I feel I owe an apology to this board

Tools    

I thought I'd put this in a thread so that we can all move forward with this understanding.

I feel that I've handled several things the wrong way during my short tenure on this board and I'd like to apologize.

As many know, I'm a refugee from IMDB. Since I've been here, I've been constantly on guard and VERY defensive. I feel that I've made a mistake in that regard.

Where I came from, I had to be on guard constantly. Everyone was attacking everyone there. Insults left and right. It was like the Tatooine cantina over there amplified x1000. So, when I came here, I think I carried that IMDB mentality with me and, as a result, have been quite guarded over here. Sometimes it's difficult to tell humor from insults around here and, given where I came from, I mostly just see insults instead of that unique brand of humor you guys have.

While I won't deny that I have had some ACTUAL problems here, I realize now that some of what's transpired has been a result of a mixture of misunderstandings from both sides and me being so guarded.

I guess I'm still trying to figure out the lay of the land here and you guys are, understandably, marking your territory and I've been taking it the wrong way.

Yoda was right--cultures have collided here and some MoFo's expect IMDB aggression (which it's known for) and some of us IMDB alums are expecting aggression from others. The end result is a myriad of misunderstandings

I'm actually quite decent when you get to know me (or so my friends say, heh heh) and I lasted ELEVEN years on IMDB without ever getting a ban.

Another problem is that many of you have been quite respectful and nice to me and I feel that I never gave those of you who were your due credit--I just dwelled on the negative and never let my guard down.

Well, I'd like to change that, starting today.

I'd like to start by thanking those of you who treated me well and let you know that you're the main reason I stuck it out here. I owe it to those of you decent folks to try to make it work.

So, I'm going to do my best to let my guard down more as well as handle situations differently should they arise. If my other buddies can make it work here and forge a way then there's no reason why I can't either.

So, I think I can speak for many when I say this: we ALL need to let our guards down enough forge ahead because, from what I can see, there's far more good here than bad and there's no reason why our "cultures" can't mesh.

So, for anyone who may be getting fed up with me, I ask that you please be patient as I'm adjusting and I will put forth more effort to let my guard down and integrate myself into this community more.

I thank you and look forward to starting over.

Hope I didn't cause you any grief. I think you have been a good addition to the board Dteam. See you around.

Assuming you've unblocked me so you can read this, then that's big of you. No hard feelings from me.

i like it

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
it's all gonna be fine. it always takes a bit of time when things like this happen... i knew things would iron themselves out on their own eventually. it's cool that you made this thread though. happy posting.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Why the change of heart all of a sudden? I'm quite surprised. What has prompted all of this?
I had a stern talking with him.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Good to see, deat. I was really looking forward to us talking up a storm when BCS starts up. I posted some stuff for you in there yesterday.

Hope I didn't cause you any grief. I think you have been a good addition to the board Dteam. See you around.
Not you, dude. Not at all. I never had any issues with you, believe me. In fact, you waged debate exactly as a person should. I respect you.

Why the change of heart all of a sudden? I'm quite surprised. What has prompted all of this?
A lot of things, really. Mainly some heart-to-hearts with a couple friends that I really appreciate. That and some soul-searching.

I'm not saying that I attribute EVERYTHING to me being guarded (some of those issues WERE problems) but I can acknowledge that some of those problems were probably brought on by misunderstandings from both sides as well as me not "getting" the humor around here. That and there really are some good people here and I've been sort of ignoring them, harping on the bad.

All forums have good and bad and, dammit--I was a loved poster where I came from--no reason I can't be here either.

Good to see, deat. I was really looking forward to us talking up a storm when BCS starts up. I posted some stuff for you in there yesterday.
Yep, gotta have our BCS talks of course! :yes:

Yep, gotta have our BCS talks of course! :yes:
I cant wait much longer, deat. Rewatched last season's finale last night.

Nice post, hopefully your time here will begin to be more pleasant now and I look forward to the day when you can say you've been here 11 years or more.

I look forward to the day when you can say you've been here 11 years or more.
Hey scary thought. Where does the time go. We'll look back on this thread in 11 years and say 'that was 11 years???'

Hey scary thought. Where does the time go. We'll look back on this thread in 11 years and say 'that was 11 years???'
You might ..... I'll probably be desperately trying to remember what the heck my password is in 11 years