Movie Tab II

Tools    

Split (1989)

This was f*cking awesome. A tasteless, paranoid schizophrenic movie that experiments with glitchy VHS effects. It’s almost like an American Tetsuo.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

The CGI is a major eyesore, but it’s a pretty good movie. Unashamedly full of clichés, because it knows that it’s pulling them off well enough.

Babylon A.D. (2008)

The action bits and Vin Diesel make this a cringefest, but I thought it was cool otherwise. Great eye candy; the destitute world approaches Blade Runner levels of detail.

Days of Eclipse (1988)

Uber tranquil & bleak. Also boring, but that’s expected. When the background ambiance ceases, it’s like an ASMR movie. Great immersive/meditative movie.

Cocoon (1985) -

Pretty fun 'light' sci-fi. Starts out really well, and sort of turns into Spielberg worship.

1 Scarecrows (1988) (01/01/17) **
2 Curse of Chucky (2013) (07/01/17) ***1/2
3 Amsterdamned (1988) (12/01/17) **1/2 (NEW TO ME)
4 Rabid (1977) (14/01/17) *** (NEW TO ME)
5 Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) (15/01/17) ***1/2
6 Airplane! (1980) (15/01/17) ***1/2
7 Eyes of Crystal (2004) (19/01/17) ** (NEW TO ME)
8 Kingsman: The Secret Service (22/01/17) (2015) ***1/2
9 Time After Time (1979) (23/01/17) ***1/4
10 In A Valley of Violence (2016) (31/01/17) ***1/4 (NEW)
11 Spooks: The Greater Good (2015) (01/02/17) (NEW TO ME) ***1/4
12 Split (2017) (06/02/17) **1/2 (CINEMA NEW)
13 A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014) (11/02/17) ***1/4
14 Groundhog Day (1993) (16/02/17) ***1/4
15 Hopscotch (1980) (21/02/17) *** (NEW TO ME)
16 Batman (1989) (25/02/17) ***1/4
17 The Mask (1995) (26/02/17) ***
18 In Bruges (2007) (05/02/17) ****
19 Better Off Dead (1985) (12/03/17) ***1/2
20 Appointment with Death (1988) (18/03/17) *** (NEWISH TO ME)
21 Train to Busan (2016) (21/03/17) ***1/4 (NEW)
22 Before I Wake (2016) (21/03/17) *** (NEW)
23 Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (2015) (26/03/17) ****
24 Beauty and the Beast (2017) (27/03/17) ***1/2 (CINEMA NEW)
25 Life (2017) (29/03/17) ***1/2 (CINEMA NEW)
26 Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987) (02/04/17) ***1/4
27 Show Me Love (1998) (09/04/17) ****
28 The Burning (1981) (16/04/17) ***
29 Twins (1988) (16/04/17) ***1/4
30 Hush (2016) (17/04/17) ***1/2 (NEW)
31 Addams Family Values (1993) (23/04/17) ***1/4
32 Damien Omen II (1978) (24/04/17) ***1/2
33 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) (25/04/17) ***1/4 (CINEMA NEW)

April - The Full Monty

Bin-jip [3-Iron] (Ki-duk Kim, 2004)
Offbeat but oddly compelling and delightful romantic drama in which the two principal characters barely utter a sound and a story that for me is not so much about the plausibility of what transpires but the emotions invoked and how it makes you feel

Ivanovo detstvo [Ivan's Childhood] (Andrei Tarkovsky, 1962)
WW II drama that for the most part is quite sublime with it's cinematography in a tale that is both well acted and powerful yet also beautifully understated

Lat sau san taam [Hard Boiled] (John Woo, 1992)
Superb action thriller that may not be the best film ever made but is certainly one of the most fun to watch with some beautifully orchestrated action pieces and a final act that delivers in spades

Onibaba [Demon Woman] (Kaneto Shindô, 1964)
Dark drama that is beautifully shot and acted in a setting perfect for the tale and although the score feels a little odd at the very beginning that too soon becomes perfectly suited to the visuals

+
Cidade de Deus [City Of God] (Fernando Meirelles & Kátia Lund, 2002)
Excellent no-frills crime drama about juveniles set amidst the favelas and beaches of Rio where lives are even cheaper than bullets but dreams of escape still occasionally flourish

Dead Man's Shoes (Shane Meadows, 2004)
Excellent no frills revenge drama that is at times darkly comic but is inherently bleak and assisted perfectly by the choice of soundtrack and use of both b&w and flashback interspersed into a subject matter that unfolds nicely and naturally evokes a level of empathy which benefits from fine performances by both Paddy Considine and Toby Kebbell as the troubled brothers

Youth (Paolo Sorrentino, 2015)
Quirky drama that isn't immediately engaging but gradually grows more and more quaint, immersive and enjoyable as it progresses and even one or two of the peripheral characters being a tad contrived and a somewhat overly theatrical ending don't knock proceedings down too much

Die Mörder sind unter uns [The Murderers Are Among Us] (Wolfgang Staudte, 1946)
Effective post WW II drama that is set amidst the rubble of a war-torn Berlin and for the most part nicely made and beautifully lit, with even the odd moment of melodrama hardly marring a film and managing to avoid being overly preachy with it's message - a film that was both brave in the making and important in it's domestic viewing

Dip huet seung hung [The Killer] (John Woo, 1989)
Action-thriller that doesn't have the greatest score and gets a little overly schmaltzy in places but that's more than countered by the gloriously over-the-top and stylised action while both 'Shrimp Head' and 'Runt' appear to be having almost as much fun as the audience

Relatos salvajes [Wild Tales] (Damián Szifron, 2014)
Anthology of six tales, some naturally more satisfying than others but there are some very nice touches of dark humour throughout (and possibly the most thrilling in-car fight scene ever ) making the whole an enjoyable watch

+
Call Northside 777 (Henry Hathaway, 1948)
Nicely made crime drama based on actual events surrounding a prohibition-era Chicago murder and the subsequent journalistic investigation into it more than a decade later in which Stewart employs his stock character but it's perfectly suited to portraying the reporter driving proceedings along

Fasandræberne [The Absent One] (Mikkel Nørgaard, 2014)
Second in the 'Department Q' crime thriller series could have been pared back a little in terms of duration but it does maintain interest and has decent production values

Ida (Pawel Pawlikowski, 2013)
Absolutely beautifully filmed drama that utilises the power of b&w with a very good performances from Agata Kulesza as the aunt and a promising debut from Agata Trzebuchowska as Anna though the film could have flowed a little better in places and also could have benefitted from a little more meat on it's bones in terms of story imo

Kung Fu [Kung Fu Hustle] (Stephen Chow, 2004)
MA comedy that is completely daft and decidedly over the top and although a little patchy and slow to begin with doesn't take too long to build up a head of steam and is hugely fun to watch once it does

Rabbit-Proof Fence (Phillip Noyce, 2002)
Bio-drama adventure that may not have the strongest beginning but soon draws the viewer into it's tale which is filmed quite beautifully with strong performances in the central roles

Shurayuki-hime [Lady Snowblood aka Lady Snowblood: Blizzard From The Netherworld] (Toshiya Fujita, 1973)
Period revenge drama that suffers a little from editing and camerawork that is occasionally a little below standard whilst in the early stages mixes it's timelines just a little too often for my liking but the majority of the tale is well told and the moments of arterial spray or amputation deliciously over the top as befits a movie of this ilk

The Gift (Sam Raimi, 2000)
Mystery thriller with horror overtones that has a strong central performance from Cate Blanchett ably assisted by the supporting cast in a tale that evolves quite nicely even if, up until the final twist, also rather unsurprisingly

Yeogo goedam 4: Moksori [Voice aka The Voice / Whispering Corridors 4: Voice] (Equan Choi, 2005)
Penultimate entry in the Korean 'ghost school' quintet is a multi-layered tale brought to life well with nice performances and use of sound though some of the visual effects are a little underwhelming and imo the runtime could have been slightly shortened in the middle third

Big Bad Wolves (Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado, 2013)
Israeli comedy thriller that is a bit light on the comedy elements at times but when they are there they are amusing enough and although there's no real breaking of new ground it's well enough done and the tale is generally well told with only the very ending being a little disappointing

Dark Passage (Delmere Daves, 1947)
Noirish thriller that thankfully manages to avoid overusing the first person perspective in the first third of proceedings and is a decent enough watch but the story is just a little too pat for my taste

Guardians Of The Galaxy (James Gunn, 2014)
Pretty entertaining sci-fi comic-book action adventure that has a few amusing lines sprinkled throughout, some acceptable action scenes and Karen Gillan's make-up is particularly well done but the story is hardly groundbreaking and as much as I wanted to care about the characters I never really did and as a result the whole affair seemed very slightly overly long

La femme infidèle [The Unfaithful Wife] (Claude Chabrol, 1969)
Solid crime drama that may be extremely languid in terms of pace but is none the worse for it and Stéphane Audran is certainly easy on the eye though the score won't be to everyone's taste and is a tad over the top in places whilst the conclusion feels a little abrupt

The Hitcher (Robert Harmon, 1986)
Somewhat ridiculous thriller that is best not scrutinised but certainly has it's moments where it's a great ride and never fails to entertain

The Stranger (Orson Welles, 1946)
Noirish crime thriller that is a little overly melodramatic at times in the first third but eventually settles down to be a nice, taut tale even if it does suffer from a wont to preach to the audience in the odd place

+
A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night (Ana Lily Amirpour, 2014)
Quirky vampire tale that is visually appealing, generally well acted and uses sound nicely in places but one or two of the soundtrack choices felt rather strange to me and aside from the odd moment it's a rather slow and uneventful affair with little reason to connect to any of those involved

Flaskepost fra P [A Conspiracy Of Faith aka Department Q: A Conspiracy Of Faith] (Hans Petter Moland, 2016)
Third in the crime thriller series takes a while to really get going and stretches credulity in places but remains watchable

God Bless America (Bobcat Goldthwait, 2011)
Satirical social commentary on aspects of American modern life (and elsewhere) that starts off quite amusing and engaging despite the occasional flat spot and contains a nice piece of irony but sadly gradually and inexorably begins to wane as it continues to beat the same drum before reaching an easily foreseeable and rather lame conclusion

The Gift (Joel Edgerton, 2015)
Mystery thriller that starts a little weakly with neither script nor acting hitting the mark at times but does gradually improve and although the tale hardly breaks new ground and is rather predictable it is managed well enough to maintain interest to a conclusion that would have been far better if just alluded to

Andrey Rublev [Andrei Rublev] (Andrei Tarkovsky, 1966)
Period biographical drama that is beautifully shot with some good performances and whilst the animal cruelty is definitely an issue (thankfully the version on Film 4 omitted the worst parts) the second half is nonetheless very good and holds interest but the first half is just so tiresome and arduous to get through and perhaps telling that for me by far the most interesting segment is one in which he titular character remains predominantly peripheral to proceedings

Bitter Victory aka Amère Victoire (Nicholas Ray, 1957)
WW II drama that for the most part is very nicely made but I'm not enamoured of the core story and the way it transpires whilst some of the drama veers way too far into melodrama for my taste

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (Troy Nixey, 2010)
Fantasy horror remake that manages to create some decent atmosphere in a couple of places but it's all far more childish than horrifying leaving it too childish for adults but too adult for kids imo

Monsters University (Dan Scanlon, 2013)
Moderately amusing animated comedy prequel but sadly employs a rather predictable story arc and is somewhat reliant on the likeability of it's central characters

Pionér [Pioneer] (Erik Skjoldbjærg, 2013)
Thriller set in the oil & gas sector that has an interesting enough storyline and is reasonably well made but is also just a little predictable and ultimately underwhelming

Shurayuki-hime: Urami koiuta [Lady Snowblood 2: Love Song Of Vengeance] (Toshiya Fujita, 1974)
Period sequel that doesn't have the same simplistic appeal of storyline and lacks the flair and passion of the original for much of it's runtime but has it's moments and is still a fun enough watch

When The Sky Falls (John Mackenzie, 2000)
Crime drama recounting events that led up to the murder of Irish crime journalist Veronica Guerin (though with names changed) and although reasonably well made and a subject of interest does drag and seem longer than it's runtime

Young Sherlock Holmes (Barry Levinson, 1985)
Patchy mystery adventure yarn that contains a few moments of fun but although obviously influenced by Indiana Jones (Spielberg is executive producer) it falls quite a way short of that standard albeit perfectly watchable

+
State Of Emergency (Turner Clay, 2011)
Moderate zombie sci-horror that brings nothing new to the table and is a little short on excitement (with some of the action somewhat less than stellar) but does manage to generate a little atmosphere and even a soupçon of tension once or twice

The Rover (David Michôd, 2014)
Post-apocalyptic crime drama that's perfectly watchable but doesn't really deliver for me as it perhaps should, partly due to the soundtrack - which grates at times - and partly because I really don't care for any of the characters during events that are sporadic with far too much uneventful 'road trip' inbetween

