18.75%
3 votes
Playstation 2
16 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Oh yeah.
The memories I've had on that thing.

The original Donkey Kong theme music.
Nearly makes me cry.

To the Sper Nintendo Entertainment System!!

I compare systems based on titles released for them, rather than technical superiority.

Obviously the SNES doesn't compare to the Atari Jaguar, but I hope (I *hope*) you don't prefer the latter.

I still remember the day I brought my SNES hope and played Donkey Kong Country -- what a game! Even now its great, but in its time, it was jaw-dropping.

Originally posted by Arthur Dent
I compare systems based on titles released for them, rather than technical superiority.

Obviously the SNES doesn't compare to the Atari Jaguar, but I hope (I *hope*) you don't prefer the latter.
Don't worry, I don't. And yeah, games, obviously, are pretty much it...but a game's technical superiority plays a real role. Technically, a 10 year old game can be more fun...but most are hard-pressed to do so. Some types of games will ALWAYS improve with time...like the Madden series. Anyone here play Madden 2002? I'm hooked. I've played 4 full seasons in franchise mode so far.

I hooked too Chris. I'm on my 4th season with the Lions on the second most difficult setting. I won the Super Bowl last year, mainly b/c I've cleaned house on the roster

I still think that Tecmo SuperBowl on the SNES is the greatest football title of all time. We used to have a season going and had each team controlled by one of the kids in the neighborhood, was simply amazing!

Originally posted by mightymose
I hooked too Chris. I'm on my 4th season with the Lions on the second most difficult setting. I won the Super Bowl last year, mainly b/c I've cleaned house on the roster
Wow, you won the Super Bowl on All-Pro? I'm impressed. I've been playing Pro the whole time...though, I have won my last 24 games or so. Maybe I ought to move up.

I decided I had to move up when the scores were consistently 100+ to 0 in the easy setting, and 50 or so to 7 on the next level up...

Well, I won 69-7 in this season's opener, and I think 57-21 in my most recent game. I guess, after this season (and my 5th straight Super Bowl...yeah, baby!), I'll move it on up. I love drafting people...it's awesome. I've got a great young QB named Napolean Washington. And, in another simulation, I noticed that Travis Henry matured well, so I traded for him in the one I'm playing, and he's whoopin' it up...more than adequately replacing Bettis.

BTW: how do you tend to revamp? Free agency? Drafts? Trading? I just discovered, in like my third season, that you can trade draft picks. I unloaded something like my 1st and 2nd rounders two years in a row for Randy Moss and Shawn Springs, respectively.

That's something I noticed as well. The computer really values high draft picks, so you can trade a slightly above average player and a draft pick and get a great player... I do that pretty much every year

I love the draft, but b/c I trade a lot of my picks it's always interesting to see who I can get. If you give rooks some playing time they will eventually develop. I stay away from free agency, though occasionaly I will dip into the pool. Trades are fun, but the computer is a bit stupid at times, LOL.

Overall it's definitely a great game... I love the Madden Cards!

Glad I'm not the only one...I'm less worried about all those traded picks coming back to haunt me now. Free agency, I agree, doesn't tend to feature too many bona fide stars. At least no one particularly young. But it does help. I find I usually have enough budget lying around now (I've gotten better at handling the salary, I think) that it makes sense to dish out $5-6 million for a guy or two to strength a certain area, even if only for a couple of years.

Yeah, the Madden Cards are cool. I'd never use them in "official" play, though. That'd taint it! I like using the Ecko team, playing the Admirals, putting it on Rookie, and playing with a bunch of Madden Cards (I don't save it, though! That way I don't lose 'em), and winning big time. It was 255-0 the one time I tried it, I believe. They punted 17 times -- 15 I returned for touchdowns.

Lets put a smile on that block
HALO is awsome but im gonna go with PS2. I just got one for my 21st birthday and i LOVE IT! Me and Sis have been playing it. its awsome. Hours of fun and tons of gmaes released on it. X-BOX is good but doesnt have enough games and i heard that GAMECUBE is a failure as no ones buying it? maybe just rumours around Dixons over here....

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
. X-BOX is good but doesnt have enough games ....
Between now and the end of the year, X-BOX will at least doubled its amount of games in their collection.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I just got an XBox, and I'm digging it big time! Ghost Recon is like the greatest game ever created, and I can not wait for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5! (The only way to play TH games is on the XBox. You can replace the game's boring music with your own soundtrack! )

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Ghost Recon is awesome! My friend came over the night before he had to leave at like 5 in the morning for college, and we played that game until like 2:30 am. We looked at the clock and he was like, Well not gonna sleep tonight, and then he went home. I love all 3 systems, but I think the X-box is the best because it is the most advanced. The hard drive was a stroke of genius.

Only for the weak
SNES is by far the best system for it's time.

I think now, the PS2 definetly has the edge in good games. But X-Box and Gamecube have more powerful systems, and better graphics. I really want a Gamecube to play Metroid Prime.

I think the N64 was really good, and had some of the best games ever(Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda Ocirana of Time). But Nintendo just didn't put enough into I think.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Yoda
I still remember the day I brought my SNES hope and played Donkey Kong Country -- what a game! Even now its great, but in its time, it was jaw-dropping.

Wow, I was skimming this thread and I thought "I need to mention Donkey Kong Country" as I remember years ago, getting that game and not getting home until about 11pm on a work night. I popped the game in, got a little green tinting going (these were the party days) and when I got to like level 2 or 3, the one where you are swimming around, I just sat there staring at the graphics in awe..... Super Metroid also blew me away around the same time..... Now Nintendo seems like they release campy games more so than the others, although I am strictly PC as far as games are concerned (I do have a PS2 in the bedroom, but we just watch films on that).

Nice call Yods....

Games I play currently....

Warcraft III on Bnet

Civ III

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

I've got nearly all consloles, but more recently I bought the best console around - the x-box. The thread is best console, and the x-box wins this as it is the most powerful has a lot more extra features and the controllers are really good.