Jerry Springer RIP

Tools    

I never watched his show but my Dad would watch it just to irritate my Mom. She'd come in and find him watching it and say, "Turn that trash off!" And he'd say, "No, this is a good show!" I'd see him all the time on entertainment shows when they'd talk about him. Godspeed to you, Jerry.

20th century white trash culture is on the way out. Jerry Springer, Wal-Mart, Marilyn Manson, WWF wrestling, Anna Nicole Smith, they were all part of that center of gravity. Can't say that I will miss Mr. Springer like I miss Anna Nicole Smith.

20th century white trash culture is on the way out. Jerry Springer, Wal-Mart, Marilyn Manson, WWF wrestling, Anna Nicole Smith, they were all part of that center of gravity. Can't say that I will miss Mr. Springer like I miss Anna Nicole Smith.
And yet, the Kardashians merrily plod along like the cockroaches that they are.

And yet, the Kardashians merrily plod along like the cockroaches that they are.
I wouldnt know about them except for a newsblip every 6 months for the last 10 years, thats my full extent of exposure to that popculture and Id like to keep it that way, in fact, reduction of the exposure would be great. Making money because they already had money, good for them, I dont need the details, and I dont need to know their names or even know what they look like. Makes no difference to me.

Before them it was the Hiltons, which wasnt so bad, but I didnt watch their shows either. Not interested in reality TV peep tomming on the lives of other people.

I must say though, at least its not being forcefed to me like some other things I had to turn my head away from in recent years. Now I carry a bib everywhere to wipe the unexpected smudge from my cheek.