Cry Wolf (Jeff Wadlow, 2005)
Mediocre horror-thriller that takes far too long to actually get going, has a lead who's delivery really grates imo and even in the 'uncut' version shies away from showing any real graphic detail but it does at least manage to retain a modicum of interest throughout

The Monuments Men (George Clooney, 2014)
WW II drama based on reality that is competently made and certainly amusing in places but the whole affair feels derivative with a tone that not only chops and changes but also doesn't particularly work well plus a score and voiceover that are pretty irritating at times

The Tall Man (Pascal Laugier, 2012)
Mystery drama that deliberately obfuscates what is transpiring at first and has a nice performance from Jessica Biel in the lead but in doing so it initially fails to engage and an early action sequence that is rather poorly managed further detracts from interest in proceedings

The Windmill Massacre aka The Windmill (Nick Jongerius, 2016)
A hackneyed storyline and poor script alongside some weak acting and overplayed tropes that sadly aren't even redeemed by a number of decent kills which means although watchable it's no more than a run of the (wind)mill 'slasher'

+
Casshern (Kazuaki Kiriya, 2004)
Animé based sci-fi action adventure that has it's moments of lucidity where it is enjoyable but is overlong and not the easiest of watches with overlaid imagery at times, a colour palette that may well be stylised but isn't particularly appealing much of the time, a narrative that lacks flow at times and a score that is overblown, intrusive and downright irritating in places

Sanctum (Alister Grierson, 2011)
Adventure thriller that for me just does far too much that irritates - an overpaced initial act that doesn't allow any rapport to be built, a score that doesn't always fit and actually grates at times, the spurning of generating any real claustrophobia in the action scenes despite many having no depth of field ... not to mention how irritating or twee the script, characterisations and/or events are at times

Black Rock (Katie Aselton, 2012)
Weak survival thriller that neither has anything new to offer nor reinvents the wheel with any particular aplomb as it runs through familiar tropes and albeit watchable it's pretty poor in parts and the soundtrack is quite irritating in places too

The Devil's Sleep (W Merle Connell, 1949)
Technically substandard crime drama with poor acting and a weak script that goes on to pontificate and moralise about the dangers of drugs and adolescents in the closing stages but remains watchable even if it is in a car-crash type of way

+
New Guy aka The New Guy (Bilge Ebiri, 2003)
Low-budget comedy/horror with not very high production values in which the dry humour is rarely funny and events far more ridiculous and contrived than horrifying that may have been better served as a short imo

Everything I watched In March and April
(Thoughts posted in my Movie Log)

Sausage Party (Greg Tiernan and Conrad Vernon, 2016)
-
Pinocchio (Norman Ferguson, .T. Hee, et al., 1940) (Rewatch)

Cameraman's Revenge (Mest kinematograficheskogo operatora) (Wladyslaw Starewicz, 1912)

Untamed Heart (Tony Bill, 1993) (Rewatch)
+
Grosse Pointe Blank (George Armitage, 1997) (Rewatch)
+
RocknRolla (Guy Ritchie, 2008)
+
Leap Of Faith (Richard Pearce, 1992) (Rewatch)
+
Cliffhanger (Renny Harlan, 1993) (Rewatch)
-
Pulp Fiction (Quentin Tarantino, 1994) (Rewatch)
-
Captain Fantastic (Matt Ross, 2016)
+
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom) (Kim Ki-Duk, 2003)
-
The Great Dictator (Charles Chaplin, 1940)
-
Wings of Desire (Der Himmel über Berlin) (Wim Wenders, 1987)

Buffalo '66 (Vincent Gallo, 1998)
+
The Quiet Earth (Geoffrey Murphy, 1985)
+
The Marriage of Maria Braun (Die Ehe der Maria Braun) (Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 1978)
-
The Three Musketeers (Richard Lester, 1973)
-
Forbidden Games (Jeux interdits) (René Clément, 1952)

The Hunt (Jagten) (Thomas Vinterberg, 2012)
+
The Broken Circle Breakdown (Felix van Groeningen, 2012)
+
Dead Poets Society (Peter Weir, 1989)
-

April Watches:

