tension. And the score...wow.

One of the other things about it that stands out, to me, is how each shot grows in meaning over multiple viewings. At first, there are a few stand-out frames that are obviously very deliberate, and the rest just flows naturally. But watching it again and again, it becomes more obvious each time that every shot was treated with the utmost care.

Night is obviously a very deliberate filmmaker, but I've always felt that Unbreakable got a bit more attention from him than his other efforts. It is his most polished work, and certainly the best superhero origin story I've ever seen. It's one of the first films I actually bothered to analyze on any sort of meaningful level, and the one that made me a fan of Night's, as well.

So, to each their own, of course, but I adore Unbreakable and never tire of watching it.

crazed out movie freak
Yeah I guess I would never get sick of that kid crying at everything...lol

crazed out movie freak
Every time you turn around that kid was crying

A system of cells interlinked
No, he wasn't. There are a grand total of two scenes where the kid breaks down, and, he has a good reason for it. At the heart of the film resides the broken family situation. Our hero's journey of acceptance plays out in multiple arenas, and fixing his broken family is really what the whole thing is about, as far as I am concerned. The gun scene where Joseph breaks down is well played, and quite necessary, IMO. I mean, if all the histrionics didn't play well for you, that's fine, as some people just don't like, well, drama. I mean, maybe that's the issue. The film is a drama, and perhaps you weren't expecting a drama going in?

No, he wasn't. There are a grand total of two scenes where the kid breaks down, and, he has a good reason for it. At the heart of the film resides the broken family situation. Our hero's journey of acceptance plays out in multiple arenas, and fixing his broken family is really what the whole thing is about, as far as I am concerned. The gun scene where Joseph breaks down is well played, and quite necessary, IMO. I mean, if all the histrionics didn't play well for you, that's fine, as some people just don't like, well, drama. I mean, maybe that's the issue. The film is a drama, and perhaps you weren't expecting a drama going in?

Raarh. Mate, you're actually making me want to watch Unbreakable again! I thought it was decent when I watched it, but didn't really analyse it. I was only about 17 when I first watched it. I'll definitely be watching that again very soon.

As far as endings goes...well, yeah, there a lot of films that are pretty damn good entire their finales (and no Sedai, The Prestige is not one of them ) but there a few films that have a great beginning, middle AND end....but not necessarily in that order.

Memento is a PRIME example of this. The ending of Nolan's masterpiece is almost breathtaking. Even if you're one of those who is more than familiar with the classic unreliable narrator technique, it still packs a punch and I found it emotionally haunting. It's a beautifully done ending; In a morbid sense, of course.

But for those who are sick of me praising Nolan's films, i'll briefly mention that I really liked the ending to Pulp Fiction. I like how it all comes together at the end and it forces you to construct the narrative in it's chronological order. Plus, it's probably the best scene Samuel L 'Mother****ing' Jackson has done in his life.

Speaking of Night, the ending to 'The Village' left a bad taste in mouth. 'Signs' also had a real cheese filled scene at the end as well. You have this alien that doesn't have the strength to break a window, or knock down a pantry door with a chair in front of it yet he can withstand mutliple cracks to the head by a baseball bat, not to mention the strength to jump on top of a two story house.

I liked both movies, but they could have been a heck of a lot better. I guess the same can be said of most flicks.

Most of Japanese horror movie had a bad ending like Grudge, until it's end the movie did not give solution on how they can control the ghost or how they can avoid it....

Lost in never never land
A movie with a terrible ending, I thought, was The Number 23. The film prior to the last half hour was pretty good, with some great film noir scenes, but the ending was extremely forced as they tried to make it into a pseudo happy ending (or as I like to call it a "Hollywood ending").
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity