Movie Tab II

Tools    

Same as any other image. Some quick instructions posted below, from The Rodent:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...03#post1689303
Don't get it at all. If I want a one-second clip from something on YouTube, how do I get that and not the entire clip?

Don't get it at all. If I want a one-second clip from something on YouTube, how do I get that and not the entire clip?
You need to edit it yourself. Wondershare video converter is what I use on the firefox browser exclusively. DL the video, then set trim points in and out. A bit complicated for the novice but a worthy investment of time to learn it for future succincity. Is that a word?

Ah, so you were asking how to create them, not how to add them to posts? In that case, what Joel said, with the addendum that there are lots of online tools that'll turn parts of YouTube clips into GIFs. A quick Google search should bring up several.

You need to edit it yourself. Wondershare video converter is what I use on the firefox browser exclusively. DL the video, then set trim points in and out. A bit complicated for the novice but a worthy investment of time to learn it for future succincity. Is that a word?
That's what I figured. I have edited my own videos so I understand what you're saying. Maybe one day when I have more patience, I will give it a shot. They are most impressive, IMO.

Succinctness is the noun you are looking for.

Almost none of the GIFs you're seeing in here are made by the people using them, though: you can find tons of them by searching Google and hitting "Images." Under Tools, there's an option to only display animated images.

Ah, so you were asking how to create them, not how to add them to posts? In that case, what Joel said, with the addendum that there are lots of online tools that'll turn parts of YouTube clips into GIFs. A quick Google search should bring up several.
AH, OK. I misunderstood. You want GIF's. That's also very doable. A few moments of patience will not be soon unlearned. I suggest bookmarking all of your sources. Start with these...https://www.wondershare.net/pro/vide...-ultimate.html (simply the best on the market, period.)

https://giphy.com/create/gifmaker (snoop around, it's fairly intuitive. Be sure to grab the download feature so you have full control and not just embedding capabilities)

Almost none of the GIFs you're seeing in here are made by the people using them, though: you can find tons of them by searching Google and hitting "Images." Under Tools, there's an option to only display animated images.
Oh, I thought the posters here had made them. Will try later for "Images".

Oh, I thought the posters here had made them. Will try later for "Images".
There's something satisfying about making your own. You decide what 24 or so frames get represented. I guess you can really extend gifs, too. But those may as well be a video at that point.

Beauty and The Beast (Bill Condon, 2017)

Not bad. I'm kinda in the bag for Emma at his point and she could carry a tune pretty well. Liked most of the songs. Mostly just a big cgi remake of a classic. What do you really expect? I'm sure younger Emma fans will like it for being shiny and such.

The Boss Baby (Tom McGrath, 2017)

Did not love this one. We had some greats last year with Sing and Moana and even Zootopia but this one fell way short of those. Looking forward to some of the other animated releases this year tho.... shall return!

Care for some gopher?
Warrior (Gavin O'Connor, 2011) -

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (Frank Capra, 1939) -

Bee Movie (Steve Hickner/Simon J. Smith, 2007) -

Meet the Robinsons (Stephen J. Anderson, 2007) -

Welcome to the human race...
To Die For (Gus Van Sant, 1995) -

Written on the Wind (Douglas Sirk, 1956) -

Escape From New York (John Carpenter, 1981) -

Last Man Standing (Walter Hill, 1996) -

Popeye (Robert Altman, 1980) -

A Man Escaped (Robert Bresson, 1956) -

A Streetcar Named Desire (Elia Kazan, 1951) -

How Green Was My Valley (John Ford, 1941) -

A Place in the Sun (George Stevens, 1951) -

Le révélateur (Philippe Garrel, 1968) -

Welcome to the human race...
Wonder if Trump has ever seen Escape From New York.
The man hasn't got the attention span to sit through Bloodsport so I doubt it. The real question is whether or not he'd want to see the British-sounding President's birth certificate - or maybe why anyone would ever want to escape from his tremendous hometown.

Finished here. It's been fun.
[i][b]
Escape From New York (John Carpenter, 1981) -
Nice! What are your brief thoughts on Escape from L.A? I think it's a severely underrated film because Carpenter just says "eff it" and mocks every aspect of civilization. I even find the outdated CGI sequences really charming.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Bring it On - Okay this movie was way funnier than I expected. So many great one liners and a smart, satirical script. Loved it!

Outside Providence - As someone from the New England Area, this movie gets the attitude and humor of the Massachusetts/Rhode Island area just right. Sure, some of the accents are a bit hammy, but ignore that, it's hilarious.

Dirty Dancing - Made for TV remake...Okay, I'm not a big fan of the original, so I can't really compare them, but this one had it's issues. Why is it three hours long? Why did they inject modern attitudes into a film set in the 50's/60's? Why didn't the leads have any chemistry? And what was up with the BS ending? Yes, we get it, they wouldn't have ended up together, but why show that? Let the viewer enjoy their teenage fantasy, it's a frickin' movie. I liked Abigail Breslin, it was nice to see a girl who isn't thin and movie star glamorous as the lead, but the rest of this was pretty crap.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

May second half:

+
The Descent (Neil Marshall, 2005)

Scarlet Street (Fritz Lang, 1946)
The Filth And The Fury (Julien Temple, 2000)

+
De behandeling [The Treatment] (Hans Herbots, 2014)
The Interrupted Journey (Daniel Birt, 1949)

Portrait Of Jennie (William Dieterle, 1947)

+
13 Sins (Daniel Stamm, 2014)

GirlHouse (Jon Knautz & Trevor Matthews, 2014)
Out Of The Blue aka Vera Caspary's Out Of The Blue (Leigh Jason, 1947)
The Strange Woman (Edgar G. Ulmer & Douglas Sirk, 1946)

+
I'll be Seeing You (William Dieterle & George Cukor, 1944)
The Pay Off (Arthur Dreifuss, 1942)
Uchûjin Tôkyô ni arawaru [Warning From Space] (Kôji Shima, 1956)

Texas Killing Fields (Ami Canaan Mann, 2011)
The Gunman (Pierre Morel, 2015)

+
Uneasy Terms (Vernon Sewell, 1948)

The Watch (Akiva Schaffer, 2012)
The Woman In Black 2: Angel Of Death (Tom Harper, 2014)

+
Women In The Night (cut vsn) (William Rowland, 1948)

Gun Woman (Kurando Mitsutake, 2014)
The Contract (Bruce Beresford, 2006)

Willow Creek (Bobcat Goldthwaite, 2013)

May 2017 watches

May 1 - Drive (Nicolas Winding Refn; 2011) -

May 5 - The Social Network (David Fincher; 2010) -

May 6 - Nightcrawler (Dan Gilroy; 2014) -

May 7 - Bottle Rocket (Wes Anderson; 1996) -

May 7 - Blood Simple (Coen brothers; 1984) -

May 13 - The Fly (David Cronenberg; 1986) -

May 14 - Videodrome (David Cronenberg; 1983) -

May 15 - Eraserhead (David Lynch; 1977) - [rating]4[rating]
May 17 - A Serious Man (Coen brothers; 2009) -

May 20 - Non-Stop (Jaume Collet-Serra; 2014) -

May 25 - Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (David Lynch; 1992) -

May 28 - T2 Trainspotting (Danny Boyle; 2017) -

May 29 - Rushmore (Wes Anderson; 1998) -

May 30 - The Royal Tenenbaums (Wes Anderson; 2001) -

May 30 - The Man Who Wasn't There (Coen brothers; 2001) -

May 31 - Enemy (Denis Villeneuve; 2013) -

Total - 16
2017 total - 96

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.