What's so bad about Mission: Impossible II (2000)?

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
MI: II is easily my least favorite. As Iro said, the face swapping basically goes so far it becomes self-parody, and the directorial style just isn't a good fit.

These days, I will take the two-part magnum opus of Rogue Nation and Fallout over the rest. Two of the best action flicks made in years.
To be precise, what I wrote was that it was the wrong mix of silly and boring. After all, Fallout had that Wolf Blitzer scene and that's at least as silly as any of the face-swapping in M:I-2 (if not more so), but the rest of the movie more than makes up for it. I think it's a problem for at least a couple of installments (even ones that are generally considered good) where the non-action scenes can be sluggish and undermine the movie as a whole, which I'd argue is the real problem with M:I-2 (my main example of this being the racetrack sequence).

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay, I didn't have a problem with the racetrack sequence. What was wrong with it do you think ?

Welcome to the human race...
I just don't think it holds up on repeat viewings. As much fun as M:I's action tends to be on a consistent basis, that just leads me to eliminate the common denominator and question how well the non-action scenes go and it's kind of a tedious excuse for a suspense setpiece.

Nothing is so bad about the movie cos I didn't bother to see the movie Bro