John Wick

The Loved Ones
-
Spring

A Moment of Innocence

Orphan

Belle De Jour

I Saw The Devil
-
25th Hour

The Marriage of Maria Braun
-
Nightmare Alley

Forbidden Games

The Quiet Earth
-
The Three Musketeers
+
Inland Empire
(no idea what i rate this until i see it again really, think Laura Derns performance may be my favourite ever which is why i'm giving the film a high rating)
The Great Dictator
+
Wings of Desire
-
Something Wild
-
The Hunt
+

2017 Watches: 82

Care for some gopher?
Nineteen Eighty-four (Michael Radford, 1984) -

Over the Hedge (Tim Johnson/Karey Kirkpatrick, 2006) -

Docteur Jekyll et les femmes The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyll and Miss Osbourne (Walerian Borowczyk, 1981) -
+

April, 2017 movies watched-

Mysterious Skin (2004)
Disturbing movie centered on sexual abuse with a great performance from Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Patriot's Day (2016)
+ A story that hits close to home, and a movie that does it justice.

Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)
- I enjoyed it as an animal lover and a sucker, but besides that I didn't think it was anything special.

National Velvet (1944)
An excellent family film that I probably would have loved if I had seen it at a different time.

Someone's Knocking at the Door (2009)
A couple of sick scenes and some humor, but not much else.

Ex Drummer (2007)
+ Wild flick with outrageous and sick humor.

Call Northside 777 (1948)
From the noirs list, although I didn't think it was a noir. It's still a really good flick with a great performance from Jimmy Stewart.

The Ox-Bow Incident (1943)
A lot of power packed into a short movie

My Darling Clementine (1946)
The oldest movie I've seen featuring the gunfight at the O.K. Corral, yet it's the one that seemed the freshest.

The Three Musketeers (1973)
- Very entertaining even if it's not geared towards my usual taste.

Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals (1977)
+ A more erotic cannibal film.

The Hunt (2012)
+ So engrossing with great performances.

Woman of the Year (1942)
Very solid romance/comedy/drama combo with Tracy and Hepburn, but an average watch for me.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (2003)
I loved having a look at the lives of monks and the setting, but that was pretty much it.

Dead Poet's Society (1989) Repeat viewing
I think this is a movie that has a certain special quality that's hard to explain.

Captain Fantastic (2016)
Funny and different.

Now, Voyager (1942)
- A pretty solid movie but I struggled to stay interested.

Forbidden Games (1952) Repeat viewing
Bolstered by a devastating beginning.

Dances With Wolves (1990)
- Shame on me for going so long without seeing this.

Portrait of Jennie (1948)
Haunting love story with a fantastical element.

I Walked with a Zombie (1943)
I didn't quite love it like I had hoped, but it's well worth watching even for folks who don't generally like horror.

Detour (1945)
+ Not a whole lot to this short noir, but it's a fun watch.

Intouchables (2011)
A Supreme feel good movie.

Total April viewings-23
Total 2017 viewings-110

A great month finding new favorites.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom) (Kim Ki-Duk, 2003)
-
Herp derp animal cruelty = instant 1 star herp derp
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Herp derp animal cruelty = instant 1 star herp derp
You're neglecting the heavy handed execution of its concepts. Even without the animal cruelty it would've been a
at best.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Wings of Desire (Der Himmel über Berlin) (Wim Wenders, 1987)

Forbidden Games (Jeux interdits) (René Clément, 1952)
You rate all masterpieces low.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Me too.
Bats (Louis Morneau, 1999)

Shadow Man (Michael Keusch, 2006)

Stick (Burt Reynolds, 1985)

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (Stanley Kubrick, 1964)

Realistic, intense action scenes combined with sometimes subtle, sometimes evident humor inform the film.
Colossal (Nacho Vigolondo, 2017)

The Substitute 3: Winner Takes All (Robert Radler, 1999)
+
The Dazzling Light of Sunset (Salomé Jashi, 2017)

Grindhouse (Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino & 3 Others, 2007)

Rose McGowan’s dance over the opening credits is hot enough to set the film on fire.
Hercules (Louis Coates [Luigi Cozzi], 1983)

For the Love of Mike (George Sherman, 1960)

Landscape in the Mist (Theodoros Angelopoulos, 1988)

Reservoir Dogs (Quentin Tarantino, 1992)

Steve Buscemi is afraid that his cohorts will think of him as Mr. Pussy.
Shoe Shine Boy (Walter Hart, 1943)
+
Another Year (Shengze Zhu, 2017)

Wild Rovers (Blake Edwards, 1971)
+
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (George Roy Hill, 1969)

Sundance (Robert Redford) thinks Butch (Paul Newman) used too much dynamite on that tough new safe.
Sparrows (William Beaudine, 1926)
+
Le révélateur (Philippe Garrel, 1968)

A Hijacking (Tobias Lindholm, 2012)

Rocky (John G. Avildsen, 1976)

The love of Rocky (Sly Stallone) and Adrian (Talia Shire) culminates at the same time as the championship bout.

