Books you'd like to see as movies

Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I hope this hasn't already been made

But anyway, just as the title says, have you ever read a book that you thought was absolutely perfect and would love to see on the big screen?

I remember I read Where The Heart Is before the movie came out and I really liked it, and then when I found out Natalie Portman was going to make the movie, I was so excited. But it still wasn't as good as the book itself. I guess that would be the sucky thing about seeing your favorites books on the big screen, they most likely won't live up to your expectations.

But anyway, one of my favorite books, She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. I would love to see that as a movie! It has a great storyline and awesome character development and dialouge it most likely wouldn't be nearly as good as the book but I would still love to see it.

Any contributors?

I really can't wait for Ender's Game to be a movie.

Movie Forums Member
Hi all,

Since the topic is here, I'd like to see the book "Prey" by Micheal Crichton into a film...

Its about some nano bots that kill, a fresher idea on the Terminator movies.....

edit: The special effects alone would be worth it......

I know it's already in production, but I cannot wait to the Da Vinci Code. Movies are never as good as the book, but I am anxious to see how this book will be adapted.

I find this a difficult topic really as alot of books that I have read have eventually made there way or are on there way to becoming movies. To be quite honest most of them have not been great and if anything spoil the book slightly as if you reread a fave book and you have seen the film you can't help but stew on what you saw and start to picture that whilst reading.

However enough of my ranting I would like to see the book Tell No One by Harlen Coben made into a film as this was extremely good.

I would like to see Terry Brooks' Shannara series (which is a series of fantasy books, in the same genre as the Lord of the Rings) make it to the big screen.

I grew up with these books, and they are completely off the charts. All of them would make a great movie. The series could even be compiled into a trilogy.

I highly recommend these books to all.

God Dont like Ugly -Mary Monroe
God Still Dont Like Ugly- Mary Monroe
Harlem Girl Lost
Little Black Girl Lost
Street Dreams

And many more

Where's my Vodka Martini
I'd like to see Raymond Bensons High Time To Kill. It's a James Bond novel. If it was made it would be similar to The Eiger Sanction.

"There's only one airbag in this car......and it's on my side"

history *is* moralizing
MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN and hehe my dream's coming true next year, and even better than that, it'll be my fave Edward Norton as main actor AND director!!!!!!!! wow, just wow. can't wait.

You see I have a problem here. I'd trying to be a director and there's always that feeling of if I do make it big I'd love to make this book or that book into a film.

The books I would like to see as a film would be the Broken Sky Series. But of course I want the whole would to wait until I make it big and then allow me to make it myself

I also agree with Prey mentioned above. I would have also said Timeline but that has already been made.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
God is a Bullet by Boston Terran. Dark gothic/santanic cult kidnapping thriller, not the happiest book I've ever read, but I couldn't put it down. Great to see Frank Miller do some directing on Sin City. The writers of books should be a part of any movie tie-in, this is why so many great books have spawned poor movies. Director's vision is not always faithfull to the original material or vision of the writer.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

If it could be done right, with a director who could handle the chaos, I'd like to see Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle. I could see Terry Gilliam handling it pretty well.

Satan: His psychoanalysis and cure by the unfortunate Dr. Kasslar. J.S.P.S

- Jeremy Leven

The Prometheus Deception by Robert Ludlum

The Matarese Circle and Deception (2 seperate books) by Robert Ludlum

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Pimp by Iceberg Slim. There have been so many rumours that this is going to be made, the last one involved Ice Cube, please God no, IMO it's got to be Larry Fishburne, he's around the right age and is easily one of the best actors of his generation. HE IS ICEBERG SLIM, please make the movie with him.

I'd like to see Dragonlance Chronicles; or even David Eddings's Belgariad and Malloreon. (though not in the near future , .... I'd like to see if someone's up to the challenge of topping if not at least living up to Lord of the Rings)

Welcome to the human race...
Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It's a heavily occult book that deals with angels, demons, witches, witch-finders, the Four Horsemen and the 11-year-old Antichrist. This would be great.

Waiting Period - Hubert Selby Jr
Gateway - Frederik Pohl
Ubik - Philip K Dick