S1MØNE

→ in
Tools    

This movie has Al Pacino and Catherine Keener, so you go in it with some hope.....

5 minutes in its a great movie, KC Jones from the Ninja Turtles 1&3 shows up and gives Viktor (pacino) some thing, but he wont take it and its good and all, then they bring in Simone, it is the most unbelivable thing ever. The Way he gets around it is funny sometimes, but usually stupid. All the dramatic scenes, are horrible. Winona Rider pulls off a good performance, but shes only in 5 minutes of the movie. Al pacino is good, but his charater sucks, Catherine Keener, doesnt have enough screen time, and even how in love the people are with Simone seems fake, because we the audience are supposed to hate her.

And the movie pounds its theme into your head over and over and over again, so that by the end of the movie you want to kill yourself. On top of everything theres an annoying kid! S the movie starts off strong, but its horrible, dont see it.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

A novel adaptation.
Oh good lord.
It's a rare occasion that words such as stilted or hackneyed don't even begin to describe a plot.
Just got back from a 9:40 showing, and it's a little past midnight for me, so I'm just a tad too tired to write a review, however, be assured that I'll post one tommorow morning. Suffice it to say, that this movie was bad . Even worse, because at times during the film, I thought it was going to be good. Great, even.
Had they made the tale about the human condition, and the main character's obsession with Simone, I would have come out smiling. Pleased with the films good sense to take the plot in an interesting direction. Instead, I got a good dose of "Child Computer Prodigy" who is magically able to reconstruct a formatted harddrive in only 6 keystrokes.

But one must realise, I missed Bruce Campbell for this! Bruce Campbell! I'm sure that Serving Sara would be just as bad, but at least it knows it's a cheap comedy, and Bruce Campbell man, I mean, dammit!

I'm angry, I feel betrayed, more tommorow.

dude i just posted this like 2 days ago, someone combine the threads.

Yeah it was horrible.

SIMONE (7/10)
A bit of a disappointment for Andrew Nichols (Gattaca) follow up directorial effort.

Still tackling intelligent subject matter, the comedy edge was the way to go but the script at times falls into the flat and repetitive zone. Sometimes stimulating and certainly at times amusing this film is if nothing else beautifully shot

The cinematography lends a lot of weight to the overall watchability of this film. As Gattaca was blue and Cold, Simone is green and organic. An interesting comment on the films subject matter in relation to the sci fi genre. (very Soderburgh in style)

Pacino isnt stretching himself on this one but still delivers a watchable performance. Catherine Keener (Out of Sight, Death To Smoochy, Living In Oblivion) shines as usual dominating the screen for every frame she appears.

Unfortunately the final resolution after some intelligent ideas is surprisingly hollow. Still worth one look but an average film is what we get here instead of highly stimulating cinema.