April 2017 watches

Apr 3 - The Truman Show (Peter Weir; 1998) -

Apr 5 - Slumdog Millionaire (Danny Boyle; 2008) -

Apr 7 - Spring Breakers (Harmony Korine; 2012) -

Apr 8 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off (John Hughes; 1986) -

Apr 9 - Burn After Reading (Coen brothers; 2008) -

Apr 10 - Moon (Duncan Jones; 2009) -
(rewatch)
Apr 10 - Ghostbusters (Paul Feig; 2016) -

Apr 11 - X-Men: First Class (Matthew Vaughn; 2011) -
(rewatch)
Apr 12 - Boogie Nights (Paul Thomas Anderson; 1997) -

Apr 13 - Black Swan (Darren Aronofsky; 2010) -

Apr 14 - Mulholland Drive (David Lynch; 2001) -

Apr 15 - The Big Lebowski (Coen brothers; 1998) -
(rewatch)
Apr 22 - The Ladykillers (Coen brothers; 2004) -

Apr 28 - Good Will Hunting (Gus Van Sant; 1997) -
(rewatch)
Apr 28 - Silence of the Lambs (Jonathan Demme; 1991) -

Apr 28 - Shaun of the Dead (Edgar Wright; 2004) -
(rewatch)
Apr 30 - Goodfellas (Martin Scorsese; 1990) -

Total: 17
2017 total: 81

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Welcome to the human race...
Free Fire (Ben Wheatley, 2016) -

Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World (Werner Herzog, 2016) -

Guardians of the Galaxy (James Gunn, 2014) -

Bloodsport (Newt Arnold, 1988) -

Life Itself (Steve James, 2014) -

Colossal (Nacho Vigalondo, 2016) -

The Pledge (Sean Penn, 2001) -

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (Mike Hodges, 2003) -

Ghost in the Shell (Rupert Sanders, 2017) -

Election (Alexander Payne, 1999) -

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

A Night at the Roxbury (John Fortenberry, 1998)
+
Obsessed (Steve Shill, 2009)
+
Loss of Innocence aka The Greengage Summer (Lewis Gilbert, 1961)
-
Penguins of Madagascar (Eric Darnell & Simon J. Smith, 2014)

Three penguin brothers save an egg from seals on an iceberg and then become godfathers.
Chili and Chills (Harold Austin, 1932)

Never Fear aka Young Lovers (Ida Lupino, 1949)

The Perfect Guy (David M. Rosenthal, 2015)

Whirlpool of Fate (Jean Renoir, 1925)

The daughter (Catherine Hessling) of a barge pole man is forced to live a harsh life due to her late father and his brother (Pierre Champagne).
Une chambre en ville aka A Room in Town (Jacques Demy, 1982)

Bigfoot Canyon (Stephon Stewart, 2012)
+
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (Cody Cameron & Kris Pearn, 2013)

Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends (Keishi Ohtomo, 2014)

His overheated archrival (Tatsuya Fujiwara) takes on some other men before he does battle with Kenshin (Takeru Satoh).
The Modern Jungle (Charles Fairbanks & Saul Kak, 2016)

The Rage of Paris (Henry Koster, 1938)

Polly of the Circus (Alfred Santell, 1932)

Days of Thunder (Tony Scott, 1990)
+

Hot dog NASCAR driver Tom Cruise gets searched by highway patrol officer Leilani Sarelle .
The Winds Know That I’m Coming Back Home (José Luis Torres Leiva, 2016)

The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior (Russell Mulcahy, 2008)
+
The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption (Roel Reiné, 2012)
+
Fireworks Wednesday (Asgahr Farhadi, 2006)

Tehran, during the Festival of Fire before Nowruz (Persian New Year). A couple’s new housekeeper (Taraneh Alidoosti) overhears their marital problems, and despite wanting to stay out of it, she does feel sympathy for the wife (Hediyeh Tehrani).