Random Film Thoughts

Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Maybe you'll end out liking her and so you should keep doing it.

That would be my rationalization anyway.

I'd rather die than stop eating popcorn.

Seriously.
What type of popcorn do you like better, with butter, or without butter? For me, I prefer with butter because it gives that cheesy taste and I love it.

I never put butter on my popcorn. Neither real or artificial butter. Not at home or at the movie theatre. I do like lots of salt, but never butter. I'll use some brewer's yeast now and again, but mostly just salt.

I don't do microwave popcorn, either (well, rarely). I like to pop my own in vegetable oil. Divine.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Interesting how on this poster, there are four people (I'm excluding the fisherman, which appears to be just an outfit) who show just their faces and maybe a little neck (more so on Brandy) but Jennifer Love Hewitt shows her face and BREASTS. Also note the hook coming after her breasts, about to slice them off. Interesting advertising. Cleavage on poster = more tickets sold, they're probably figuring.

As for popcorn, I'm not big on eating it. It isn't just because I'm a cheapskate and don't wanna spend $6 on a bag. I really just don't care for it. Although I'm starting to crave some now... a little bit, maybe.

crazed out movie freak
I'm talking about how they painted life in suburbia. The way the people are, the storylines, it's all realistic and it's all gold.
So then would you consider the movie Kids realistic or extreme?

The last three movies I have watched, have men masturbating do I need to see this

crazed out movie freak
What the heck have you been watching?

crazed out movie freak
haven't seen either yet, unfortunately

crazed out movie freak
Never actually seen Kids
Now thats a film with some reality.

Jason rented Black Hawk Down (2001, Ridley Scott), Glory (1989, Edward Zwick) and On The Outs (2004, Lori Silverbush and Michael Skolnik)

I don't know which to watch first. I have a feeling I will choose Glory.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I own Glory, but have never seen it, Black Hawk Down is OK, but seems like it ends out spinning it's wheels and I've never seen On the Outs.

Pleasantville was...pleasant. I loved it.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I think Bjork singing 'My Favourite Things' from The Sound of Music in Dancer in the Dark when she is in the prison cell is the best use of a song from another movie in a movie. If I could think of any more examples, I would make a thread, but I can't so it goes here.

crazed out movie freak
You guys are mean to the newbies, but since you guys started I might as well join the fun. I really wish they would make a movie based on the life of Col. Sanders. I bet that would be awesome. Who could we get to star in the film?