Other
40.94%
52 votes
None
127 votes. You may not vote on this poll

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Golgot
I agree with you there JM.

And i agree with you that their 'it's a 100% sinful' attitude is ****e.

But...

Just coz they're wrong on Africa (and they pretty much are) doesn't mean they're 100% wrong all told.

Finding a middle ground where you can discuss things is normally better than going completely gung-ho
Yes, I agree. But like I said, I was specifically talking about the situation in Africa.

I don't agree that deeming condoms acceptable would make children more prone to sexual activity. Think of it like this, is most of the country [USA] Catholic? If so, then yes deeming them acceptable would probably be bad. But really, there's no threat to the teenagers virginity in America if they allow condom use.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by John McClane
But really, there's no threat to the teenagers virginity in America if they allow condom use.
The broadest studies available (mentioned in that article) suggest otherwise. That's all i was saying. The girls are wrong to state that condom-advocation is 100% wrong. You probably wrong to say it's '100% right' (on it's own).

Part of standing up to religious dogma is having to deal with the stats (on the frequent occasions when they won't )

The broadest studies available (mentioned in that article) suggest otherwise. That's all i was saying. The girls are wrong to state that condom-advocation is 100% wrong. You might be wrong if you're saying it's '100% right' (on it's own).

Part of standing up to religious dogma is having to deal with the stats
I don't think "use a condom" is going to stop sex if that's what you mean. I think proper instruction of birth control methods and teaching of abstinence will work.

And that link didn't work.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by John McClane
I don't think "use a condom" is going to stop sex if that's what you mean. I think proper instruction of birth control methods and teaching of abstinence will work.

And that link didn't work.
That's what the article concludes - a combination of the two approaches works best at limiting STDs (altho not loss of virginity - as you seemed to suggest earlier ).

(It's a good factual article if you can get it by other means incidentally - damn thing's supposed to be free access).

In that case, i'd just reiterate - don't call your mates 'idiots' and they might just listen to more of what you've got to say

That's what the article concludes - a combination of the two approaches works best at limiting STDs (not loss of virginity ). (It's a good factual article if you can get it by other means incidentally - damn thing's supposed to be free access).

In that case, i'd just reiterate - don't call your mates 'idiots' and they might just listen to you
I'd be happy to link you to the blog I wrote. You'll discover exactly why they got mad. I'm a lot meaner in my writing then my speech. I'll PM it to you.

I never said she was stupid.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Possibly Christian, but I think I was converted by one of those internet scare stories about someone's vision of hell. Plus my mum made me go to church when I was younger.

Whatever I do believe in, it wasn't out of choice that's for sure. And yet, it's not something I can simply turn off either.

Thinking hurt my brain.

Catholic, but rarely attend mass

I am slowly embracing calling myself an agnostic, but I don't know if that truly is what I am or what I should call myself. I believe there might be life after death... I believe there might not be. From all of the hard evidence that I have seen - not imagined, not thought of, but seen - life after death looks silly and impossible.

Besides all the crap there is in life to deal with, what's with the death process? I know this is something religious and spiritual people ignore, but death is disgusting and morbid. I can't truly find beauty in it. I am very squeamish about looking at real death. Last year, I checked out a disturbing magazine called Shock, which featured photos of a man's head decomposing in a matter of death. He turned all black and slimy, worms were laying eggs in his nose, soon they were covered all over his head, and then it turned to a skull. I had trouble eating meat for awhile after this. It was so disgusting. I had to throw the magazine away fast so I'd never see it again.

These things disturb me (and they're not just little things - it happens to everything alive) and truly make me thing about the whole concept of life after death. You mean to tell me that I'm just gonna exit my body upon death and not have to stick around for the whole decomposition? That I'll be free and go to some beautiful place?

Why did God make such a disgusting, freakish place for us to inhabit? Yeah, there's a lot of good things you can experience in life - for some people. But there's also A LOT of bad. Yeah, it's a "miracle" we exist at all and have evolved and all that - but are we the only ones? Is the Rare Earth theory true? What's with space being so dark and lonely? What's with the other planets in the solar system being so devoid of life? If you say this is all just a test, why does there need to be a test? Why does God need to care about everything and everybody in the first place? Especially if he can't even make the world and the universe more manageable, more comfortable?

Life is tough... the world is sickening... the universe is dark and cold. We are propelled to make it more comfortable for ourselves. To wait until a beautiful afterlife? Would it really be *that* beautiful?

I can see why people hope... I can see why people choose to have faith... I can see why people feel God exists solely because we're here, there's something instead of nothing, I am me, I am not you, how can that be, why is it true?

But I can also see the hard reality that death looks... like, the end. There are such things as endings. A movie ends. Even if it has a sequel, the sequel ends. I don't remember anything before my beginning. A spiritual person might say, "Oh, that's because God made you forget about why you came here, your past life" etc. But these are all just theories. They sound like fantasy. They sound like coping mechanisms.

We should all truly appreciate each other more (if we're good people) and remember to say "I love you" to someone we do because we really may not get another chance to if something happened to them and they died. We may not see them again in person. People who hate agnostics and atheists need to just shut the F up because at least we're here to tell you, Look - death is extinction. As long as you're alive, you won't see someone who's died in person ever. APPRECIATE SOMEONE YOU LOVE WHO'S ALIVE!

We've had all of these wars where anyone religious will just kill people left and right, like it's a video game. They don't think about it. Their mothers at home, their girlfriends, their boyfriends, their wives, their husbands... grieving in sorrow for their loved one who was just killed unnecessarily. George Bush keeps sending people over to fight in the war and won't let others come home. They just want to be with their loved ones. Most people don't even understand what death is. They think it's so temporary. So what if I get shot and die? According to John Edward, I'll just cross over. Then my girlfriend can get tickets to be on his show, he'll explain to her that I'm still around and she can feel my energy and love pouring forth from the other side. She'll accept this and move on. Alright, I'm ready to die... FOR MY COUNTRY!!! You're dying for nobody. Unless you had some lunatic father who told you to go out there and die to make him proud... That's another sick, sad belonging of the world - mental illness.

Very good post Sexy Celebrity. I really don't know where to begin. I agree with you that the world is, generally, a bad place. However, I think we (mankind) could help prevent and stop a lot of the bad. There will always be "evil", unfortunely. It's just our power to stop it is immense.

You're all a bunch of satanists. I only drink holy water cause it has the most electrolytes and taste better than that tap crap.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Native American spiritualist....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

crazed out movie freak
Is this thread finally done? Just when I wanted to get some more negative feedback.

Is this thread finally done? Just when I wanted to get some more negative feedback.
Oh, it's never done. In fact, this topic has moved to the Shoutbox as of, say, the last few months.

crazed out movie freak
Yeah I was around when this one got started. It has been a hot button.

crazed out movie freak
What ya gonna do??

"I believe in science!" - Nacho Libre

That's the only part I remember from that movie. Oh yeah, eating toast too. Wait, there's also this feeling that says, even though I only fully remember two funny parts there's a third feeling that says the whole thing sucked.

I like religion but it should be a choice.