29 votes
Other
40.94%
52 votes
None
127 votes. You may not vote on this poll

You ready? You look ready.
What ya gonna do??
I'm going to find a dark corner and cry, of course.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A question for Roman Catholics.

I was baptized in the Roman Catholic church. I had First Communion, Confirmation... does this mean I am always a Roman Catholic unless I convert to another religion? You see, I was forced into this religion by my parents and no longer want to be in it, or any religion for that matter. I don't say that I am a member of any religion, but am I whether I want to be or not? Or is there some process I go through to get out of the Roman Catholic church? Or am I out because I don't believe and no longer practice?

I was baptized in the Roman Catholic church. I had First Communion, Confirmation... does this mean I am always a Roman Catholic unless I convert to another religion? You see, I was forced into this religion by my parents and no longer want to be in it, or any religion for that matter. I don't say that I am a member of any religion, but am I whether I want to be or not? Or is there some process I go through to get out of the Roman Catholic church? Or am I out because I don't believe and no longer practice?
If I had to say anything, I'd say the last one makes the most logical sense. Of course, the track record on Roman Catholics hasn't been very logical.

If I had to say anything, I'd say the last one makes the most logical sense. Of course, the track record on Roman Catholics hasn't been very logical.
It sounds logical, but I do know that if you haven't been to mass in awhile and start going again you are back in the religion. So it would also make sense that I have to go through some sort of ritual to get out completely. My brother got married in a Pentecostal church and was told he is no longer a Roman Catholic.

It sounds logical, but I do know that if you haven't been to mass in awhile and start going again you are back in the religion. So it would also make sense that I have to go through some sort of ritual to get out completely. My brother got married in a Pentecostal church and was told he is no longer a Roman Catholic.
That's why the Catholic church can brag about such huge numbers, they make it very difficult to get out of it. Really, you're not Catholic if you say you're not Catholic. I'm sorry you got forced into something that's pretty life changing. That's one thing that really bugs me about extremists, they make their children feel like there's no choice.

You are out when i fill in forms and it asks religion I just put none I don't think the Catholic church would want me back

crazed out movie freak
That's one thing that really bugs me about extremists, they make their children feel like there's no choice.
Choice in what? Not being any religion besides theres?

crazed out movie freak
Well then I think that has to do with parenting skills, and not being an extremest.

Tis a bit funny, I have not gone to church in a long while; I cannot remember ever going to church with my children, however, most of them attend church regularly and I applaude them for it. Go figure .

The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

crazed out movie freak
very tasteless, and offensive

Oh, come on. Anyone who pretends not to see how that could be offensive is playing dumb.

It's a goofy and colloquial representation of something many people consider to be highly serious. Wouldn't you expect a reaction if you put a purple feathered fedora on Buddha, too?

I'm not playing dumb - I AM dumb...

I just don't see why someone would be offended by that. Now if Jesus was giving the middle finger I would understand.

Well, I'm certainly not calling anyone dumb. It's just obvious to me, I suppose. I'll give it another try: it takes something very serious and important to some people, and makes it very goofy. If you can understand why some Native Americans find the Cleveland Indians logo offensive, then you can understand why some Christians find the "Buddy Jesus" images offensive.

Really, making light of a somber subject is the entire point. There's nothing humorous about it if you take away the underlying seriousness. It is the outrageousness, and the contrast between the serious events and their cartoonish depiction, that creates the humor here. Hence, Raz saying it's tasteless, and both Pimp and John concluding that that's why it's funny.

So is a picture of a laughing Jesus offensive? I was told it is but then I saw a picture of a laughing Jesus outside the church across the street.