MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

I sympathise mate. We had a couple of days over 40C here last year (highest ever recorded for UK) and, as I said, this is a country built to keep things warm, not cool. Try buying a fan in a good summer in the UK. I always tell people to get one in the spring if we think it's going to be a hot summer. No one has AC here (not literally no one of course, but I don't and never have known someone with it in their home) and the houses are brick and insulated (though not well enough) and most peoples homes are decorated/designed with keeping heat in mind. Once it gets past about 25C+ I'll just be sat in front of a fan doing nothing and trying to go nowhere for the most part.
Wow! I had no idea that places in the UK could get to be 40c (104 Fahrenheit). Where about are you in the UK? Are such high temp the norm? In 2021 we had the hottest day ever were I live and that sure isn't normal.
https://www.washington.edu/uwem/2021...ne-__-__-2021/

Once it gets past about 25C+ I'll just be sat in front of a fan doing nothing and trying to go nowhere for the most part.
That’s about 80 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s what we have today & it’s just perfect. My perfect temp range would be between 65 & 85 degrees. 85 being perfect. I can live with 90 fairly easily, but anything above is exponentially tricky.

That’s about 80 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s what we have today & it’s just perfect. My perfect temp range would be between 65 & 85 degrees. 85 being perfect. I can live with 90 fairly easily, but anything above is exponentially tricky.
But you have AC right? Try living without AC in 90

Yeah I'm NOT looking forward to hot summer weather. I don't have an AC cooled house and the AC in my vehicle broke...so yeah sweating bullets in the upper 90s sucks!

Eeks!

Wow! I had no idea that places in the UK could get to be 40c (104 Fahrenheit). Where about are you in the UK? Are such high temp the norm? In 2021 we had the hottest day ever were I live and that sure isn't normal.
https://www.washington.edu/uwem/2021...ne-__-__-2021/
I'm in the south east of England, which is often the warmer area of the UK, but anything over 30 used to be almost unheard of (officially over C30 that is, if you put a thermometre outside and left it on a very hot day, it'd probably go over that more often) I think I'm right in saying that on the day it was 40C the previous record was broken in about 10 other places, which shows that it wasn't one freak event in a small area. If you look at the 10 hottest recorded days in the UK they're all in England and 7 of the 10 are in the last 20 years and only one is before 1990. In other words, like most places, the freak weather events have become more extreme and what used to be extreme have become more normal. The infrastructure of the country isn't built for it either, with train cancellations increasing during the summers now due to the rails bending in the heat because the steel used isn't made to be that temperature (because it did used to be a freak event.) A similar thing is happening with the tarmac on the roads, which melts in places. We had wild fires last summer too, for the first time I can remember.

It's too hot for me, but not to the extent I don't want to do anything, especially if there's a breeze.

I'm in the south east of England, which is often the warmer area of the UK, but anything over 30 used to be almost unheard of (officially over C30 that is, if you put a thermometre outside and left it on a very hot day, it'd probably go over that more often) I think I'm right in saying that on the day it was 40C the previous record was broken in about 10 other places, which shows that it wasn't one freak event in a small area. If you look at the 10 hottest recorded days in the UK they're all in England and 7 of the 10 are in the last 20 years and only one is before 1990. In other words, like most places, the freak weather events have become more extreme and what used to be extreme have become more normal. The infrastructure of the country isn't built for it either, with train cancellations increasing during the summers now due to the rails bending in the heat because the steel used isn't made to be that temperature (because it did used to be a freak event.) A similar thing is happening with the tarmac on the roads, which melts in places. We had wild fires last summer too, for the first time I can remember..
Same story here. We've broken all kinds of weather records in the last 20 years. I was born here near Seattle Washington, USA...but the climate is much drier with pronounced droughts in summer and way hotter. Crazy stuff.

I don't do spokesperson gigs. I watch movies, I say if I like them I say if I don't, but ultimately my opinions are not important and it makes no difference. I'm not a film expert, so go ask a critic or hire your own spokesperson.

If out of all of the people in the world my attention is that valuable to you, then you shouldn't have an issue paying me for it.

(this message is for the invisible guy with special requests)

But you have AC right? Try living without AC in 90
Not really. In my entire Victorian there is a single a/c unit that is only put in place in the master bedroom when his nibs is ready & he will not have any more in the house. In the height of the summer I can open the bedroom door & be almost knocked over by the heat coming up the stairs. But I never complain about hot weather since I hate to be cold.

Not really. In my entire Victorian there is a single a/c unit that is only put in place in the master bedroom when his nibs is ready & he will not have any more in the house. In the height of the summer I can open the bedroom door & be almost knocked over by the heat coming up the stairs. But I never complain about hot weather since I hate to be cold.
Ah, I see. My wife's mother is like that, hates the cold so much that she moved to Arizona. For me Arizona is a nice place to visit but you can't really go outside in the desert areas during summer....unless it's night or early, early morning.

Ah, I see. My wife's mother is like that, hates the cold so much that she moved to Arizona. For me Arizona is a nice place to visit but you can't really go outside in the desert areas during summer....unless it's night or early, early morning.
I couldn’t deal with it that hot. Like I said before a low of 65 & a high of 85 is perfect IMO.

Same story here. We've broken all kinds of weather records in the last 20 years. I was born here near Seattle Washington, USA...but the climate is much drier with pronounced droughts in summer and way hotter. Crazy stuff.

Here In Pennsylvania the climate changie has done the most amazing thing (at least in the past several years). It has made the Philadelphia area comfortable. We used to have a number of blizzards every winter and gruelingly hot and humid summers. Now we don't have snow and I can't remember the last time we had temperatures in the hundreds. It has been lovely though it may now be getting hotter in the summer. We shall see.

Here In Pennsylvania the climate change has done the most amazing thing (at least in the past several years). It has made the Philadelphia area comfortable. We used to have a number of blizzards every winter and gruelingly hot and humid summers. Now we don't have snow and I can't remember the last time we had temperatures in the hundreds. It has been lovely though it may now be getting hotter in the summer. We shall see.
That's interesting. Isn't there a lot humidity in summer/

That's interesting. Isn't there a lot humidity in summer/
We are having a drought. So our weather is delightful. No humidity!
Unfortunately, we are getting smoke from the Canadian wildfires. Which is definitely a first.

We are having a drought. So our weather is delightful. No humidity!
Unfortunately, we are getting smoke from the Canadian wildfires. Which is definitely a first.
A few years ago we had a really big wildfire that burnt for weeks. During the height of it, I was at the gas station and it was so smoky that people were looking up at the sun and some thought it must be the moon because it was so dim! Very, very eerie.

A few years ago we had a really big wildfire that burnt for weeks. During the height of it, I was at the gas station and it was so smoky that people were looking up at the sun and some thought it must be the moon because it was so dim! Very, very eerie.
That's how it is in NJ now. If there was no smoke, the sun would be out and it would probably be a gorgeous day - not too hot, low humidity - but right now the sun is covered by haze. It's also like a fog (which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so acrid). Everything outside has a muted tone - like a grayish / yellowish hue.

That's how it is in NJ now. If there was no smoke, the sun would be out and it would probably be a gorgeous day - not too hot, low humidity - but right now the sun is covered by haze. It's also like a fog (which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so acrid). Everything outside has a muted tone - like a grayish / yellowish hue.
Yup that's what it looked like here, yellowish sepia...Oh one correction, my wife just told me the smoke here a couple years ago were from wildfires north of us in B.C. Canada.